Carpet fitting jobs in Winshill
- The Carpet StopDerbyWe are a reputable carpet & flooring company with branches across the UK. Our stores are getting busier and to help provide the best customer service we need…EmployerActive 2 days ago·
- NOTTINGHAM CARPET FITTERS LIMITEDBasfordResponsibilities: - Read and interpret blueprints, schematics, and technical drawings to determine specifications and materials required - Measure, cut, and…EmployerActive 29 days ago·
- TravelodgeWalsall WS2Job Description Find where you belong! Do you have a passion for improving rooms and making them look sharp? Are you an experienced carpet fitter looking to…PostedPosted 21 days ago·
Job Post Details
BenefitsPulled from the full job description
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Free parking
- On-site parking
Full job description
We are a reputable carpet & flooring company with branches across the UK.
Our stores are getting busier and to help provide the best customer service we need more experienced domestic carpet fitters to join our well-established team.
The role is centred around ensuring customers receive the best service possible by putting their needs first. You will be a highly motivated approachable person with the ability to build up a rapport with customers.
For the right candidate we offer:
· Competitive Salary
· Contributory Pension Scheme
· Paid 28 days holiday per annum
· Free On-site parking
· Opportunities to further develop skills and experience
· Employee Discount
· Team leader opportunities also available mentoring junior members of the team as part of their apprenticeship
· Company van provided
These roles are responsible for:
· Manual lifting, including the lifting of heavy items
· Measuring, cutting, rolling of carpets and floorcoverings at the warehouse.
· Reading floorplans provided
· To complete any necessary floor preparation
· To work on your own or as part of a fitting team to lay underlay, carpet, vinyl or LVT.
· Maintaining safe working practices
· Responsible for sensibly driving company vehicles.
· To undertake deliveries from warehouse.
· To comply with health and safety guidelines.
· Ensuring you are presentable, polite and tidy.
· Time record keeping.
· Complying with GDPR for customer data
In order to be successful for the Carpet Fitter you need to have the following skills:
· At least 2 years previous experience within the last 5 years as a Carpet Fitter / Floor layer role.
· Good practical skills including domestic carpets, vinyl, LVT and floor preparation
· Excellent Attention to detail
· To be physically fit to carry heavy carpet rolls
· A polite and pleasant manner for dealing with customers
· The ability to work quickly and accurately
· To be aware of health and safety issues
· Full UK driver license
· Good numeracy skills to work out measurements
Based in Derby where you will be required to collect stock daily and travel to work-based in the midlands
For this role you will be working 5 days a week with other team members within a good friendly atmosphere. We offer this role as permanent or sub-contractor role for the right candidate.
This job will require daily attendance to the warehouse which is based in Derby, Please ensure you are able to commute.
Due to high volumes of applications if we do not respond to you within 28 days for the Carpet Fitter / Floor Layer role, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this occasion, however we will keep your details on our database and contact you for any future roles.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,500.00-£35,000.00 per year
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Carpet Fitting: 2 years (required)
- Driving Licence (required)
Ability to Commute:
- Derby, Derbyshire (required)
Work Location: In person