Carpet fitting jobs in Wrexham
- North Wales HousingConwyPostedPosted 15 days ago·
- Fit safety flooring, vinyl flooring, and carpets.
- This is a field-based role working at North Wales Housing properties across North Wales, where youll be…
- RABS FLOORINGStoke-on-TrentEmployerActive 17 days ago·
- Installing carpet using specialist tools.
- Able to fit carpets to a high standard.
- Ordering materials taking into account fibres, manufacturing methods, room…
Job Post Details
BenefitsPulled from the full job description
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
Full job description
If you have experience of Carpet/Floor fitting, this is a wonderful opportunity for you to join our progressive organisation with an inclusive culture, where youll benefit from our full support to fulfil your personal development, If so, read on to uncover more about this exciting career opportunity to join our progressive organisation with an inclusive culture.
- Permanent contract, working 40 hours per week
- Agile working at North Wales Housing Properties across North Wales
- A company van for work purposes, and tools provided
- Minimum of 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Benefits platform with savings on groceries, high-street shopping, new tech, holidays etc.
- Further studies support and career development opportunities
- Annual Leave Purchase and Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee health assistance and cash plan scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Generous contributory pension scheme
Here at North Wales Housing, we make a difference to peoples lives every day. If youre committed to helping us achieve this, well make sure we make a positive difference to your life too. Lets work together to build on 50 years of providing quality homes across North Wales, investing into communities and supporting those facing homelessness.
As a Gold Standard Investors in People employer, were committed to providing an environment where our people can thrive and be proud of where they work, in a culture enabling them to fulfil their potential and feel valued for their contribution. In 2021, we became a Disability Confident employer and in 2023 listed as outstanding to work for by the Best Companies accreditation.
The Role Carpet/ Floor Fitter
This is a field-based role working at North Wales Housing properties across North Wales, where youll be responsible for providing a quality Carpet/floor fitting, maintenance and refurbishment service to both occupied and empty properties, within specific timescales in a manner that demonstrates a high regard for customer care, standard of workmanship and efficiency. This will involve:
- Flooring installation and repair tasks efficiently and to the highest standard of workmanship.
- Work on a wide variety of occupied and empty properties, ensuring minimal disruption to tenants.
- Fit safety flooring, vinyl flooring, and carpets
- Assist with the Repairs team to undertake minor works across the property portfolio
- Provide documentation to update internal systems, ensuring jobs are successfully completed and updated
- Contribute to community involvement to support a proactive repairs service (Interact with tenants and other trades) to provide excellent customer service
- Provide support and guidance to Apprentices and Trainees
Our Requirements Carpet/Floor Fitter
- A recognised qualification such as NVQ Level 2 Floorcovering Occupations and/or evidence of relevant experience
- Experience of working within the Building Maintenance Sector
- Experience of undertaking a wide range of general maintenance/building works
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic IT skills, including MS office packages.
- Full UK drivers licence
- Able to attend emergency situations outside normal working hours (on a rota basis)
- Comfortable with everyday conversations/discussion in Welsh (or a willingness to improve your Welsh language skills to the required level)
Work requires lifting and carrying and operation of hand and power tools. All equipment should be used in compliance with health and safety legislation
To view the full role profile please CLICK HERE
At North Wales Housing we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of service users. You must be willing for a basic DBS disclosure to be undertaken by our organisation.
North Wales Housing is an equal opportunities organisation who particularly welcome applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds. All Black, Asian and ethnic minority candidates, as well as disabled applicants who meet our essential criteria will be guaranteed an interview.