Catering jobs in Chard
- HC-One - St James Park2.5Bridport DT6PostedPosted 12 days ago
- And, whether you’re managing the food stock, working out how to make the most of your budget or liaising with central support teams on nutrition standards…
- NewUrgently neededThe Windwhistle InnChard TA20EmployerActive 5 days ago
- Sundays are our busiest days for our locally famous carvery and so the ideal candidate will have availability on a Sunday.
- Job Types: Full-time, Permanent.
- River Cottage3.5AxminsterTypically responds within 1 dayPostedToday
- Full time position with an average of only 2 nights a week & free parking on site.
- You will need to be able to travel to and from our rural location.
- Eyre Court HotelSeaton EX12EmployerActive 8 days ago
- Prepare and present high-quality breakfast and lunch items.
- Curate a menu of light, small plates, and tapas for evening service.
- NEW INNTaunton TA4Typically responds within 3 daysEmployerActive 3 days ago
- With an extensive amount of refurbishment, the locals bought the life back into the pub and has become one of the highest rated pubs in the area from its…
- Blackdown Garden CentreWellington TA21PostedPosted 1 day ago·
- With previous catering experience preferably, however, training will be offered.
- With a great passion for customer service and exceeding customer expectation.
- Grandir UK3.3Taunton TA1PostedPosted 30+ days ago
- Carrying out all catering activities in line with the budget.
- Ensuring any comments regarding the catering operation are noted and acted upon immediately.
- Mapperton EstateBeaminster DT8Typically responds within 1 dayEmployerActive 4 days ago
- Our new Chef / Baker will be responsible for managing the kitchen including running lunchtime food service, creating our cake counter selection, and catering…
- Johnsons Hotel Restaurant & Catering Linen by...Milborne Port DT9Hiring ongoing
- You must have the right to work in the UK..
- (flexibility is required during busy periods).
- £11.25 per hour - paid monthly (Increasing April 2024).
- Hooke Court LimitedBeaminster DT8EmployerActive 1 day ago
- Hooke Court is a residential study centre catering for visiting school groups.
- The kitchen assistant role is detailed below, and the shifts are mainly during…
- Elysium HealthcareWellington TA21PostedPosted 30+ days ago·
- Reporting to the Head Chef, you will support the chefs to prepare meals, maintain a clean and safe working environment, and assist with deliveries.
- NewFarrington Care Homes Limited2.7Lyme Regis DT7EmployerActive 5 days ago
- To apply for the role NVQ Level 2 in catering is desirable but not essential but would prefer at least 3 years experience in any catering role with a basic Food…
- Harbour HealthcareChardEmployerActive 4 days ago·
- We are in search of a ‘first class’ Cook Chef to join our team, full time, including some weekends.
- The successful candidate will have culinary and management…
- Street/GlastonburyStreet BA16EmployerActive 6 days ago
- As a current Sous or Head Chef you will need to have a passion for cooking with fresh seasonal and locally sourced ingredients and create modern British and…
- Wraxall VineyardShepton Mallet BA4Typically responds within 1 dayEmployerActive 3 days ago
- Delivering exceptional yet simple signature food, from Somerset produce, for our visitors.
- Menu planning and development of the weekly menu and for Private…
Job Post Details
BenefitsPulled from the full job description
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Referral programme
Full job description
About The Role
About The Company
We’ll provide full training, so it’s a great opportunity to learn something new. In return, you will enjoy access to a huge variety of benefits and services to support your physical and psychological well-being and throughout your career as a Head Chef we will invest in you and you will enjoy additional support and benefits including:
- Up to £750 Welcome Bonus
- Hourly rate is subject to experience and qualifications.
- Paid Enhanced DBS/PVG
- Free uniform
- During a shift of eight hours or more a nutritious meal will be available
- Company pension scheme
- 28 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Group life assurance cover
- Wagestream - financial wellbeing and flexible access to pay as you need it
- Award-winning learning and development and support to achieve qualifications.
- GP online - a service providing around the clock GP consultation via an interactive app - available to you and your children under 16
- An opportunity to learn from experienced colleagues as part of an outstanding and committed team.
- Colleague discounts – Access to over 1600 high street discounts including carefully selected discount partners.
- Wellbeing - free of charge access to an independent and confidential Employee Assistance Programme. This gives Colleagues and their family access to 24/7 365 support for a whole range of issues including physical, mental and financial issues
- Excellent recognition schemes such as ‘Kindness in Care’ and Long Service Awards
- An attractive refer a friend scheme of up to £1000 per referral, depending on the role
We are passionate about ensuring that our current and future Colleagues can be their true selves, and that our workforce represents the communities we serve. We prioritise inclusive working practices and invite applicants from all backgrounds into our HC-One family and we are committed to providing the quickest possible turnaround from the point of making you a job offer to you starting with us on day one.
HC-One are looking for a Head Chef with an S/NVQ2 in Catering & Hospitality or Professional Cookery, a minimum Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate and an understanding of Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points. Beyond that, it’s all about your brilliant, positive energy and natural ability to get along with people. You’ll be organised to meet service times, thrive on autonomy to plan and priorities and have a knack for following recipes perfectly. And, whenever you communicate with a Resident or co-worker, you’ll be truly considerate and kind.
Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility and therefore it is important that you are able to recognise the signs which may indicate possible abuse, harm or neglect in its different forms and know what to do if there are any concerns. All colleagues are required to attend safeguarding training appropriate to their role and to undertake additional training in associated areas. You also have the ability to seek appropriate advice and report concerns, including escalation if action is not taken.