Gardener jobs in Barry
- Vale of Glamorgan CouncilBarryPostedPosted 11 days ago·
- To provide caretaking duties, maintenance, and security for Old Hall, Cowbridge.
- Undertake routine compliance checks and risk assessment of the building in…
- JM SelectionCardiffEmployerActive 2 days ago·
- Other grounds maintenance jobs as required to assist the main gardener across two sites.
- We are currently recruiting for a Grounds Maintenance/Gardener to work…
- NewUrgently neededGreener Estates LtdNewportEmployerActive 2 days ago
- Grounds Maintenance Operative – Base, Newport* NP19 4ED.
- Full Time – Month Fixed Term Contract Until 31st October 2024*.
- Maintenance and or Handyman: 1 years.
- Four Seasons GardeningVale of Glamorgan
- Prime Recruitment ServicesCardiff
- ARM Complete Grounds Management & MaintenanceCardiffEmployerActive 2 days ago·
- Ideally able to work garden machinery such as hedge trimmer, mower etc., and have some knowledge of plants.
- Good time keeping and a qualification in gardening…
- Distinction Gardens LtdNewport NP19
- Llynfi constructionMaesteg
- Distinction Gardens LtdNewport NP19EmployerActive 9 days ago·
- Experience is preferable and you must have good communication skills, experience operating general garden machinery (mowers, strimmers, hedge cutters etc),…
- Digby MorganNewport
- Brean Leisure ParkBurnham-on-Sea TA8EmployerActive 2 days ago·
- Our goal is to keep all of the green spaces in a well – kept manner for the benefit of our customers and business as a whole.
- Experience of manual outdoor work.
- Pertemps Network GroupCardiffPostedPosted 12 days ago·
- The successful candidate will be supporting the Parks Services Team in carrying out a wide range or Horticultural and grounds maintenance duties.
- Outerspace Creative LandscapingNorth SomersetEmployerActive 4 days ago·
- Is enthusiastic, keen to learn and ask questions.
- Can cooperate and collaborate in a team environment.
- S Preece Garden ServicesNewport NP18EmployerActive 1 day ago·
- The duties will include maintenance on a mixture of large private and commercial sites and carrying out most aspects of hard landscaping and fencing.
Job Post Details
Full job description
Vale Courses is a fun and creative programme of leisure and wellbeing learning activities for Adults (16+) across the Vale of Glamorgan. This programme aims to be self-funding and sustainable through income from course fees. The programme offers a wide range of subjects of variable lengths and times to suit individual needs. The Old Hall building is used for these adult learning activities along with art exhibitions and pop-up shops.
About the role
To provide caretaking duties, maintenance, and security for Old Hall, Cowbridge. Undertake routine compliance checks and risk assessment of the building in accordance with Health & Safety requirements and report any problems. Routinely test fire alarm, emergency lighting and legionella testing. Read meters, control, and monitor the heating system. Setup classrooms for teaching, moving furniture and equipment. Monitor the safety and security of classroom equipment and update the inventory. General upkeep of the building to include minor repairs (e.g. carpentry/plumbing), painting and decorating. Undertake cleaning and gardening duties outside the building. Disposal of refuse and waste for recycling. Communicate with contractors on site.
You will need:
- Computer skills to record and update compliance checks
- Good general standard of DIY skills, e.g. Putting up shelves, painting and decorating, basic repairs to facilities such as doors, toilets, chairs etc.
- Basic knowledge of Health and Safety and Fire Risk Assessment
- Ability to work on own initiative. Be flexible including daytime, evenings and weekends.
- Ability to communicate and work as part of a team.
DBS Check Required: Yes Standard
For Further Information, contact: Manager Sally Perini 01446 773831
Please see attached job description / person specification for further information.
Job Reference: LS00306