Gardening jobs in Antrim
- HomebaseAntrim BT41EmployerActive 2 days ago·
- Hours: Full Time or Part Time – including regular weekends and some evening shifts.
- Offering expert advice on all things horticulture (and giving a helping hand…
- Hiring multiple candidatesBeechill Landscapes LtdBelfastPostedPosted 30 days ago
- The company specialises in providing Commercial / Grounds Maintenance and Private Garden packages.
- We are currently looking to recruit new staff to help build…
- Brackenwood Property ManagementBallyclare BT39EmployerActive 10 days ago·
- The successful candidate must have a minimum of 2 years experience in Gardening Maintenance and operating gardening machinery.
- Carmichael Gardening & Fencing ServicesBelfastPostedToday·
- Must have driving licence, private and commercial experience of hedge cutting using petrol hedge cutters, lawn mowing and strimming and weed control.
- Bladez landscaping servicesBelfastEmployerActive 3 days ago·
- Landscaping experience in: paving, driveways and fencing (especially Screeding and Laying a patio, use of a concrete saw and wacker plate).
- Brackenwood Property ManagementHybrid remote in Ballyclare BT39EmployerActive 10 days ago·
- The successful candidate must have experience in Gardening Maintenance and operating gardening machinery.
- Brackenwood Property & Estates Management are looking…
Job Post Details
Team Member Garden Centre - job post
BenefitsPulled from the full job description
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Store discount
Full job description
At Homebase, we share a passion for helping every customer create a home and this shines through in all that we do.
We all have a part to play in making Homebase such a fantastic place to work and shop and while our customers are at the heart of everything we do, we know that without our store team members we wouldn’t be here.
When you join our team, our promise to you is that as a part of the Homebase family, we will value you, we will offer you the fantastic training and most importantly we will reward your hard work!
If this sounds like a team you would like to be a part of then keep reading, because we’re recruiting now!
About the role:
Salary: National Living Wage + FANTASTIC bonus earning potential
Hours: Full Time or Part Time – including regular weekends and some evening shifts.
Day to Day:
- Giving great customer service
- Driving sales
- Offering expert advice on all things horticulture (and giving a helping hand in other departments when needed)
You will be helping to make sure our customers have a great experience and helping our stores to stay full, clean and tidy
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for someone who has a passion for all things plants to ensure we give our customers the very best advice to look after their gardens!
- You have a passion for delivering a great customer experience.
- Ideally, you have experience within a customer facing role. with a Passion for Plants
- Ability to lift heavy objects as the horti team can be heavily relied on for big moves and large projects in store.
- You work well within a team.
- You show up to work on time, well presented and bring your can do and hardworking attitude along with you.
- You are eager to learn new skills and gain new experiences.
Plant knowledge and experience is essential
Every day you’ll be speaking with and helping our customers so it’s important that you offer every person that walks through our doors the exceptional customer service they have come to expect from us. That’s why having the right attitude is our most basic requirement.
To us, having the right attitude means always demonstrating your passion and enthusiasm for home and garden and being knowledgeable about our products and stock. Of course, we don’t expect you to know everything on day one (that’s where our amazing training comes in) but we do expect you to want to learn, to work as a part of a team, to strive become as good at your job as you possibly can be and always try your hardest to offer the best customer service.
If you think you’ve got what it takes and would like to join our team as a Team Member, please click 'Apply’ now.
What can we offer you in return?
Making your pay go further
- 20% team member discount for Homebase and Bathstore when shopping in-store and online, available from your very first day with us
- We’ll give you the opportunity to enhance your pay through our fantastic, discretionary bonus plan
- Our Hapi To Be Home wellbeing portal helps you save money on everything from your weekly food shop to a fun night out with friends and family
- Holiday starting from 22 days plus bank holidays, rising with service
Saving for your future and giving back to local communities
- Homebase Personal Pension Plan (with Life Assurance cover)
- An opportunity to get involved in fundraising events, helping to raise money for our charity partner, Macmillan Cancer Support to fund home-related grants. These grants help keep those most in need safe and comfortable in their homes
- Our Payroll Giving Scheme makes it easy for you to make a regular donation to any registered charity close to your heart
Always growing together
- We'll offer you learning and development opportunities to give you the tools to do your job and there is also the opportunity to earn recognised qualifications from City and Guilds and to gain apprenticeship qualifications to enhance/develop you in your role or career with us
- Our monthly Lunch and Learn sessions will help you grow with talks from external and internal speakers
Sounds like a team you’d like to be part of? Click 'Apply’ now – we’d love to meet you!