Gardening jobs in Dewsbury
- Mirfield Garden CentreMirfieldEmployerActive 2 days ago
- Full Time – 45- Hours Per Week *.
- A knowledge of plants would be a “nice to have” but is not essential to the role, however, excellent customer service and a…
- Bayford & Co Ltd.WetherbyEmployerActive 5 days ago
- Which is why we are looking for a Grounds Assistant, who will support the Gardens and Maintenance teams in achieving, and maintaining, excellent standards of…
- Aire and Calder Landscapes LtdMirfieldPostedPosted 30+ days ago·
- Suitable applicant will be keen to learn, pay good attention to detail and be happy with hard physical work.
- Job Types: Full-time, Permanent.
- Private EstateYorkEmployerActive 2 days ago
- Prestigious private estate between York and Wetherby requires experienced and enthusiastic Gardener, to fulfil a full time and permanent position.
- Evergreen Gardens And DesignsBradfordEmployerActive 3 days ago
- As you will be working in many of our higher-end gardens you will be required to have experience working as a gardener, a basic knowledge of horticulture and…
- J Paxman Landscapes LtdHuddersfield HD5PostedPosted 2 days ago
- You want to build and plant gardens and landscapes and be part of their transformation from a plan on a drawing board to a beautifully planted garden.
- Calderdale CouncilBrighousePostedPosted 1 day ago·
- Salary Scale 4 (£24,294 FTE; Actual salary will vary depending on hours worked).
- Part-time post, 5-20 hours per week (flexible/seasonal).
- Gateway Facilities Management Ltd3.3LeedsEmployerActive 2 days ago
- You would be responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the communal areas of residential properties in the South East area, which means a full, clean…
- Stockbridge Technology Centre LtdSelbyEmployerActive 2 days ago
- Due to an increasing workload Stockbridge Technology Centre (STC) is looking for innovative individuals to join a small hard-working team carrying out and…
- Yorkshire Garden CareWakefieldEmployerActive 10 days ago·
- Operate hand tools and power tools to complete gardening tasks.
- Familiarity with hand tools and power tools, Mowers & Hedge Trimmers used in gardening.
- Novus2.7DoncasterPostedPosted 8 days ago
- As the Trainer you will be responsible for delivering high quality, learner-focused vocational training.
- You will work with groups of individuals, developing…
- WGC Landscapes LtdHarrogateEmployerActive 1 day ago
- They are looking to employ a full-time Maintenance Operative with some experience in the landscaping industry.
- All work carried out on a small and large scale.
- Flaurel and Hardy Gardening ServicesKeighley
Job Post Details
BenefitsPulled from the full job description
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
Full job description
Garden Centre Manager
Full Time – 45- Hours Per Week
At British Garden Centres, not only do we aim to deliver a great experience in our Centres, but we go above and beyond in creating an exceptional customer service experience too.
We are looking for a Garden Centre Manager to join our forward-thinking team. Working in the Garden Centre this is a high-volume environment with a fast turnaround.
The successful candidate should have proven managerial experience and be physically fit as this is a very hands-on role and some heavy lifting may be required.
A knowledge of plants would be a “nice to have” but is not essential to the role, however, excellent customer service and a high standard of visual merchandising is required as is previous retail management experience.
As a Garden Centre Manager, you will manage, lead, inspire and develop an amazing team and ensuring all customers have a great in store experience.
What we Offer:
Benefits include Staff car parking and staff discount at our Garden Centres and Restaurants as well as at our Leisure Park.
Rate of pay negotiable depending on experience.
Excellent customer service skills.
Communication and team management abilities.
Experience working in a similar role.
Experience of managing team.
Horticulture experience is beneficial.
Duties will include:
Delivering all KPI’s, costs and budgeting.
Colleague development and succession planning.
Delivering colleague engagement and training.
Ordering and stock taking.
Excellent customer service.
Plant based background is desirable, but not essential.
If you would like to join our family run business and bring your ideas and talents to our fast-growing company and forward-thinking team, we want to hear from you.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter to: Joanna Julian Regional Manager
Applications close –Tuesday 5th March 2024
Due to the high volume of applications, we will only contact you if your application is successful.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
- Management: 2 years (preferred)
- Retail management: 2 years (preferred)
- Gardening: 2 years (preferred)
- United Kingdom (required)
Ability to Relocate:
- Mirfield: Relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 05/03/2024