Investigator jobs in Edinburgh
- JPMorgan Chase & CoEdinburgh EH12PostedPosted 4 days ago·
- Promote investigations, manage escalations, scrutinize unusual financial activities and file Suspicious Activity Reports.
- Hiring multiple candidatesExamworks Investigation Services2.8United KingdomEmployerActive 2 days ago
- An exciting opportunity has arisen for individuals with experience of taking statements in a police, insurance or legal capacity to join our team here at EWIS.
- BNY MellonEdinburghPostedPosted 30+ days ago·
- BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology.
- Here’s a few of our awards:
- JPMorgan Chase & CoEdinburgh EH12PostedPosted 30+ days ago·
- Boost quality control as a Financial Crime Analyst, conducting thorough reviews and ensuring policy compliance.
- NovasyteLivingstonPostedPosted 5 days ago·
- We are seeking a Project Services Manager to join Q2 Solutions, IQVIA’s laboratory business at Livingston, UK.
- What you’ll be doing:
- What We Are Looking For:
- AldiBathgate EH48PostedPosted 30+ days ago·
- A skilled investigator/interviewer with the appropriate knowledge of criminal; civil and H&S legislation.
- As a Specialist you will champion a positive safety…
Job Post Details
Full job description
Promote investigations, manage escalations, scrutinize unusual financial activities and file Suspicious Activity Reports.
We continue to expand our consumer business in the UK and to develop our fraud/financial crime operations function in Edinburgh and so have a new role within our Financial Crime Operations team as an Investigator.
As part of the Financial Crime Operations: Investigations Team you will become multi-skilled and work across the banking functions to help us build what we aim to be an industry leading fraud operation and be integral to protecting the bank, it’s customers and the wider public from fraud/financial crime.
- Respond to and manage escalations from all Chase UK employees in regards to financial crime/fraud concerns.
- Investigate unusual activity and deciding whether a Suspicious Activity Report is required to be filed.
- File Suspicious Activity Reports when required
- Provide support to the wider company where required, attending forums/meetings to keep up to date with current financial crime intelligence/trends and support the call centre as part of the leadership team.
- Contribute to the continuous growth/improvement of The Financial Crime Operations: Investigations Team and Chase UK as a whole, especially in regards to fighting fraud/financial crime.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Knowledge of financial crime/fraud risks facing the industry
- Experience in financial crime/fraud within a banking/financial services or similar environment.
- Able to deal with complex/high risk financial crime scenarios
- Analyse, & interpret ambiguous information & data, spot & resolve problems, make risk assessed decisions
- Maintan risk based controls
- Communication skills, communicating with internal/external stakeholders, ability to write clear and concise reports
- A flexible and professional manner, taking ownership of workload, able to provide guidance to other members of the team, a desire to develop/learn new skills
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Experience of Salesforce & Investigations
- Previous experience or knowledge of operational risk, financial crime, fraud, change management and process design
- Knowledge of Financial Crime Legislation/Regulations i.e. POCA 2002
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.