Scaffolding jobs in Stevenston
- Turner Access Ltd2.1CraigtonEmployerActive 3 days ago
- Turner Access is the West of Scotland’s leading scaffolding company, providing scaffolding and access solutions at all stages of a project’s life cycle.
- Latto MaintenanceClydebankEmployerActive 11 days ago·
- Construct and assemble scaffolding structures according to blueprints and specifications.
- Install scaffolding systems safely and securely, ensuring stability…
- Taylor's Trades + LabourRutherglenEmployerActive 3 days ago·
- Taylors Trades & Labour require a Scaffolding Yard Labourer preferably with a Rough Terrain Forklift ticket, however, full training can be given to the right…
Job Post Details
BenefitsPulled from the full job description
- Company car
- Company pension
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
Full job description
Full Job Description
Turner Access is the West of Scotland’s leading scaffolding company, providing scaffolding and access solutions at all stages of a project’s life cycle. We are based in Glasgow, operating throughout the Scotland central belt and into Fife, Perth and Dundee.
Turner Access is part of the trusted Turner Group, providing scaffolding services for over 35 years. We operate to the highest safety standards and work in accordance with NASC and other industry body requirements. We have a diverse range of clients, and our scaffold contracts service includes supply and erect of system scaffolding, from initial site survey and risk assessment, design and method preparation, through to on-site assembly and dismantling.
This role is predominantly yard/office based although you may be required to travel from time to time to all our sites as necessitated by the needs of the business.
Logistics and Site Management
· Overall planning and supervision of projects whilst assisting client’s management teams.
· Reviewing project plans with clients and ensuring the company’s plan of work fits to the project and variations.
· Taking overall ownership of decision-making for the company’s site issues relating to labour, material, management and disputes.
· Ensuring supervisors are organising the effective movement of operatives from site to site as required by clients and with site support managers.
· Control of company’s materials at client sites, ensuring surplus materials are held safely or returned to the yard.
· Attending site meetings with contractors and sub-contractors and appropriately representing Turner Access while collaboratively working with other contractors to ensure the clients’ project is completed as required.
· Ensuring all scaffolding works are carried out under Health and Safety guidelines, and liaising with the scaffold supervisor team as necessary who are responsible for ensuring Turner Access standards and industry standards and guidelines are always adhered to.
· Promoting a ‘work safe’ home safe’ culture and committing to keep all employees and each other safe.
· Ensuring site accidents are fully reported to Turner Access and the client, with all documentation appropriately completed.
· Ensuring all risk assessments and site methods are adhered to at all times.
Relationship Management& Business Development
· Identifying business development and new tender opportunities with MD.
· Develop Turner Access relationships with existing and potential clients at all levels of their companies.
· Ensuring toolbox talks are regularly carried out and are relevant to the company/operatives, and ensuring all training is properly recorded.
· With training department, identifying training and development opportunities for key operative staff in support of the advancement of their careers.
· Managing all recruitment of scaffolders according to Turner Access policies.
· With training department, promote health and well being among all employees.
Leadership and Development
· Lead and inspire supervisors and scaffolding operatives to embrace the Turner Access vision and growth plans, modelling the company’s values at all times.
· Empowering others and supporting them to grow and develop in their roles and careers.
· Carrying out regular personal development plans for all supervisors and scaffolding operatives.
Absence and Sickness Management
· With the HR department, to maintain an effective absence framework to support employees’ health while providing clear and consistent guidance to avoid unauthorised absence or inappropriate use of sick pay schemes.
Disciplinary and Grievances
· With the HR department, addressing disciplinary and grievance procedures in the correct way from a legal perspective and doing so from an ethical and people focused perspective. Enabling a principles- led approach to grievance, discipline, and dismissals to be confidently implemented.
Business and Financial Management
· Ensuring projects are completed on a timely basis and within Turner Access pre-set budget.
· Assisting MD and Commercial Manager with monthly applications for payments, month end reconciliations, costing/margin reports and end of project reconciliation.
· Ensuring scaffold request forms are properly completed each month so that they easily feed into month end applications processes.
· Liaising with and maintaining a good working relationship with clients, surveyors, other sub-contractor project managers as necessary to price variations/adaptions and discussing monthly applications for payment and end of project month.
· Supporting the supervisors with preparing wages schedules each week for operatives.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
· Suitable construction industry or professional qualification- Black CSCS Card, SMSTS
· Knowledge of the TG2021 and working knowledge of scaffolding design.
· Significant experience working on small- and large-scale construction projects.
· Strong knowledge of working within the scaffolding sector.
· An advocate for excellence in all aspects of Health Safety constructions practices, and ‘leading from the front’ with scaffolding practices, always wearing full PPE on site.
· Excellent people management skills, ensuring supervisors and scaffolding operatives work productively on projects helping to achieve the company’s budget targets for the project.
· Strong computer skills including Outlook 365, word, excel and Turner access scaffolding software.
· A willingness to learn new skills and tasks and share that knowledge with others in the team.
· Enthusiastic and friendly team player.
· A natural leader and people’s person.
· Kind and respectful of others.
· Company Car (after successful completing of 6-month probation period)
· Pension Scheme
· Bonus scheme
· Generous holiday entitlement
Further Information About the Role
Please be aware that this advertisement for this job role vacancy may not encompass all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the role described. It is subject to potential amendments at the sole discretion of Turner Access.
Turner Access is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitable qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender, reassignment, religion or belief, martial status, or pregnancy or maternity.
We would like you to perform at your best at every stage or our recruitment process. Please contact us if you require any reasonable adjustments to complete your application.
Candidate Privacy Notice
As part of our recruitment process of all roles, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants and potential applicants. We explain how we use personal information in the Job Applicant privacy notice. To view our Job Applicant privacy notice please visit the Turner Access website>Careers>Job Applicant Privacy Notice
To apply for the role of Operations Manager, please send your CV and a cover letter to our HR Department Recruitment Team at Linda.Stewart@turner-access.co.uk
Job Type: Full-time
- Company car
- Company pension
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus scheme
- Driving Licence (required)
Ability to Commute:
- Craigton Road, G51 3EQ (required)
Ability to Relocate:
- Craigton Road, G51 3EQ: Relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 22/03/2024