Solar Energy jobs in Ash
- NewBe an early applicantNatural England3.6EnglandEmployerActive 5 days ago
- Infrastructure Sector leads Senior Advisor - (Ref 5714 ).
- Apply before 11:55 pm on Friday 1st March 2024.
- Working pattern: Full-time, Job share, Part-time.
- Max Energy Ltd3.4AshfordEmployerActive 2 days ago
- Established in 2015 we are a team of highly experienced professionals with 15-35 years’ experience in the insulation and solar PV industry.
- CorEnergy LtdSouth East RegionEmployerActive 2 days ago
- An understanding of commercial-scale solar PV systems.
- An understanding of the installation of “domestic” solar PV systems.
- Job Types: Full-time, Permanent.
- Natural England3.6EnglandEmployerActive 5 days ago
- They cover a wide range of proposals, from wind farms and solar energy to water resources, ports, airports and major new road and rail schemes.
- jvempireSouth East RegionEmployerActive 2 days ago
- Join us in the pursuit of solar innovation and help shape the future of renewable energy.
- Self-employed consultants may only sell solar and battery exclusively…
- Smart Foam Ltd T/A Home Smart EnergySouth East RegionEmployerActive 2 days ago
- The ideal candidates will have experience in both direct sales and the renewable energy /insulation market.
- Since 2015 Homesmart Energy have installed thousands…
- D R NewittCanterbury
- D R NewittCanterburyEmployerActive 12 days ago·
- I am very happy to work with an incredible well established renewable energy business with a keen focus on Solar and EV.
- Apply ASAP for more details.
- Top ClosersCanterbury CT1
- HR GO RecruitmentCanterburyPostedPosted 30+ days ago·
- The ideal candidate will have extensive experience installing and commissioning solar photovoltaic installations.
- Stringing and Installation of Solar modules.
- Warmer Energy Solutions LtdUnited KingdomEmployerActive 23 days ago
- Opportunity to grow with us in the renewable energy sector.
- Our goal is to offer a bespoke solution to every customer, making their property energy efficient…
- HR GO RecruitmentCanterburyPostedPosted 22 days ago·
- The ideal candidate will have extensive experience installing and commissioning solar photovoltaic systems.
- HRGO are currently recruiting for a Project Manager…
Job Post Details
BenefitsPulled from the full job description
- Company pension
Full job description
Infrastructure Sector leads Senior Advisor - (Ref 5714 )
Apply before 11:55 pm on Friday 1st March 2024
A Civil Service Pension with an average employer contribution of 27%
Contract type: Permanent
Working pattern: Full-time, Job share, Part-time
About the job
Do you have a passion for nature and the environment? Do you want to make a real difference and secure significant environmental gains in the present and the future? Do you enjoy working in a team? Can you see yourself advising communities and customers to maximise gains for the Natural Environment?
If this appeals to you, a career at Natural England offers rewarding opportunities to secure environmental improvements and play your part in creating a better future for people and nature.
The priority work Natural England is delivering includes:
· Establishing a Nature Recovery Network to help wildlife thrive
· Monitoring environmental changes to identify and help reduce the effects of climate change
· Working with farmers and landowners to develop greener food production methods
· Advising on plans for new developments to maximise gains for nature, and
· Providing ways for people to better connect with nature, including green social prescribing.
· We are the Government’s Adviser for the natural environment, playing a vital role in delivering the Government’s 25 Year Environment Plan, an ambitious vision which brings new opportunities to protect and enhance and to achieve real outcomes for the environment.
Find out more about the work of Natural England at www.gov.uk/government/organisations/natural-england
The Planning and Infrastructure Team forms part of the Sustainable Development Team, located within Strategy and Government Advice, in the Strategy Directorate of Natural England.
The Team works across the terrestrial and marine environment to:
· Advise Government on national policy issues, contributing to the development of planning policy, guidance and process changes and responding to national consultations.
· Provide strategic technical advice and leadership to our programme and operations teams and develop new approaches to planning and infrastructure work
· Develop and maintain relationships with key national partners including Government, other regulators and agencies, NGOs and the commercial sector.
· This presents a unique opportunity to influence government policy to secure greater outcomes for the natural environment, whilst also playing a key role in both supporting and shaping Natural England’s Planning and Infrastructure work.
We are looking for Senior Advisers to join our team and work alongside our Infrastructure Principal Advisers and the wider SGA Planning and Infrastructure Team to provide the leadership and technical focus to drive forward Natural England’s ambitions for the natural environment. This will be delivered through our policy advice and by helping to shape the way in which we deliver our statutory advice on major infrastructure work.
You will play a key role in shaping Natural England’s response at a critical time with fundamental changes proposed to the planning, infrastructure planning and environmental assessment regimes under the Levelling Up and Regeneration Bill, British Energy Security Strategy and related reforms.
A key focus of these roles will be interacting with key industry bodies and partner organisations. You will work proactively to build an understanding of the aims, objectives and challenges of industry and partners. Collaborative work both internally and externally will be required to identify and maximise opportunities to improve our evidence base and knowledge, driving forwards solutions which help further the ambitions of the government’s Environmental Improvement Plan.
You will provide national leadership and technical advice for your core topic area to ensure consistency of advice both within and across sectors, through the development and provision of training, guidance and leading technical networks.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities
The post holder(s) will need to maintain a flexible and adaptable attitude and approach. Initial broad work areas are likely to comprise those described below:
Act as sector lead on specific terrestrial infrastructure sector(s). For Example:
· Carbon and Hydrogen (generation, transmission, and storage).
· Renewable Energy (Solar/Onshore Wind)
· Nuclear Energy
· Energy & Water Transmission Networks
We are working in a changing and evolving policy environment with the likelihood of more hybrid types of developments. Exact details will be determined based on the emerging infrastructure pipeline and the skills and interest of the candidates. Successful candidates will need to be flexible and willing to adapt in response to the changing demands on the team.
· Lead specified work areas, working closely with staff across Natural England’s teams on infrastructure and planning advice to ensure that our proposals for change are well thought through and address both risks and opportunities for the natural environment.
· Provide technical advice to Defra, Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities (DLUHC), the Department for Energy Security and Net Zero (DESNZ) and the Department for Transport (DfT) to support NE’s response to the Levelling Up Bill and related secondary legislation, policy and guidance including responses to national consultations.
· Build effective relationships with Defra, DLUHC, DfT and other Government Department colleagues alongside key infrastructure stakeholders, developers and industry groups
· Provide technical infrastructure planning advice to operations teams on casework including environmental assessment processes and strategic approaches as required.
· Act as the relationship manager for key planning and infrastructure stakeholders as required.
· Lead/contribute to technical guidance, briefings and, training on infrastructure and planning.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £36,098.00 per year
- Company pension
Work Location: In person
Reference ID: 5714