Web Design jobs in Wooler
- IDOX plc3.6Remote in United KingdomEmployerActive 3 days ago
- NET web developer having worked on and completed various projects over the past 5 years.
- You will typically have created your own front-end applications, and…
- Lorien2.7Remote in EnglandPostedPosted 5 days ago
- Government Digital Services framework and service design standards.
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Microservices , web services, including JSON and XML.
Job Post Details
Senior .NET Web Developer - job post
BenefitsPulled from the full job description
- Life insurance
- Referral programme
- Relocation assistance
Full job description
Full-stack Web and Geospatial Developer
About the role
Exegesis Spatial Data Management is an environmental software team working within IDOX PLC. We have an impressive portfolio of geospatial and data-driven applications used in the environmental and conservation sector.
We are currently a team of around 26 developers and GIS/product consultants. In the last few months alone, we have been working on dozens of interesting projects for clients including Natural England, National Trust, Defra, Historic England, many local authorities, Scottish Wildlife Trust and the Church of England.
Our solutions typically use Microsoft cross-platform technologies, plus a range of other open-source libraries and tools, and enterprise-level storage solutions including SQL Server and PostgreSQL. We deploy applications on prem, in our own cloud hosting infrastructure and on Azure.
Why might you want to work with us?
- We have great clients doing great work for wildlife, conservation and communities. We enjoy building tools to help them, and they seem to like what we do
- We work on an agile basis; we are always advancing our approach to build better products and have happier teams
- You will have the opportunity to refine your role around your own strengths and interests; if you want to meet clients, design, code and deliver all aspects end-to-end, then we will have exciting projects for you. Or, if you prefer to code with the door firmly shut, that’s fine too
- We are a remote-working team but based in a National Park - a great location if you value countryside, outdoor activities and avoiding life-wasting commutes
- We work directly with our clients typically in small teams of 2-4 developers, consultants and project managers. So, expect to use your drive, creativity, efficiency and also sheer hard work.
Who are we looking for?
We need more developers (web mainly, but desktop and/or mobile experience is also useful). We would like to work with people who are:
- Passionate and enthusiastic about software development and technology in general
You enjoy coding. You love working out how to solve a problem with an elegant solution. You read techie blogs, may attend user groups and time allowing, you may well have personal side projects
- Smart and typically enjoy learning new things You probably* have a good academic background, you may well have evolved to become an IT professional from another discipline and could probably work out the Rubik’s cube solution algorithms – if you had to
*We also have great developers that have found non-academic routes into the profession
- Positive and problem solving
Well, that’s the core of application development so not only does you take pride in finding solutions, but you are also sufficiently self-aware to know when to ask for help
- Self-motivated, organised and disciplined
Once you understand what is being asked of you and are satisfied that resource estimates are realistic, then you are happy to make the personal commitment to deliver and to manage your time and environment to come good on that commitment
- A life-long learner
You are always trying to do better. You understand the benefits of self and peer review and like to be working in teams that are also looking for ways to improve. More specifically, you need to have strong experience with several of the topics below (but not necessarily all):
- Web development in ASP.MVC and ASP.NET Core
You will typically be an experienced .NET web developer having worked on and completed various projects over the past 5 years. You will have a portfolio of projects and systems you have worked on in this time
- C# / VB .NET server-side experience
You are comfortable working in a server-side environment and are happy to get into the details with IIS, deployments, working with different Continuous Integration systems, etc
You will typically have created your own front-end applications, and worked on larger systems, where you have had used different web libraries and technologies over the past 5 years
- Relational databases
You will have worked directly with various relational databases such as SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle, etc and be comfortable writing a range of SQL queries.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Work within the existing Exegesis development team on new and current projects and products
- Use your existing skills and experience on these projects, adding new features and functionality, fixing bugs and issues, providing expertise in your areas such as code design and review/TDD/DevOps, etc
- Over the first 12 months, identify appropriate projects for you to start to lead the development work on and become the main developer for those areas
- Provide support to the Exegesis consultant team members with troubleshooting and technical advice on existing products as required.
Additional desired skills
- SQL Server and/or PostgreSQL
- Mobile app development using Xamarin and Cordova
- Geospatial applications (e.g. QGIS, ArcGIS, OpenLayers, MapServer, GeoServer)
- TDD and Unit testing
- DevOps, CI
- Automated testing
- .NET WebForms and WPF
- MS Office and Access
- An interest in heritage, conservation and environmental issues.
We would like to hear from you if you are interested in working with us. If so, please send us a CV and a portfolio of previous projects you have worked on, links to any live apps/GitHub repo’s/etc you may be part of and any personal side-projects you would like to highlight.
Our specialist software solutions power the performance of government and industry, driving productivity and a better experience for everyone. Built around the user and designed in collaboration with experts who have worked through every detail of every process from end-to-end, our hard-working process engines deliver exceptional functionality and embed workflows that drive efficiency and best practice with a long-term focus for regulated environments.
Through the automation of tasks, the simplification of complex operations, finding scalability as operations evolve, and more effective management of information, we help our customers harness the power of Digital, so they can do more.
We employ around 600 staff in the UK and worldwide, including Europe, North America and Asia, so some travel to meet colleagues may be required.
Expected start date: 14/02/2024
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £50,000.00 per year
- Life insurance
- Referral programme
- Relocation assistance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Commute:
- United Kingdom (required)
Ability to Relocate:
- United Kingdom: Relocate before starting work (required)
Expected start date: 05/03/2024