By Indeed Editorial Team
Updated 10 June 2022 | Published 20 May 2021
Updated 10 June 2022
Published 20 May 2021
The Indeed Editorial Team comprises a diverse and talented team of writers, researchers and subject matter experts equipped with Indeed's data and insights to deliver useful tips to help guide your career journey.
A client-side script refers to a programming language the carries out its tasks entirely on the machine of the client and doesn't need to interact with the server to work. For example, if you have a web page that loads on your device and your ISP loses its connection, you'll still be able to interact with the web pages that are already loaded on your device's browser. However, you'll not be able to access any data or navigate new web pages located remotely.
UX designer: UX designers research how people experience a website and create plans for improving site functions from the perspective of the website's users.
Other programming languages
What is an API?
Sending and receiving messages
Interacting with website visitors
Storing information through caches
Responding to typing
Removing, changing or adding HTML content on a page
Reacting to mouse clicks or movements
You can combine these actions to create highly interactive webpages that focus on user experience. They also create a record of user errors and server issues that programmers use to make improvements to the code.
Fast processing: Changes to the code are completed almost immediately after the user performs an action.
1. Think about going to school
Although most companies hiring developers or programmers will care more about your skills or abilities than your grades or the college or university you went to, it can help to have a university degree to point to. You'll learn more efficiently at university than if you teach yourself, all while getting experience guidance from your professors. There are often grants and scholarships available to those who plan to earn a degree in this field.
2. Learn from online courses
3. Learn HTML and CSS
4. Join a study group
Explore more articles
- What is rolling wave planning? (Definition and benefits)
- How to use a VPN (with VPN definition and benefits)
- What is a cycle count? (Plus useful methods and examples)
- Type A vs Type B personality traits and jobs to suit them
- 36 inspirational quotes on work happiness for productivity
- How to grow a business in 15 actionable steps: your guide
- Performance management importance: how to review employees
- What is an economic recession (including signs and causes)?
- What is an engagement letter? (Plus purpose and benefits)
- What is psychological pricing? (With 10 strategies)
- 20 types of marketing for effective and profitable campaigns
- How to measure manager performance effectively in 8 steps