0800 Repair
Happiness score is 51 out of 100

0800 Repair Employee Reviews

engineercolleaguestaffyearlongteamservicebusiness

Lack of pay,over worked, seen as a number

Unorganised to say the least, travel time all over, no care for engineers, lack of communication, long hours no incentive, work life balance terrible

Straight forward

There's not many benefits but the salaries ok but don't expect a pay rise, the works varied and your pretty much left alone. If you want to work weekends you can. We install on behalf of BG so the work can be involved as the jobs are obviously jobs there engineers wouldn't do.

Pros

No weekends unless you want

Cons

No payrises even after 3 years

Insights into 0800 Repair

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energising work tasks
  • Time and location flexibility

Plenty of learning experience

Good place to work plenty of support, support engineersto call if you get stuck. Long hours at times wages are okay. Plenty of overtime if you need to earn extra

Stressful price work

Always waiting on other trades and materials with badly run management. You never got an on site survey so you never knew what you were walking into. All materials had to be passed from Stockton so you could be waiting at the supplier for hours on price per job with no travelling time

Pros

Van

Cons

Good

Good job has its ups and down but overall ok. Average 11 jobs a day which is a bit much to be honest but I manage well. Start early, finish early. No real room for progression.

Totally Unorganised

Houghton le Spring area for 0800 repair sales department has to be the worst job I’ve ever been at. Totally unorganised and helpless. Training from team leader was so pathetic that they blame others for not getting things perfect. How the manager has her job with the high turn over of staff is beyond me, one out and someone else in, in a heartbeat. No compassion whatsoever if you have a problem.

Great place

This is a great place to work. Treated really well and alot of opportunity for building experience. From the phones to management everybody is Great..

Poor Unprofessional

Unfriendly. Get 2 weeks training and expected to know all of it. Promise of 2 screens to work from home, end up with tiny laptop. Ask for screens and told if u want screens u have to work in the office. Don't ask questions about work methods or you'll get finished!!

Absolute rubbish place to work they do not take care of employees and expect you to work 50 hour weeks

Not a very good company, they do not take care of there employees and you are expected to do jobs that require two people by yourself, management is very lazy and not there to help or progress you.

I don't know what experience these other people are having but I've been at this company for over 10 years and I've never been happier. The office is a fun environment and the management are helpful and supportive. The company cares about people (celebrating Mental Health Week, Pride Month, International Women's Day), and I've progressed from Service Desk Technician to Service Desk Manager so I'm not just speaking as a manager but as an advisor as well. Yes the office is sometimes a little cold when you sit directly under the air con but that's easily rectified by TURNING IT OFF. And yes it can be a little stressful with the call volumes (I take calls too, I'm not just sat leaving my team to take the brunt of them), especially around Christmas, but it's a great challenge and provides excellent experience to progress.

Terribly run shambles

If you could think of the worst place to work ever, then times it by 100 and you will get the idea. Just sent out working at people's houses with no idea whats going on and no support except being told to finish jobs no matter how long it takes for little money

Well paidGreat supervisors Just get your job done and they are happy All price work so you can earn good money Brand new van. Constant work through out year

Pros

Price work

Cons

None really

Fast paced and interesting

I enjoyed working for 0800 repair as a purchasing assistant, the days went over really quickly and the team were very friendly and always happy to help.

Cons

Pay is not much above minimum

good company to work for Been a while since I was there

Decent company to work for All staff pitch in together , Phone's all day can be stressful ,you are acting as a 3rd party for a lot of other companies

Pros

Not many

Cons

It is what it is, One 30 minute break a day not enough IMO

very stressfull

Definitely the worst call centre I have ever worked for, most stressful environment ever continuously hammered with calls given no time after to note and finish everything after the call. Not allowed to go to the toilet in the first and last hour of the shift. Toxic environment if you aren't involved in the cliques. Wouldn't recommend applying at all for the call centre. Poor management as all the good managers get fed up and leave as well. Really bad pay as well for everything you have to put up with.

Pros

going to have to say none

Cons

stressful poor management bad pay cliquey

Awful work environment and no space to move up in career.

The only thing that got me through working here was the people I worked with, but a lot of the time you had to sit in silence and not talk at all. The work was tedious, the management was toxic, all in all, a bad environment.

Not bad company to work for but can be really stressful

Can be long days and training is pretty poor. But help is usually on hand if needed. No drive to do better but bonus can be earn if you are given/ live in a good area and can complete lots of jobs a day.

Pros

Basically left alone to get on with your day

Cons

Home life balance, bonus structure

No flexibility.

No flexibility. Poor pay. Bad hours. Lack of fairness across the teams. Poor management style. No strong leadership. Cliquey environment. No ownership of tasks. Zero benefits or any sort of pay enhancements. No advancement.

Pros

Other good people on the team

Cons

Terrible pay for what is expected.

Excellent place to work

Great place to work with a very friendly team environment and fun atmosphere. Your work day is very busy but enjoyable. Team managers value your work/input and are extremely supportive.Company directors very hands on with the day to day running of the business and after a few weeks you will know them on first name terms. Predominantly 9am-5.30am shifts which provide a great work\life balance. There's some great relationships built between Engineers and office staff which makes for a good catch up when they pop in now and then to say hello.

Pros

Team environment, Always sweet treats, Work/life balance

Cons

Busy work day however makes your day fly over!

Job

No wonder it has such a high turn over. Avoid like the coronavirus . At interview stage they sell you it as a perfectly family run business however it is possibly the worst call centre known . You’ve got to wait to be allowed to go to the toilet & once your their your getting monitored and timed (only if your not in the click) however if you are that’s ok you can have a 12 minute toilet break 3 times an hour.

Pros

Only dealt with this for 37.5 hours a week

Cons

Poor management

Do not work here !!!!!

I was given 1 hr training and they expect you to just to be able to do the job, no training guides in place and when you ask a question it’s as though you are thick. Very very clicky, if your face dosn’t fit then you have no hope management very unprofessional and childish at times.Do not go to work there. Hours are bloody stupid 9-5.30 no flexibility. Poor pay for what your expected to do.

Pros

Cons

Long hours 9-5.30 no flexability

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 0800 Repair. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement