0800 Repair
Happiness score is 51 out of 100

0800 Repair Employee Reviews in Houghton le Spring

Houghton le Spring22 reviews

engineercolleaguestaffyearlongteamservicebusiness

Awful work environment and no space to move up in career.

The only thing that got me through working here was the people I worked with, but a lot of the time you had to sit in silence and not talk at all. The work was tedious, the management was toxic, all in all, a bad environment.

Totally Unorganised

Houghton le Spring area for 0800 repair sales department has to be the worst job I’ve ever been at. Totally unorganised and helpless. Training from team leader was so pathetic that they blame others for not getting things perfect. How the manager has her job with the high turn over of staff is beyond me, one out and someone else in, in a heartbeat. No compassion whatsoever if you have a problem.

Insights into 0800 Repair

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energising work tasks
  • Time and location flexibility

Poor Unprofessional

Unfriendly. Get 2 weeks training and expected to know all of it. Promise of 2 screens to work from home, end up with tiny laptop. Ask for screens and told if u want screens u have to work in the office. Don't ask questions about work methods or you'll get finished!!

good company to work for Been a while since I was there

Decent company to work for All staff pitch in together , Phone's all day can be stressful ,you are acting as a 3rd party for a lot of other companies

Pros

Not many

Cons

It is what it is, One 30 minute break a day not enough IMO

very stressfull

Definitely the worst call centre I have ever worked for, most stressful environment ever continuously hammered with calls given no time after to note and finish everything after the call. Not allowed to go to the toilet in the first and last hour of the shift. Toxic environment if you aren't involved in the cliques. Wouldn't recommend applying at all for the call centre. Poor management as all the good managers get fed up and leave as well. Really bad pay as well for everything you have to put up with.

Pros

going to have to say none

Cons

stressful poor management bad pay cliquey

Excellent place to work

Great place to work with a very friendly team environment and fun atmosphere. Your work day is very busy but enjoyable. Team managers value your work/input and are extremely supportive.Company directors very hands on with the day to day running of the business and after a few weeks you will know them on first name terms. Predominantly 9am-5.30am shifts which provide a great work\life balance. There's some great relationships built between Engineers and office staff which makes for a good catch up when they pop in now and then to say hello.

Pros

Team environment, Always sweet treats, Work/life balance

Cons

Busy work day however makes your day fly over!

Job

No wonder it has such a high turn over. Avoid like the coronavirus . At interview stage they sell you it as a perfectly family run business however it is possibly the worst call centre known . You’ve got to wait to be allowed to go to the toilet & once your their your getting monitored and timed (only if your not in the click) however if you are that’s ok you can have a 12 minute toilet break 3 times an hour.

Pros

Only dealt with this for 37.5 hours a week

Cons

Poor management

Worst Company

This company is awful they sell you a dream during recruitment and make out its not a call centre when it is just that but worse. I recieved little to no training and rather than developed i was criticised by the so called trainer. You are like a child not allowed to go to the toilet unless there were no calls waiting. Cant take holidays when you want and they dont honour holidays they cancel them last minute and say things like 'well its a pandemic its not like your doing anything' Absolutley awful im furious just writing the review. Please take my advice and avoid you will regret it and i will see you on here a week after you start when you are struggling to cope.

Pros

nothing

Cons

Not allowed holidays, toilet breaks and pressure to take over 200 calls a day

Challenging but rewarding workplace

Good company to work for. Very fair and approachable management. Lots of overtime on offer. Private use of van allowed. Long days sometimes but rewarding. Highly recommended a job with 0800 repair

Pros

Private use of van allowed, lots of ivertime available

Cons

Long days in winter.

Best place I have worked

I have worked for 0800 for a year and a half and in that time I have worked in two separate parts of the business under 2 really great managers, in an environment that is both stressful and rewarding, if you are looking for a place to work where you can slack off it definitely isn't for you but if you want to work at a place where you have fun whilst you work hard then its definitely the company for you. The higher ups are down to Earth and friendly, and within a few weeks they will know you by name. They were as supportive as they could be during lock down helping as many as possible work from home or be furloughed to make sure they didn't lose their jobs. Overall its one of the most enjoyable working experiences I have had, or technically am still having

Pros

Good atmosphere, chance for progression, friendly atmosphere

Cons

Wage isn't amazing for the role

Worst place ive ever worked

This is the worst company I have ever worked for. This place is soo dated with equipment and facilities. Training is none existent but you are expected to know everything and if you ask for help from anyone you are looked at like your stupid. If your not in the “click” then your not welcome. Never worked in a more two faced environment. Managers and “Team experts” Slag each other off ridiculous amounts, but then run back to each other to stab you in the back! No one is ever willing to help you with anything. There is no structure everyone learns different ways and regardless which way you do your job your told it’s wrong. Your made to feel uncomfortable and looked down on. Can’t go to the toilet if one other person is there. Too much pressure is placed on the staff. They wonder why the turn over of staff is high? Place is a joke.

Great People

Great people in a nice environment. Pay could be better but this is something you are aware of when taking role. Great shift pattern compared to other contact centres I have worked in with minimal lates and weekends. Predominantly 9-5's giving a good work\life balance.

Pros

great colleagues and relaxed atmosphere for a contact centre

Cons

Customer's can be challenging at times but most are ok.

Boring

I worked within the back office department. Benefit 9-5 Monday to Friday. I enjoyed speaking with third parties and building rapport but no chance of support from your manager. One to one lasted 5 minutes. No progression or even a thank you. Minimum wage. Nasty lazy staff members. If your face didn’t fit you were bullied. Managers all have their click So don’t expect promotion!!

Fun workplace

The company itself isn't to professional, poor management , probably why it's such a fun environment. Not really a life changing experience but its something I know I wouldn't like to be apart of again.

Dont go here

Look at the comments in July and August of this year from previous reviews. They say it all. Equipment is dated, chairs are ridiculous, training is a couple of hours if you are lucky. Definitely a them and us regarding agency staff. Don't touch this company with a barge pole!!!!

Disorganised and chaotic

Avoid ! No wonder they have such a high staff turnaround ! Disgraceful company ! Rude miserable staff who don’t speak ! Managers who don’t speak ! Never know a place like it ! Bad management ! Haven’t got a clue how to do things right ! Terrible customer service ! Utter chaos! A monkey could run the place better

Worst company I’ve ever worked for

The assistant office manager is rude, patronising and vile. She believes she is above everyone although is just a bully which has resulted in a lot of people not enjoying her company. Job is fast paced which is good although management give you no recognition and are only happy to discuss team failings. Too much pressure is put on teams to hit unrealistic targets and staff turn over is diabolical. Company pay is messed around a lot and this is evident when the majority of the building is affected.

Pros

Colleagues

Cons

Management, pay

Hahahaha vile

Literally laughing me back off writing this , absolute clip of a company. Would much rather work in a sewer than this hellfest , management are the worst and the colleagues you’re teamed with are absolute sweaty tramps , DO NOT go for a job here unless you physically hate your well being and health

productive and fun work place

0800 is a fun place to work, the people who work at the company are very friendly and kind. A lot of people do try and help when needed and are very dedicated to the company

Pros

free lunches

Cons

Very poor management. Only interested in keeping agency staff circulating

I was took on under a recruitment agency for a 12 week period. The job was quite different to what was described. What people have said about it being very fast paced, stressful and unrewarding are all true. The training is exceptionally minimal and very inconsistent. I was often shown different ways of doing the same things depending on who you sat next to. It was a small team of 5 and the phones never, ever stop ringing. Because of this, it was often difficult to get assistance as everyone is always too busy. Management are quite unfriendly and unapproachable. You get 20 seconds of free time after a call before your next one can come through and you must answer it or it is logged on your records that you failed to take a call. This means there is no time to deal with customers queries until the phone calls die down and you end up with a massive stack of backlogged tasks and you have to try and remember back what each one was, sometimes totalling a few hours back. Other admin tasks are given out while you are juggling the calls and you are expected to complete these daily. Quite a lot of calls are angry complaints and there is not much assistance in helping you deal with these. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind a challenging and varied role and this certainly was that. I was told by my team members that they have had many staff members come and go on the team in a short space of time, and given how difficult the role is and how much you are expected to learn, I totally understand why. However, I have been in admin/ customer service for over 25 years and I picked up the -

Pros

Great team. Varied and interesting work for people like me who like a challenge.

Cons

No breaks, Rude and unpleasant senior management, Long hours, Little pay, Very stressful, Unrealistic expectations, Won't get kept on if agency staff.

Love the people and the culture

I've worked for 0800 Repair for a number of years in the Appliance Repair division. The business and all the staff really want to give a great service to customers and work hard to ensure they do. There is a great team environment between Engineers and office staff which makes for a really good environment

Pros

Team work, Fast Paced, every day is different

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 0800 Repair. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement