0800 Repair

Customer Service Representative16 reviews
United Kingdom16 reviews

engineercolleaguestaffyearlongteamservicebusiness

Good Company - Difficult Customers

A typical day - You will be taking calls from customers for different products to the very beginning of your shift to after your shift finishes (depending on a shift rota - You may work some weekends). When you start, you will find that training average will be of around 3-5 days (on average) depending on your own skill level. You will also be added new clients as time progresses aswell There is good opportunity to progress from Adviser to Supervisor to Manager. The Management are very good and work hard, the business does also encourage Apprentices and a lot of people working in their first jobs e.g after leaving College/School to join the company so is a great starting point for someone. The hardest part of the job is without a doubt the customers, you will need to be thick skinned because the service provided is repairing (nationally) broken down Whitegoods/Browngoods items, so the customers in the initial contact are logging dissatisfaction that an item is being repaired thus don't tend to be happy. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely the people who work there.

Pros

Good Chance of progression up to Manager Level

Cons

Not Much downtime between calls

very stressfull

Definitely the worst call centre I have ever worked for, most stressful environment ever continuously hammered with calls given no time after to note and finish everything after the call. Not allowed to go to the toilet in the first and last hour of the shift. Toxic environment if you aren't involved in the cliques. Wouldn't recommend applying at all for the call centre. Poor management as all the good managers get fed up and leave as well. Really bad pay as well for everything you have to put up with.

Pros

going to have to say none

Cons

stressful poor management bad pay cliquey

Insights into 0800 Repair

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energising work tasks
  • Time and location flexibility

No flexibility.

No flexibility. Poor pay. Bad hours. Lack of fairness across the teams. Poor management style. No strong leadership. Cliquey environment. No ownership of tasks. Zero benefits or any sort of pay enhancements. No advancement.

Pros

Other good people on the team

Cons

Terrible pay for what is expected.

Worst Company

This company is awful they sell you a dream during recruitment and make out its not a call centre when it is just that but worse. I recieved little to no training and rather than developed i was criticised by the so called trainer. You are like a child not allowed to go to the toilet unless there were no calls waiting. Cant take holidays when you want and they dont honour holidays they cancel them last minute and say things like 'well its a pandemic its not like your doing anything' Absolutley awful im furious just writing the review. Please take my advice and avoid you will regret it and i will see you on here a week after you start when you are struggling to cope.

Pros

nothing

Cons

Not allowed holidays, toilet breaks and pressure to take over 200 calls a day

Worst place ive ever worked

This is the worst company I have ever worked for. This place is soo dated with equipment and facilities. Training is none existent but you are expected to know everything and if you ask for help from anyone you are looked at like your stupid. If your not in the “click” then your not welcome. Never worked in a more two faced environment. Managers and “Team experts” Slag each other off ridiculous amounts, but then run back to each other to stab you in the back! No one is ever willing to help you with anything. There is no structure everyone learns different ways and regardless which way you do your job your told it’s wrong. Your made to feel uncomfortable and looked down on. Can’t go to the toilet if one other person is there. Too much pressure is placed on the staff. They wonder why the turn over of staff is high? Place is a joke.

Fun workplace

The company itself isn't to professional, poor management , probably why it's such a fun environment. Not really a life changing experience but its something I know I wouldn't like to be apart of again.

Dont go here

Look at the comments in July and August of this year from previous reviews. They say it all. Equipment is dated, chairs are ridiculous, training is a couple of hours if you are lucky. Definitely a them and us regarding agency staff. Don't touch this company with a barge pole!!!!

Disorganised and chaotic

Avoid ! No wonder they have such a high staff turnaround ! Disgraceful company ! Rude miserable staff who don’t speak ! Managers who don’t speak ! Never know a place like it ! Bad management ! Haven’t got a clue how to do things right ! Terrible customer service ! Utter chaos! A monkey could run the place better

Worst company I’ve ever worked for

The assistant office manager is rude, patronising and vile. She believes she is above everyone although is just a bully which has resulted in a lot of people not enjoying her company. Job is fast paced which is good although management give you no recognition and are only happy to discuss team failings. Too much pressure is put on teams to hit unrealistic targets and staff turn over is diabolical. Company pay is messed around a lot and this is evident when the majority of the building is affected.

Pros

Colleagues

Cons

Management, pay

Hahahaha vile

Literally laughing me back off writing this , absolute clip of a company. Would much rather work in a sewer than this hellfest , management are the worst and the colleagues you’re teamed with are absolute sweaty tramps , DO NOT go for a job here unless you physically hate your well being and health

Nighmare

This company has to be one of the worst I ever had the misfortune to work in all my working years. The training and support after is totally shocking and you get sighed at for asking questions to enable you to do the job properly. Their compliance rules absolutely stink and the management think they are above everyone else and treat you like dirt. I had to leave this organisation for the good of my mental health due to the anxiety the job caused and have never looked back. I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy as they are all about the money and really don't care about the staff. They get employees to put service reviews on Trustpilot to make them look good when the service they provide is absolutely shocking.

Pros

Fatty Friday

Cons

Management and Salary. Systems always down

Very poor management. Only interested in keeping agency staff circulating

I was took on under a recruitment agency for a 12 week period. The job was quite different to what was described. What people have said about it being very fast paced, stressful and unrewarding are all true. The training is exceptionally minimal and very inconsistent. I was often shown different ways of doing the same things depending on who you sat next to. It was a small team of 5 and the phones never, ever stop ringing. Because of this, it was often difficult to get assistance as everyone is always too busy. Management are quite unfriendly and unapproachable. You get 20 seconds of free time after a call before your next one can come through and you must answer it or it is logged on your records that you failed to take a call. This means there is no time to deal with customers queries until the phone calls die down and you end up with a massive stack of backlogged tasks and you have to try and remember back what each one was, sometimes totalling a few hours back. Other admin tasks are given out while you are juggling the calls and you are expected to complete these daily. Quite a lot of calls are angry complaints and there is not much assistance in helping you deal with these. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind a challenging and varied role and this certainly was that. I was told by my team members that they have had many staff members come and go on the team in a short space of time, and given how difficult the role is and how much you are expected to learn, I totally understand why. However, I have been in admin/ customer service for over 25 years and I picked up the -

Pros

Great team. Varied and interesting work for people like me who like a challenge.

Cons

No breaks, Rude and unpleasant senior management, Long hours, Little pay, Very stressful, Unrealistic expectations, Won't get kept on if agency staff.

Fast paced

A typical day at work was taking calls from customers over the phone regarding engineer appointments. I learned that it's important to be thorough with your work as the systems were a little difficult to get used to. Some of the management were great and happy to help but I found others a bit hard to rely on. The workplace culture was mainly fun and friendly but sometimes could be a bit unprofessional. The hardest part of the job would be the phone calls in which customers were angry, it's really important to keep calm. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people I knew outside of work.

Pros

fair shift rotation

Cons

unprofessional staff

Poor

Very little if not any training involved. Didn't feel part of the team. Half an hour for lunch with no other breaks. Felt uncomfortable asking questions if i didn't know what to do. Overall, i didn't want to go to work at all as i felt unwanted.

Pros

Free Parking

Cons

Only 1 break, little training, weekend working.

Poor management

Very poor management particularly in the admin/customer service department within gas repair services. The department is ran very unprofessionally and operates with poor micromanagement style where unrealistic targets are met. Employees will be expected to work long hours, weekends and on call for a very basic wage. Individuals with relationships with higher management staff seemed to influence poor work ethics where employees are felt devalued and miss treated.

Pros

Overtime

Cons

High stress, no career progression, low pay

Feel Stuck

0800 Repair really feels like a dead end job. No wage increase in 5 years and always brings in new management from outside of the company... NO PROGRESSION

Pros

good hours, discount in shop

Cons

low pay, high stress, high staff turnover

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 0800 Repair. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement