1625 INDEPENDENT PEOPLE

1625 INDEPENDENT PEOPLE Employee Reviews

Liked the work environment, good training opportunities, reflective practice, management friendly and helpful. Flexible working hours Pay good for role
A typical day at work in Bristol Youth Maps was very pleasant, welcoming guests and making them feel at home. Maps was a great experience for me, filled with amazing people, who I admire and miss very much. I learned a lot there and made friends, everyone is very down to earth and caring. Sometimes there were angry-young-adults who would be upset and misbehave, but that would not stop the team form trying their hardest to assist the young people and calm them down.
Pros
Amazing people, Rewarding job
Cons
Sometimes not very busy
I learned it was important to be patient when working with young people, who regularly failed to engage. It was also important to remember, we were all young once and to put myself in their shoes. The hardest part of the job was planning my day and regularly have to reorganise my schedule, as young people were rarely on time or planned their day. The hardest part of the job was meeting deadlines with a client group that failed to plan their day/life. The enjoyable part of the day, was working with the few that were organised, attended appointments, engaged and had successful outcomes.
Pros
Strong Team, Commited Staff Team, Supportive Team
Cons
Constantly changing daily priorities