1st Class care

1st Class care Employee Reviews

Fast paced working

Fast paced working environment that I enjoy. Staff very professional and helpful. Everyday is different and full of new challenges. Always learning more about the individuals needs and hoping to do more training. Not like other care companies. Very happy with my position and would recommend to anyone

Do not join

I would not recommend to join this company. I love being a carer but this company is so unorganised and unprofessional and treat their staff very unfair especially if there is issue, they will just disregard it. When you are working you will be messed about and most of the time you are doing the job of the office rather than what you as a carer has been employed for.

Decent

Very flexible, not a bad job if you have any savvy. Good money guaranteed and company willing to offer fair chances to climb the ladder pretty quickly. Helps if you are friendly and eager to learn.

Pros

Friendly staff and clients, good shift pattern, pay

Good

Staff were always helpful and patients were lovely. Enjoyed my time working here. I was made to feeel very welcomed and nothing was too much bother. Genuienly care about there employees.

Tough but Fulfilling

I am new to care and the job can be stressful but if very rewarding I have met some of the loveliest people and learned a great deal to better myself as a person. They have great support and training options and also have some terrific staff benefits.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Tough going

Office staff only care about getting the workload off them

I’ve worked there for nearly a year and to start with everything was going well. Then u start to notice things like when your in your days off they constantly call and try get you to work making you feel guilty about resting. They only pay half the amount they should be paying of your petrol money. If you complain they make things harder than the should be All in all 1st class care is a care company that don’t care. Weird that eh

Pros

Meeting people

Amazing clients

Been working here part time for just under a year. You get to meet and care for some amazing clients.Training was also quite good and informative.Higehr hourly rate compared to other providers my area.

Temporary Work

I worked here on a temporary contract during the pandemic and have to say I have loved every minute of being there. The staff are wonderful and helpful they really helped me settle in, especially as I have not been trained in adult care before this. I would recommend 1st Class Care to anyone as it’s been great working with a great team. Management extremely helpful. All clients are amazing they make you smile each day caring for them. Thank you for the opportunity.

Pros

Active supportive place to work, SVQ offered to full time.

Cons

12 hour shifts

Temporary Work

Pros

Active supportive place to work, SVQ offered to full time.

Cons

12 hour shifts

No pay for walking some staff can be rude

You work from 7 till 9 only bing paid for hours with clients no pay for walking 9.30 and hr for alloa workers only get subtaside for petrol thats all. Office staff can be a but rude but all around no bad place to work if ur willing to be paid for only being with clients

Pros

Cons

Long hours not enough pay for walkers arnt appreciated

Jobs at 1st Class care

See more jobs

Temporary Work

Pros

Active supportive place to work, SVQ offered to full time.

Cons

12 hour shifts

Learning experience

As it was a care at home, it was our job to help the old with everyday things, such as eating, walking anreven just having someone to accompany and talk to them.

Decent Ppalce to work

It's been a while since I worked there, I was there for 8 months and I never had any problems with them. They were always fair with me and I enjoyed working for them.

Pros

Clients

Rewarding workplace

Having worked in care for over 2 years, I am extremely impressed with First Class Care, particularly the support and training given. A typical day starts at 7 am, finishing at 9pm with several breaks throughout. What I love the most about my job is meeting our clients every day, having a good laugh with them whilst their needs are being met. Knowing that your management is always at the end of the phone is also wonderful. Not only is the job rewarding in terms of job satisfaction but also the perks and wages are quite good.

Pros

Learning everyday and meeting new people

Cons

Longer hours

One of the best going

I have worked for 3 diffrent company's in Livingston over 10 years and this is deffo the best never hassled to work overtime or get calls crammed into to you by the office the work load is great and and always asked to pick up extra office really helpful.

Pros

Run is great times are great

Cons

Great company love my job

I have worked for 1st class for 3 month's now and I have never done care before and i love love it , really good training great pay and office staff really helpful, can fault it , wish i had done this year's ago ,

5* Place

Fantastic on the job training, friendly and knowledgeable office team who are always willing to help during care calls. 24/7 support from other members of the team as well as the ability to go into the office for a cup of tea and a chat during the day. I enjoy my role, I work with some lovely service users who I see on a regular basis.

Competitive pay and supportive office staff

I started working for 1st Class Care just over a year ago. The new office team are extermely supportive and the pay is excellent. I had no experience when I started so didnt know if I was going to like it or not. I had all the correct training and support form the team, if it wasnt from this support I wouldnt be the great carer I am today.

Nice company to work for

The job can fast paced at times and fitted around me and my kids. Worked on a set run which ran like clockwork, was great. The girls were all loverly. Hardest part of the job was dealing with family members.

You get what you put in

Good training and management. No false promises like other providers. Rewarding job helping clients. Good pay if youre willing to work. Staff very friendly.

Caring and supportive

I love my job at 1st Class Care, this was my first job in care, i've been here just under four months and i can't rate highly enough. No two days are the same and the managers couldn't have been more supportive. I am part of a great team who feel vauled for their commitment to the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 1st Class care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0Job security/advancement

Compare 1st Class care with

• 1st Class care
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?