1st Grade Care Limited
1st Grade Care Limited Employee Review

Flexible, satisfying job

25 January 2021
I've been with this company for 4 months now and I've been shown a great deal of flexibility and ease especially when needing to change shifts. Whenever I've had a problem it's been dealt with quickly and with ease and I don't feel like I'm a nuisance even if it's something small. There's a lot of in depth training which I feel is amazing and there are regular emails to keep in with everyone so you never feel like you're doing things alone.
4.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Flexibility, easy to talk to managera
Cons
Some calls are quite far between and finishing quite late
7 June 2019
Same role
Home Care Assistant (Former Employee) - Newport, Newport
If you don’t have a car don’t even think about applying. They assure you that you’ll be on routes close to your home but they are so wrong. They have you walking 30 minutes between visits and don’t give you enough time to get there. You don’t get paid for your walking time either, only the time in the visits. So you could be out 7:00-1:00 but only get paid 4 hours. Visit time is usually 30 mins, meaning you get paid £8.50 when you do two visits, not £8.50 each visit, and due to not getting paid walking time it results in low wages. Pay always been short also. The office speak down to you and don’t even think about ringing in sick or you’ll be black mailed up to your eyeballs! Their favourite one to use is ‘if you don’t go then the service users aren’t getting out of bed and aren’t getting their medication’. I went without an ID badge and a work phone for months. I had nothing to prove who I was.
Pros
Cons
Everything 😂
Official response from 1st Grade Care Limited
21 July 2020
Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I am sorry you feel this way about the company, We at 1st Grade Care take great pride in trying our very best to keep employees happy alongside our clients. I am sorry the experience that you had in this instance was bad. Please if you are willing to, contact Faye at Head Office Recruitment on 0330 043 9787 or joinus@1stgradecare.co.uk to discuss this further.
4 May 2021
Same location
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) - Bristol
Never want o pay employees on time. I’ve left the company about 6 months ago and they still owe me 4 weeks pay. The management is really hard to get hold off.
3 March 2021
Same location
Care Worker (Current Employee) - Bristol
When giving availability they assume that it’s what you want to work all the time. You work long days, everyday with no break the majority of the time. They say they’ll support you but that’s a complete lie. The management will lie to you to 99.9% and will add to your shifts without asking you first. The communication is shocking! That’s with staff and the service users. I could say so much more but I think I’ve made my point. It’s the most ridiculous, unprofessional, inconsiderate company and if you value you’re own personal time, struggle with mental health, like to socialise with friends, like to visit family and like to eat and drink food and water, I would highly discourage you from this job.
Pros
The service users are more supportive than the management
Cons
Long hours, no break, no support, no consideration towards ANYONE’s feelings, constantly lie to cover their backs, have you doing illegal shifts and hours and won’t allow you time off