3M

3M Employee Reviews

United Kingdom133 reviews

Found 133 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,671 reviews

Favouritism & job satisfaction

Like 99% of the staff who were trained up I Was also told at my interview that I’d also be trained up on all aspects of the manufacturing processes but due to me hitting high targets daily,I was left on one machine which peed me off tbh, along with this there was a lot of favouritism amongst older staff who have relatives & friends working there, you’ve got no chance of overtime if their relatives/friends request it, agency staff are put on “unpopular work tasks” whilst relatives and friends get the easier work and are also allowed to have longer and extra break times…hence the continued high staff turn over there…..sad but true

Pros

Good shift pattern

Cons

As stated above in review

Very clicky.

Temps laid off with little or no notice. Your face fits if you have family working in the company. Long hours. Lots of back stabbing. Management dont have a clue whats happening. One day loads of work, next non.

Insights into 3M

• Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Great work place

Great work place, Rewarding, Enjoy every day and learn new things every day. We are like a family, helpful with each other, respectful and getting always the support needed.

Target driven

Agency staff get little or no warning when getting laid off. Leaving people without the opportunity to look for employment elsewhere before being laid off.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Great place to work but found it hard to progress

Learned amazing skills from my immediate team but found it very hard to get out of my second apprenticeship onto a full time contract, Gutted I will have to leave because they were unable to get this sorted. Worked for the company for 3 years, almost 4 and it was my first "real" job but the title of apprentice was restricting at times, and getting out of my second apprenticeship onto a full time role was difficult. However I was always treated well by fellow members, and have a feeling if I was a full time member I would have been completely satisfied.

Pros

Flexible schedule, Friendly staff, supportive environment, Discounted products, Food on site

Cons

Job Security as a subordinate, Long time to process contracts, Hard to progress from roles like apprentice or intern.

Well Paid

3M continue to pay well but unfortunately is not the business it once was. Over management is the norm and if they did what they say it would be a great place to work, unfortunately they do not. Very senior managers are disconnected and badly informed from middle management.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Micromanagement, Not walking the walk

Poisonous atmosphere, great wages

You'll undoubtedly be a temporary worker, some permanents look down on temps, some female team leaders speak to others disgracefully. It's a very poisonous atmosphere with a lot of employees telling tales on others constantly. I get the feeling some are that frightened for their jobs, they will do anything to keep it.If you reach nearing two year temporary employment, they tend to finish you & advertise for more temps to do your job.Good wages, but no real security.

Pros

Good wage

Cons

Some of the long-termers & team leaders, talk to others shamefully.

I worked at 3M through an agency for 3 years and found it to be, overall, a great place to work. I learned a lot whilst I was there. The atmosphere is good and lean culture is driven throughout. People are mostly friendly and make it a pleasure to come to work, everyone works as a team and shares a common goal.

Pros

Good pay, good working environment, great people, cheap canteen

Cons

Agency work, no job security, permanent jobs very rare

Great place to work, gutted when I had to leave. Some fantastic people really made me feel welcome, all the support you'll ever need. Great management and my team we're best in a long time.

Pros

Atmosphere

Cons

Temp Contract

Very dirty place to work

The place i worked at was Atherstone. It was Dirty old Building that had not given any TLC.This Building has asbestos and its not properly marked or Managed. The electrical infastucture is old and alot if the panels have no locks on them for easy access.

Pros

Its a relaxed atmosphere

Cons

Back stabbing.

Boring work but good money

If you like to fit in then you have to crawl up the management's bots, too many clicks not a very nice environment only good thing is the money, you are watched all the time very uncomfortable

Pros

Good pay rate

Cons

Too many to answer

A company that enables you to realise your full potential

A dynamic, talent rich, well run organisation that seeks to support its employees in reaching their full potential.Whilst work pace is high, responsibilities and performance expectation are clearly articulated and personal development support is made available to help you excel.

Pros

Dynamic business with great future prospects

Cons

Balancing local site needs with central 3M expectations.

Fast paced, good learning opportunities

I was a placement student at 3M, there were many opportunities to learn about the business and gain new skills. We were encouraged to take on responsibilities and work in a range of teams in order to make the most of our year and contribute towards the company. If you want to get involved in something different or another part of the business this is also encouraged provided that you keep on track with your projects. The people where I worked were very friendly and not too serious unless the situation called for it therefore it was a fun place to be, they were always happy to help but you need to make sure that you ask for it. I also had an excellent mentor which made sure to check up on my progress and help me with my work, as well as for a friendly chat if needed. Most days I would work on a range of projects which could mean working on creating 3D designs for printing, running test procedures on products, analysing products, reports on findings, etc. Management were good and the hiring team were all great and made the interview day more enjoyable.

Pros

Great work environment

Cons

Might not be taking on many full time employees

Fired for something i didnt do

I was sacked and escorted off the premises for allegedly being aggressive to a contractor which was not true but wasnt given any chance to prove it wasnt me

Good relaxed working environment. Very good pay and they take social distancing and employees safety very seriously at 3M. I would recommend this as a good place to work.

Social Workplace

Great environment to work in! The management there are very supportive. There is always such a network around you that push you to aim higher and achieve. The training provided is great, and any concerns you may have can be voiced freely and without prejudice.

Friendly staff

Made to feel welcome straight from the start, rewarded and reconised for personal growth and acheviments and found it very easy to grown within the company whilst being supported

Great Place

Loved my time working here, friendly staff, great wage, fair breaks and overall hours. Only problem is the work flow, can go up or down at any time, which was the reason I was let go.

Poorly managed, backstabbing unpleasant place to work

Rude incompetent managers, horrible shift patterns, no bonuses or rewards, b*tching and backstabbing at every opportunity. People promoted or kept on after gross misconduct if they sleep with the managers.

Looked after their staff incredibly well

The best thing about working at 3M was how they looked after their staff, from working environments, healthy food in canteens, Starbucks on site, free massage chairs, flu jabs etc to big things like great salary, career advancement, regular reviews, etc. Left when I started my family, but would love to go back sometime.

Friendly environment. Professional, corporate employer. Global manufacturer. Great support & development. Good location for public transport links & free parking.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 3M. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement