A&B Healthcare Ltd

United Kingdom9 reviews

Clear
3.8Pay & benefits

Friendly and supportive

I have worked at A&B Healthcare for the last couple of years. I have worked for other Home-care companies previously but have found A&B to be the most caring and efficient. I get paid 15p a mile as well as the time it takes me to get to my next call at full rate, holiday pay is paid weekly throughout the year which suits me as I don’t always need to take all my holidays so means I get paid for them regardless of whether I choose to take them all or not. I can adjust my availability if required, overtime is always available and I have found the office staff to be very supportive throughout some o problems I have had. The office is always open if you just want a drink, somewhere to eat lunch or a chat (before coronavirus). Full training is given as well as updates as well as the opportunity to gain extra training in more specialist things if you wish. It truly feels good to support the vulnerable within our community especially in the current climate, it really makes a difference.

Pros

Mileage, travel pay, supportive, flexible

Flexible around my family

I have worked at a & b for a few years now and find that the hours work really well alongside my personal life. Choosing my own availability is such a bonus! Holiday pay upfront and travel/mileage paid as well as weekly pay is great. I love my clients, the office offers support when required and the job itself is very rewarding. Covid has had a huge effect on people’s lives so it’s nice to be able to help vulnerable people and make a difference to people’s life’s. I have recommended my friends and a family member to a & b too.

Pros

Weekly pay, travel and mileage paid on top of hourly rate

Insights into A&B Healthcare Ltd

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Poorly Run - avoid at all costs

this company is a shambles. Poorly run unsympathetic staff. constantly ringing you wanting to do more. Paid minimum wage even though you are working your bum off. No empathy from management. Poor training. travel money paid but not worth it. do not pay you when you are off for your holidays these are paid on your wages. clients times constantly moved around so they get angry with the carers about the times we are turning up.

Pros

Cons

poor management

Good company

Having been a long term employee, I've always found that talking to the office and working out resolutions easy. If there's a problem they will work to solve it. They worked around my availability. Weekly pay was a bonus! Uniform provided and on site training regularly. If you're unsure of anything you can ask and they'll help.

Pros

On site training, easy to talk to

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A&B Healthcare Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare A&B Healthcare Ltd with

A&B Healthcare Ltd reviews by location

• A&B Healthcare Ltd
  • Pay & benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?