A&E Services (UK) Ltd

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Ability to learn new things
  • General feeling of work happiness

Disorganised

Very disorganised and checks not carried out and management well thats an issue as they don't wear their licences or staff id cards and some staff work 24/7 so not good practice and also extra shifts where paid cash in hand so no tax paid on it

Cons

Very long hours and no family time

No comment

Manager and supervisor are sly, barley get days off, not enough pay for the job you do. The best part of the job was where I was working, residents and staff at the site are fantastic. Worst management at A&E.

Pros

The residents

Cons

Management, hours, no days off

Family focused, rewarding,open

I've read through some of the reviews and though I can't comment on the security side (I have met both the manager and supervisor and both very polite and professional), the cleaning side of the business is very different from what is portrayed. I have worked for the company for 4 months now. The Management is amazing, especially the Operation Manager, I completed a couple of trial days first to make sure it was right for me as well as the business. Very understanding with childcare (in the middle of pandemic and schools are shut!) always answers the phone, always listens to my input. Have weekly meetings with all (Operations, Office)management including the owner, who again listens and takes on board suggestions, all approachable with any issues or problems. Any weekend work is paid at time and half for saturdays and double for sundays! again, what other cleaning companies do this? Paid on time, lovely uniform provided and company vehicle. I would recommend working for this company and in fact have referred previous colleagues to come and work with me here.

Pros

Management, communication, company vehicle, company phone

Cons

none yet..

dont work for this company

this company have no idea how to carry out cleaning they promise to turn up but dont didnt want to see what the problems were time sheets are a joke you have to send them off to them then they sent them back the place wanted and paid for deep clean but they left out class rooms which were in appalling state as they had a dog that was left to roam the school so mud was appalling you dont get paid wont answer phone or emails no one to get onto about it the cleaners that took the job after us they now have left all in a month

Pros

Cons

hard work

Worst cleaning company

Management are patronising bullies. They expect a 5 star clean for a 1 star pay. No consistency and nick picking small insignificant details (cupboard corner dust). Management threaten your job security. The organisation is appalling no cover arranged when you have annual leave book (way in advance) therefore more work apon your return. Worst company ever work for. Management are in desperate need management and people skills.

Cons

Job satisfaction and supportive management

Been Working for A & E Services for around 3 years and have to say I love my 4 on 4 of shifts patterns. My manager is always available on the phone to discuss any problems and recently I was given paid time off to deal with a family emergency. I have read a couple of negative comments on here and can only presume they are either from a disgruntled worker or maybe a competitor.

Pros

Great support

Cons

Security are long hours

Former Employee

Bad. Security guard as cleaner you are going to be ordered to clean all times. Bad. double check all hours you worked other wise you will be paid less salary. Bad timing. They can call you bad time and asking if you can cover. Salary. 7. you are alone always, if you go toilet radio call and boss yelling and all staff stuck busy and pay less salary.

Pros

poor

Cons

12hours

Great Company

All I can say is a great company to work for, great management always there if you need them. There are a lot of worse security companies out there. A&E are the best company I have ever worked for

A place where you can look forward to going to work

Working for this company was very good, whenever you needed anything the manager was always very kind and ready to help. As well as that the people that work for this team act as 1

Pros

Good salary, good colleagues, amazing management

The worst, end of

Where do I start. OK, minimum wage for working nights, weekends and Bank Holidays, poor. Don't live up to any of the promises made at the interview. Invisible management, you get dumped on the contract place of work and forgotten about. Oh yes, and after being verbally abused every night at the YMCA (place of work) for the last six weeks and then being physically assaulted you are forced to hand you're notice in. WHAT A BRILLIANT AGENCY!... NOT

Cons

Security job involves cleaning aswell as security

Very poor management always changing ,as well as security officers due to being poorly run and management not backing there staff , most of the shift is spent cleaning the customer is not bothered what you have to say they just want you on your feet all night preferably cleaning

Pros

Cons

cleaning most of your shift

Unorganised

My experience at A&E cleaning wasn't very pleasant as it was very Unorganised. I didn't enjoy this job very much however, the pay was decent and the hours were okay.

poor

very poor organisation and working environment. wages for this job are very poor and are NMW. I would avoid this company where possible as its just not worth it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A&E Services (UK) Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • A&E Services (UK) Ltd
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?