A & K HOME CARE

Insights into A & K HOME CARE

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Don't waste your time

This company is an utter joke. The hours are ridiculous without lunch and toilet breaks, the management have no idea how to run a care company and treat the staff like slaves. They also shout abuse down the phone and don't pay the wages.

Pros

Cons

Management, no wages, abusive

18 October 2020
please contact me i am one of the directors and have full access to this site.

A great job if you want to make a difference to others!

Being a Health Care Assistant for over 2 years at this company has enabled me to singlehandedly feel as though I am benefiting others, this industry can sometimes be a challenging one however the sense of achievement after a day at work cannot be understated. I have always been paid on time contrary to other reviews and the management staff build a good relationship with their staff.

Pros

Can drive own car and expenses are covered

Cons

The days can sometimes be tiring

Terrible place

I worked here in 2018 as a health care worker. The office was the place to avoid if possible, full of rude management who would make you feel small and belittled consistently. Different pay for drivers and walkers, often putting the younger girls on the leamington routes or making single routes for those drivers. At the time I worked there two young girls were drivers, both in university, were always picking up the slack and made to feel belittled. I believe one girl had a car crash while working here in 2018. I complained of the walking Routes as they weren’t working well and you could see certain non-drivers were favoured to go on the double routes leaving us old-timers to pick up the slack

4 October 2020
So basically you are saying because staff are younger they should do the walking routes, and leave the bonds they have formed with patients because they are younger. As we are a community care company yes the office is the place to avoid we employ you to work as a community carer in the community. The rest of your review is based on second hand information, for want of a better word gossip.

Worst job ever

The is the worst place I have ever worked. Dont bother working here even if your desperate! Managers are rude dont look after staff and expect you to work all the hours and they dont even pay you for half the hours you work. You have to fight to get your money and mileage does not cover what you have to pay out More stress and hassle than it's worth.

11 February 2020
Thank you for your feed back, unfortunately we cannot provide the facts relating to your employment however as a supervisor staffing is an area you would deal with so if you were putting in above your contracted hours it would be paid as you manage your own timesheet. And the choice is simple time back or overtime.

Never again

You literally sit around and doing nothing but waiting and you don't get payed for the waiting you do. Some days it's super busy that you don't even get a break. For a non driver, you are payed per call which whenever you ask during the interview process they will never tell you. You also do not get paid for the walking you do or the time driving to the mext house. The clock in system doesn't always work so wages are never correct and hard to prove. I wonder how they are still in business. The only good thing is that you are guaranteed to get a job because they are that desperate and people are always leaving

Pros

Theyre desperation

Cons

Long hours, not hospitable, unsocial, patronising managers, gossip and cattyiness

3 March 2020
slightly confusing you complain of sitting around then claim you don't get a break also you complain how busy you were.Which is it?Also we turn down more people than we employ however we don't always get it right.

Awful !!

I worked for this company for a short time and it was just awful. No respect and not very well organised. They just want it to be a small family business and if you are not part of that group you have no chance. So don't bother the stress isn't worth it They would give you your rota the day before meaning you couldn't plan for the week. again I want to reiterate don't put yourself through it.

Pros

Cons

long hours, poor staff turnover, lack of respect for their staff, didnt even pay you the right amount. !!

3 March 2020
fake due to staff retention we never recruited between july and September.

Do not work for these awful people

I worked for this dreadful 'company' a few of years ago. I have worked in care for 30+ years, and have never witnesssed such incompetence, and money grabbing, uncaring attitudes to vulnerable people. Absolute lies re: pay. The days are long, but you'll only be paid for half a day! When you leave they refuse to pay owed fuel allowance and wages.

18 October 2020
Thank you for your review, and I know who you are from the content and you are correct i did refuse to pay expenses as they were consistently higher than other peoples and the black box reports from the company cars, to make sure I was being fair I also check Google maps and your journey logs did not match. As a result 8 rejected them and the rest is opinion but we are still in business. I personally have a duty to ensure funds to pay staff and keep there jobs secure which has been a success.

Dont work for these people

For any support workers please dont ever work for these people, lack of training, certain people are treated differently to others, they dont pay you correctly and if you leave they fail to pay you what your owed. The management culture is if your not happy ,leave your uniform at the door and leave.

Nightmare

I worked here in 2018. The owners are the most unproffesional team I have ever met. So disrespectful to their staff. Deduct your pay at every given chance. People leave on a daily basis. The description of their pay rates is a lie. They pressure you into extra hours. You become exhausted for no reward. The worse place I have ever worked I am utterly shocked they are still in business

Pros

Cons

Very long hours with no social lufe

Have worked as bank staff for 2 years

I consider the managers friends as I worked for them while at uni. Now I still do the occasional shift as I still enjoy it. Great to work for and always treated well

Pros

Very caring and focused on Patients

Nonsense.

The company is not worth the headache. Very messy, the management will find anyway to blame workers for their mistakes due to there communication. There is a clique mentality. Workers who they like (who kiss their behinds) are let off for any and everything. Those they tolerate have few chances. often you are underpayed and having to argue for your actual wages. They lie to you about the way you are paid and how much. God knows what they spend time doing in that office. This job should only be used as a filler job before something better comes up like most the care staff are doing

Pros

Friendly clients

Cons

Management, some fellow care staff, hours, pay

Don’t waste your time

Worst company I have ever worked for. Bad management, treat staff poorly. They lie and are disrespectful. Never a good word to say. Don’t waste your time not even if you are desperate!!!!

Don't bother

I worked at A&K for two weeks.The manager and everyone in that little office had the most disrespectful atitude towards me.After being treated like a nothing i finaly resigned,only to realise that they won't give me my salary.Maybe it wasn't that much but I worked hard to clean their clients and take care of them and I got nothing in return. Just don't bother....

Pros

Cons

No salary, Bad management

Do not apply

Absolutely rubbish, they will make you do shifts from getting up at 5 in the morning to get to town till about 10 at night and still be expected to get last bus home so won’t even be getting home till about 12 and then expect you to be up again at 5, underpay you, managers are rude and do not make you feel welcomed, throw dirty looks and ignorant, only have bad things to say.

Pros

Elderly

4 October 2020
Thank you for your review however I would like to say like most companies, you would not get to see senior management unless you had done something exceptionally well or something extremely wrong. And we provide free transport to work from the city centre, how you travel to and from that destination is your own personal affair really. If I am totally honest I would say this review is fake as I know most of the drivers drop people home anyway

Have worked as bank staff for 2 years

Pros

Very caring and focused on Patients

Shocking managment.

The company is a complete nightmare to work for. The office staff and owners are oblivious on how to run a care agency. Us staff doing the calls have no support and are never made to feel welcome. Care standards are constantly poor.

typical day

Typical day at work would be to be picked up by the company car at 6:30 AM and arrive in southam to start my first call at 7:00 AM. i would care for people in there day to day needs.I learned how to care for people that need it and the best way doing so. the management is okay as at the time there was bew staff so everyone was getting use tot their roll. They are all very friendly and always there if you need help. The hardest part of the job is the long hours and having to deal with difficult service users. The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationship you build with your fellow work friends and the relationship you build with your service users, it stops becoming a job and more of a enjoyable term.

Pros

rewarding personally

Cons

long hours, hard to get a break

absolutely amazing

the company is great,i learnt how to care for elderly the enjoyable bit is everything really great company to work for friendly people great pay all in all absolutely amazing joyful i like it

Pros

fun, great

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A & K HOME CARE. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement