A-1 Personnel

Working at A-1 Personnel: 46 Reviews

The office employees

The staff works with you and help you reach your career goals. If 1 assignment doesn't work out, they will find one that will. You also can get hired.

Pros

The staff

Cons

Good at offering job options

I was hired to work for Harris County Clerk's Office with A-1. It was a great opportunity when I moved from South Texas to Houston but saw little opportunity to make this temporary position in to a permanent one. Great staff at A-1 and great staff at Harris County.

Pros

Always update you with job postings

Cons

sometimes they are temp jobs

Great work environment

Great placed to have worked. Great work ethic, the ownership cares about their people. Man and wife owned and they treat everyone like part of the family

Pros

Great team support

Cons

Great company to work for

Great company to work for. Staff care about their employees. I was rushed to the hospital from work and someone actually called more than once to check on me.

is a good company to start off your work experience.

it was a fun and healthy work environment and a great way to interact with the community. pay is very nice for the amount of work being put in. a good fact of this company is the bi weekly pay.

Productive Workplace

Only worked one assignment with A1 Personnel. The workplace and culture is the best part of the job. The hardest part of the job is the overwhelming amount of work for the working hours.

Positive work environment

Company offers employees the opportunity to grow and/or advance in your field of work or the fields available. Team work is mandatory on the job by co-workers at all times on and off the job site.

Great place to work. Only thing that I felt could have been better was the limited amount of assignments available.Other than that its a great company to work with.

Exciting and fun

Enjoy the hospitality jobs avable to work at a=1. They also have house keeping and auction jobs. Good peop;e to work for.They provide transpertation as well .And good communication with employes

Great

No issues with A-1. Position was easy to maintain. Assignment was easy to learn and adjust to. The staff made sure I was secure and comfortable with my assignment.

Its was ok

I enjoyed myself working there it was just temporary. Everybody was easy to work with and dealt with alot of customers on the phone. Every day i would use excel.

Fast Paced Work Environment

Great connections with City of Houston contracts. Sent out to work very quickly. However, wish there was more advancement for temp to hire associates and the ability to apply for permanent positions. Enjoyed the experience and work related skills that I was able to acquire.

Pros

weekday schedule 8-5, off weekends

Cons

no overtime pay or holiday pay. loss of wages

I liked the job that I worked for so I could grow with company candidates &be able too meet different cultures and also grow with that too make the job witch's we apply towards a better team .

Pros

Small breaks

Cons

Small breaks

Enjoyable

They have contracts with a few City employers and the look for long term to meet your need. There’s room for growth and also permanent hire within short periods of time after hire.

Pros

Background friendly

Cons

Maybe hard to get through to phone lines

Camp Teacher

My job in this camp was to interact with kids during the summer only. Taking them on field trips provided by the city to those of low income. Workplace culture was great heping others

Pros

We had aot of fun

Cons

Summer jobs

Okay job, but horrible pay

It was really to get a job for this temp agency but they don't pay much at all. I resigned because I couldn't afford to stay in my apartment with this pay.

No complaints

A-1 Personnel was a fair company with fair wages. I have no complaints. They work hard to find you an assignment. It is up to you to stay current. Auora Torres was the best!

Pros

They really help you find assignments.

Cons

The pay is low for some jobs.

Productive and Knowledgable

Fast paced job, good crew to work with but senior co-workers are highly threatened when and new employee comes in and naturally exceed the tasks given in a short time frame and upper management offers rewards and promotion for my hard safe working talents.

Pros

Learning to operate new equipment and heavy machinery to increase my value within the company

Cons

Not given the opportunity to learn and train in multiple positions to advance within the company

Job Placement

A-1 is a temporary agency. The placement is good for me, the pay is good and so are the people that actually do the placing. The benefits they offer are not worth the money that is paid monthly.

Great job

Great starter job and a great workplace. I learned how to work the assembly line quicker than I thought that I could. We all work together to get the job there.

Relaxed

Overall the employer is fun and helpful. I only wish the company would offer more other clients or potential employers to their employees for more work opportunities.

Pros

Holiday and sometimes free lunches

Cons

Not enough employers offered to their potential employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A-1 Personnel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • A-1 Personnel
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?