A-Bear

A-Bear Reviews

United Kingdom3 reviews

Fun workplace, chance to make someone's day

Management never paid me until months after work and it wan't all the money I worked. It was enjoyable because the people I worked with were supportive and enjoyed the job just as much as I did. It's always a pleasure when you can go home knowing you've made a child's birthday extra special. However they seemed to be hiring mostly younger people and taking advantage considering we weren't paid the amount we were supposed to each month.

Pros

Co-workers were great to work with, it's not like other stores (you get to interact and make a connection with the customer), you get to work and improve on different stations in the store.

Cons

never had a break, was not paid months in, pressure to always talk to customers when they are just looking around

hard work

build a bear employees are on a 4 hour contract however you often work much more than this, unfortunately at my store sorting shifts was a huge hassle. rotas run Mon-sun and often we wouldn't have next weeks rota until Sunday night. workers are forced to meet and exceed unrealistic expectation every shift and are often disciplined even if it is the customers preference that you do no constantly engage with them / follow them round and badger them to buy lots. there is lots of opportunity to progress as the company has such a high staff turn over rate there always struggling to find people to manage the stores however even when your position is increase your pay does not increase a sufficient amount.overall staff are overworked and under appreciated. to work here you really need to love interacting with kids but know how to talk to the parents too as well as be able to handle extreme high amounts of pressure.

Pros

can have fun with the staff you work with/ dance around the shop

Cons

poor management and often left stressed or confused

Very fun place to work

Typical days can vary, when the store is very quiet the day can go very slowly, but when the store is busy it can be somewhat overwhelming. Training given is great! Lovely management :)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A-Bear. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement