A-dec

A-dec Employee Reviews

Depends on the department

Some of the departments and shifts are better than others, try to get weekend or swing shift. No headphones allowed and they play bad music on repeat all day. Great culture and the CEO is amazing.

Benefits

Cons

N/a

2 August 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear that you enjoyed our culture and benefits while at A-dec. If you would like to discuss your feedback further, please email us at talent.acquisition@a-dec.com.

Fast paced, lots of overtime, corporate like mentality with a "family owned" sticker.

This job isn't that bad on the surface, that is, before all the mandatory overtime, and underneath the poor pay and bad management. Pay is shameful and not competitive like they say. They will work you to the bone and expect more out of you but don't offer weekly or even monthly bonuses, only yearly, and it's based on how well the company does, which OSHA violations come out of that (and boy do they have them.) It's super difficult to move out of the department you're in if you want to, and it's quick to move through most departments which soon become boring, but theres not much upward movement if you want it. Management and communication is poor. The company is going in a bad, corporate like direction. They no longer care about their employees, not deep down, they just care about money. If they cared about their employees, they'd pay us more. The wage gap between production workers and entry level management is astonishing. There's no way they're doing 150% more work than your average production worker, not to mention, they'd be nothing without their lower workers. They boast about a work home life balance but there isn't any, at least not for your 4 10ers.

18 May 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We’re interested to learn more about your individual experience and how we can improve. Please email us at talent.acquisition@a-dec.com.

Adec takes great care of their employees, great benefits, opportunities to grow and further education.

Adec is an exceptional company to work for, very few companies care for their employees like Adec does.Great experience and was very hard to find a company that compares.

2 May 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback! We appreciate your input and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience at A-dec. If you have any further feedback to share please email us at talent.acquisition@a-dec.com.

They truly care about the people and there is plenty of opportunities to advance.

A-dec is people first. I heard a lot of great things about A-dec and decided I wanted to find out for myself. It was crazy to start work and find out for myself everything I heard was true.

Pros

Opportunity, people, management, environment and pay are all A+!

Cons

I have no complaints.

productive

Stay busy. Good work environment. Team work. Fast paced. Family Orientated. Half of the management seems to care about its employees and shows acknowledgment.

Pros

Profit Sharing, Bonus, Vacation, Extended holidays

Cons

Alot of OT

A comfortable, yet professional, campus.

Great company, good pay. Non-toxic environment. Friendly employees. Nice yearly profit sharing bonus.Plenty of available advancement opportunities.

Pros

Examples stated above.

Cons

Honestly, I did not have a “con” while employed there.

27 December 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback! We appreciate your input and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience while at A-dec. If you have any further details to share please email us at talent.acquisition@a-dec.com.

Productive, fun and enjoyable working atmosphere, with people that really care about the work being done and the people they work with.

The best part of working at A-dec is the people. We are all united in our pursuit of a superior customer experience, and truly care about and for one another.

Pros

Great Culture

6 December 2021
Your thoughtful review is appreciated! It is great to hear about your personal experience and we are happy to learn that you enjoy our work atmosphere, caring people and united pursuit of a superior customer experience. If there is additional feedback that you would like to share, please email us at talent.acquisition@a-dec.com

This job is stressful and poor management

Back in the day this would be the Company to work for this was the job to brag about, but not anymore doesn't pay as well, always moving people around to different area's the Management is poor they aren't for their people really they only have favorites if your a favorite you get get treated really well, there a bunches of immature young ones that work here so if your a young one who thinks he' she is all that than good go work l, this place lacks communication, there is ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS miscommunication, plus they see still pretty strick about Covid stuff if you have some much as the sniffles 6ou gotta go home get in to the Dr get test Quarantine for what 7-10 usually how long it takes for results to come back, this Company isn't what it used to be they have lost their morols and values, it is sad this place went down hill, if you are wanting a job that treats you well, pays good, great communication, good management, a place where you can work your way up and get ahead I wouldn't think about this place also there is no guarantee you will get hired on full time or permanently either. I worked here until recently than decided to just try to get back on where I was recently in Hillsborough this pretty much sums this place up.

Pros

You get to meet new people everyday

Cons

Poor management, poor communication, they have favorites, there is no guarantee you will get hired on full time permanently, they just in all went down hill.

Overall great company

Great company to work for. Lots of room for advancement. Great benefits. Profit sharing was nice. Several different work shifts available. Had a great 10 year run.

Pros

Profit Sharing, Various shifts, Benefits

2 August 2021
We appreciate your thoughtful review! It is great to hear about your personal experience and we are happy to learn that you enjoyed our benefits, shift options, and advancement opportunities while here. If there is additional feedback that you would like to share, please email us at talent.acquisition@a-dec.com.

Stressful company to work for

The company has a stressful environment to work at, they have lost their values and think that employees are just a thing you use and get rid off. I don't recommend this company to work for.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

No values, poor management, poor ethics, too many lay offs, make you work overtime as mandatory, stressful job.

14 July 2021
We're saddened to hear this feedback. Because we are committed to continuous improvement, we would like to learn more about your experience and invite you to reach out to discuss further. Please email us at talent.acquisition@a-dec.com.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at A-dec?

Needed a job ASAP due to pandemic, lots of lateral movement available

Needed a job ASAP due to pandemic, lots of lateral movement available. Worked as a temp, was difficult to get hired on as a technician, outside of a strictly manufacturing position. Still working on getting a technical position.

Pros

Best culture around.

Cons

Difficult to get hired on permanent in a technical position

6 July 2021
We appreciate your review! It is great to hear about your personal experience and we are happy to learn that you enjoyed our culture. If there is additional feedback that you would like to share, please email us at talent.acquisition@a-dec.com.

Steady work

The work is super easy but you are forced to work overtime especially during covid. Failure to do so will get you terminated. The family atmosphere died when the founders did a few years ago now it all about getting more production with less staff

Cons

Short breaks, bad pay, fighting to get days off

1 July 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We’d like to learn more about your individual experience and how we can improve. Please email us at talent.acquisition@a-dec.com.

Very difficult place to work at

I no longer work here I only worked there 1 week and was told on the phone that I was argumentative, for one thing I never argued with anyone, I might of said I couldn't remember due to having me do different things and it's the best thing I ever did, wasn't the job for me, I wanted to help people. Which wasn't what i was doing, I had a hard understanding people there (spanish) I found nothing enjoyable about working here

Pros

they had snacks in the breakroom

Just a job

Have been working here for some time and at first it’s fun then it just becomes a job ! It’s all about who you know at Adec and opportunity to move up it’s not present !

Pros

Culture, Location, family oriented

Cons

Poor pay, Mandatory overtime, leaders, level of organization

Was once a great company to be associated with...

Let's be honest here.. First off, overall A-dec is a good company to work for if you get a chance to get your foot in the door..However, it's not what it used to be. The family is removing itself more and more from the daily operations, therefore it's becoming more of a corporate style environment even though they sell you on the unique "newberg nice" culture the minute you walk in the door...Telling people you worked at A-dec used to be something you could be really proud of saying, even if you where the low man on the totem pole. Now it's just another job. The last of the good managers/supervisors have either retired or been forced to "retire early" for whatever reasons, and have been replaced with a few decent replacements and quite a few flat out bad ones. I'm not kidding, a few of them have zero integrity and lack the skills to empower and manage their staff, so instead lead by fear. Its gross. You will advance if you are liked. Or you will stay in the same position for a looong time. A-dec was good to me, but they really aren't who they used to be.

Pros

Pay and benefits

Cons

Middle managers with no concern for people

It's turning into a commercial company

Adec was always a company that cared for it's employees. But since the owner passed away in 2019 a lot has changed. No raises, no mid points, no saving pto and using it for the last 6-8 weeks before retiring. Leadership puts on a good act but that's all it is. In reality they don't care if you have a problem and it shows by there lack of helping you when you do. Leadership has no clue how to do anything but to point the finger and say we need this. A great leader leads by example and not by barking orders. Leadership is lazy and around a lot talking to others who also don't do anything. We could save money and remove every other manager and supervisor and unit specialist and still get the job done. You must be part of the click or your screwed and will continue to do higher end jobs for lower pay then the rest. Even if you can do it better. Leadership does not care about your health or well being. Benefits are getting worse, health insurance covers very little since they switched this year.you also can't say no to overtime.

Pros

Benefits okay, but suffering

Cons

No raises, no breaks, no proper ppe, mandatory overtime

Really good people and a quiet place to work.

A-dec has a strong sense of purpose. It can be difficult to become part of the in crowd as this is a family owned and run business. There company is very sales focused and does a great job building a US manufactured product.

Pros

Beautiful campus

Cons

Stagnant technology with an attitude of complacency.

Great Place to work

My only knock on this place is the lack of making decisions quickly. I found this place professional and enjoyable to work for. The people there genuinely care for the product and one another.

A-dec is like a family

A-dec is a family business that offers great pay and benefits. including reimbursement for schooling! most leadership is supportive and encourages growth

Environment

The majority of employees at Adec are professional and eager to assist in your learning. Problem solving was the number one focus with all employees in order to obtain new ideas for the future.

It’s a great job

It’s a great place to work. Nice people and great environment. Very simple job for kid in school. You only get paid once a month. You work Monday- Friday and every third Sunday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A-dec. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement