A-Gas

• Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energising work tasks
  • Clear sense of purpose

exciting and every day different

very good company , but recently been made redundant due to product fall in sales across Europe , would still be working there if it wasnt for that .

Fast, fun and collaborative way to work

I’ve been here for a few years and I can’t think of a place i have ever worked that comes close to my experience here. The work is fast paced but there is a real Team culture that I haven’t experienced anywhere else. People genuinely want to help each other to drive the business forwards and help the customers get what they need. Management is management I guess, but here there is a real feeling that you are listened to and helped when things become challenging, making you want to help others when they are down. They work hard to make it what it is and right now it feels like the company and its people are going from strength to strength.

Pros

People, flexibility, friendliness, environmental ethos.

Cons

Workload at times

Good Employer Undergoing Change

I have worked in A-Gas for a while now and although there has been change which in fairness hasn't been without it's issues the people are great to work with and the company makes you feel valued. I have worked for many companies in the past and this one is where the feeling of not just being another number shines brightest. Having seen some of the other reviews of the company and in particular the negative ones I have to say this hasn't been my experience and employee wellbeing and fairness are two areas that the company strive to promote and act upon. Okay there are recognised issues but this is by far the most pleasant and inclusive company that I have worked for, long may it continue.

Pros

Free tea, coffee, fresh fruit, company bonus scheme, parties etc.

Cons

Confused direction at times.

Not great, would not recommend

Upon applying the company gives a good impression that it cares about you and your progression but you soon realize that is just smoke and mirrors. Hard work is not recognized let alone rewarded and the employee of the month is an absolute joke where you can win it for having a nice smile but if you make a big difference you don't even get considered. Company makes you jump through hoops for any sort of pay rise but undercuts you at every opportunity offering low-ball salary advances with the excuse that you haven't displayed enough evidence to warrant any more even though you have consistently gone above and beyond. Job opportunities and promotions are based more on where you sit and who you brown nose than it is through recognizing and developing talent. Leadership team are egotistical and unapproachable, there is no strategy or direction. They set an unrealistic budget for 2019 based on nothing more than their greed as they are due to get massive bonuses from the investment company if they could achieve a certain amount. They made investments in several sites in Europe, one which is little more than a field which needs at least 3-5 years worth of development and expected it to start making money after a few months. They have been happy living the high life, jetting off across Europe at every opportunity, spending £500+ on meals and renting out Land Rover's and Jaguars for company trips but have expected everyone else to make cut backs and cost save. Their poor decisions and impatient nature has led to 11 people being made redundant during a month where the company had made -

Highlight of my career so far!

Pros - Has a start-up feel to the company where each person’s contribution, no matter how small, really matters - The onboarding process is excellent and HR is so helpful - Really supportive atmosphere - Willingness to innovate - The colleagues are clever and fun - Amazing social atmosphere, you bond really closely with your colleagues - You can help influence major change and have a big impact in future programs as there isn't a really strict hierarchy, people want to hear your opinion - Always something to do and learn - Pay rises and promotions are widely available Cons - A-Gas has experienced growing pains and needs a time of taking count of what they've got and keeping staff engaged - Dispersed staff across 4/5 offices in Portbury/Portishead Keep up the good work and keep in mind that your people are your best asset!

Worst place I have worked

Place is full of racism which according to management it acceptable. Didn't even know there were jokes about the grenfell disaster until I got a job there.

Pros

A pay packet

Cons

Everything.

not good

would not recommend for anyone who wants to climb the career ladder as there is a severe lack of opportunity, management are confusing counteracting what the others say and communication on a whole is very poor

Exciting training package,warm people to meet.

Rapid recovery is a new venture added onto A gas, and still finding its feet in all respect. Very good companyvto work with, contractual condition still evolving.

Seems like a great place to work

Salary is contracted in so that's always a bonus however once you scratch the surface you see how inefficiently it's ran. with lack of communication blatant waste of labour and man hours you're always expected to go above and beyond for little reward employee of the month is blatantly rigged to whoever management likes that month because it's been the same people who continually earn it warehouse staff are just mostly acknowledged for shortcomings rather than good work

Pros

Bonuses every 3 months of %2 salary not fixed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A-Gas. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement