A-Plan Insurance

A-Plan Insurance Employee Reviews

Very fast paced environment, busy day to day office life, good place for young starters, management seems to be not necessary understand people requirements regarding work system.
Management was pretty poor during my time there. They also used a lot of old working techniques and had no career progression available for staff members.
Each day can be different in terms of activity like all jobs but the people I worked with made the job what it was. Once you understand how to do the job it was easy. In my opinion it was repetitive however like I said it was the people who made the job fun.
Loved working for A-Plan (IT) The it team was amazing and we all worked together really well, The mamanagment was a lovely bunch. Didnt want to leave but needed to due to a move
Working for Aplan insurance was mainly stressful, however this was mainly due to management and I feel other branches would be much better to work for. The training provided was fantastic and really helped when stepping onto the shop floor.
Pros
Training
Cons
working as a customer service advisor for A-Plan is all hands a=on deck, all day, everyday. It is a very busy and stressful environment and is very client focused. A-Plan and all the managers I have encountered do their best to ensure clients receive brilliant level of service and that the staff have a good time in doing so. I do feel however that due to the work volume, there is little room for intricacy. There is no time to double check and ensure things are done correctly which is where I struggled most. any mistakes/errors then come back to you for you to resolve which can be very embarrassing if you need to call back a client and a lot of the time it could be avoided if you weren't rushed in the first place. Overall, I had a good experience although it does have it's downsides.
08:30 to 5:00/5:30 45 min lunch. if your 30 seconds late you may as well have a detailed debrief of your morning up until said late arrival. I worked as an insurance consultant and as a manager. constant tail chasing. Avoid!
Aplan is most definitely a company to avoid if you're looking for a career in insurance. The company is very old fashioned and is stuck in its ways. The attire is very strict with white shirt and tie. Management treat staff with little respect you are just a number. You are under constant pressure to meet targets that are unachievable. Micro management is a serious problem and you are treated likes children at school. Avoid avoid avoid. My fellow colleagues were the only saving grace however we all felt the same.
A-Plan has been a fun place to work, mostly due to the other people that work there. The job role itself can be stressful, and if you are not on track to meet your sales targets you can be put under some pressure. It is a competitive environment depending on the department, but you generally have individual targets to meet.
Main negatives were hours, 8-6 monday to friday (contracted 9-5:30) and supposed to be 2 in 4 Saturdays 9-12 this turned into 8-1 pretty much every saturday. Had to book holidays for things like doctors appointments and even bereavements. Not a good place to work if you have a family.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at A-Plan Insurance?
Head office is awful and seem to want to make your job as hard as possible and give little support. Lots of very nice people and my boss has been very nice to work for. He has been very understanding of personal issues and tried to help as best he can. However, this does not change the nature of the job itself and it has good days but they are fee and far between.
Pros
Good fun colleagues, slight room for progression but not too much.
Cons
Poor salary, extremely bad management from head office and bad working Saturday as well.
Buzzing atmosphere (Branches Vary) great culture, fast paced, energetic. Management good. Only Issue a new system that has been transferred to that is not fit for purpose. IT is he hardest part of this job.
Pros
Great Team Spirit. Good Management and training.
Cons
Computer systems.
A-Plan Insurance is all about internal progression and development of its staff. If you are looking for a career to further better yourself and increase your knowledge of the insurance industry A-Plan Insurance is the employer to choose! They have a fantastic business model and puts its clients needs at the heart of everything they do in "making insurance easy!"
Pros
Great opportunity for internal progression and promotion!
Cons
Typical day at work for most is office based and dealing with incoming inquiries for quotes and dealing with renewals of multiple types of policies. Extremely professional environment, and having worked at multiple offices the staff are positive and operate with a supportive 'hands on' approach from management. Management are always keen to promote from within and are interested in developing staff and recognising talent. A-Plan demand 100% application to your work and rely on a mixture of good initiative and being a good team player. By product of hard work, results are hit and the job becomes very enjoyable. You will be asked to work some Saturday mornings.
Cons
Working Saturday AM
A typical day at work starts with prioritising your work load e.g. Renewal contacts, processing renewals, taking calls from clients and providing advice or information regarding their enquiries, I learned how to find to best policies for clients with the various tools at our disposal. Using new computer systems, Management are very approachable and hands on with development Work place culture is of a very high standard extremely professional. Hardest part of the job was the commute Most enjoyable part the rapport with the clients and colleagues
Pros
Training development
Cons
I have worked for A-Plan for 18 years starting at the front counter working with motor and home insurance. During my career with A-Plan I have always been encouraged to think outside of the box and any new ideas discussed with my manager and developed where possible. I have progressed through various niche insurance teams and am now an assistant branch manager. I have always been happy to be at work and enjoyed each of my job roles that I have been in over the years. A-Plan only promotes from within when appointing their assistant managers and branch managers. This is good as your manager is always able to understand work levels, pressure and the job that each person is doing to provide support during the working week. I would recommend working for A-Plan to anyone looking for a good career with opportunities for progression.
Pros
Career progression, personal development, friendly working environment
In house progression with a great network of people helping you make the most of your career. A-Plan will help you get where you want to be within the company. It is a great place to learn and gain recognised qualifications within the industry of which A-Plan pay for and support you with. The culture is very friendly as we all work for each other and pull in the same direction to have a successful working day It is great to know that the majority of the higher management began life dealing with day to day clients so can relate to real life situations. A great place to work where a career can flourish. It is a pleasure to go to work.
Pros
Fair & honest company where the world is your oyster
Cons
None really
I started working for A-Plan in October last year. And currently work for the talent management team. Great place to work and strong leadership within the organisation. The team within Talent Management are great and we all work hard to support the branch network within A-Plan. There is a strong family ethic within the company which is nice to see and everyone is friendly within the organisation with a common goal to get what is right for the customer the training is superb and teams feel supported throughout their careers.
I have worked in a various roles, for numerous different organisations throughout my professional career. I have felt I am always looking for "that next step" or trying to identify how I can continue to learn and develop. At A-Plan, for the first time, I feel I am consistently afforded opportunities to stretch myself, with constant opportunities to develop my skills and knowledge. I started with the company in an entry level role, as an Insurance Consultant. This role had me understanding our clients needs, and recommending the best solution. I also engaged in the delivery of aftercare and service to clients who I had arranged policies for - which helped foster great job satisfaction. After 2 years with A-Plan, I was afforded the opportunity to work for our Group function as a Trainer. This role has allowed me to continue to develop my skills, and I am now able to influence the development of initiatives that impact the wider organisation, as well as other Insurance Consultants. I have found the culture refreshing compared to other large organisations in which I have been employed, and for the first time can say I genuinely enjoy my work. A-Plan very rarely recruit for senior roles externally, and almost always promote internally. With this approach, A-Plan is a great company in which to build a career. I hope to continue working with A-Plan for years to come, and can't speak highly enough of my experiences.
Pros
Career Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Poor communication in the business. The management take people for granted and have very poor organisation skills. Work Load isnt much but they seem to make a mountain out of a mole hill because of the lack of organisation
Cons
Management, Selfish
You are promised the world when you start but when it comes to it when you have proved yourself you receive nothing for your efforts ,only if you are female you will be rewarded.
  1. Employee reviews