A-TEC Ambulance, Inc.

A-TEC Ambulance, Inc. Reviews with Jobs

This was a toxic work environment. We were blessed with shift commanders who were very helpful.

I spent about a year there. After my interview, I felt they would better utilize my experience 17yrs in the transport nurse industry. Boy was I wrong. I should have stayed at my previous company with a long drive. People were openly respected and fed off each others strengths.

Pros

Uniforms and good equipment Good partners

Cons

Basically no clinical backup on related patient care issues, I got hung out to "dry", Upper middle management did not exhibit fairness in many issues.

A-Tec does not care about you unless you are upper management.

A-Tec does not care about you unless you are upper management. They treat their employees like they are just another body. I was also part of their “emt program” and they expect you to maintain a life outside of work, work full time, and teach yourself this class. If you have a family or any obligations outside of work, prepare to kiss them goodbye. I would honestly give 0 stars if I could.

9 August 2021
To this former Paratransit Employee, A-TEC does thank you for your response and we will work towards addressing and effectively making changes to your concerns. Thank you for time as always contributing to A-TEC.

Pay could be better but, overall it has been a great experience

The private EMS industry is no different than any other aspect of healthcare. The company has to make money. Even a fire dept. based EMS program has to make money even if they are supported by taxes. Like many others, I have worked at several private EMS agencies. Both for profit and not for profit. There is no difference. You are going to be busy, you are going to get off late, you are going to get treated like dirt sometimes by employees at hospitals, nursing homes, etc... You will need to sometimes get up at 3:00 in the morning to take a "medivan by ambulance" call. That's the industry! It will be the same regardless of the company you work for. A-TEC is a smaller private service than others and that is one of the things I like most. I don't feel lost in the mix. My successes are rewarded and my failures are addressed. None of the managers have lied to me, and the company has come through with everything they promised me in the interview. There is some overtime available but, the company won't allow you to work yourself to exhaustion. I think the pay for us Critical Care Paramedics could be better but, overall it is comparable to the other services I have worked for.

Pros

Good work/life balance

Cons

Sometimes short staffed

As good as it gets for an Ambulance Compu

Mostly worked 10-12 hour shifts. Many times because you don’t have time during your day to write transportation reports until the shift is over so you have to stay late to finish reports. You get calls back to back to back if you’re on a BLS ambo. Only time I felt like I could breathe was when I worked with a medic on an ALS ambulance. Coworkers were cold at first but ended up making a lot of “friends” there. Very nice group. Lots of turnovers due to new EMTs coming in and getting medic licenses and leaving to be Fire fighters. Nice place if you like being over worked and under paid. Also the training process is long asf, and the guy who does it is just wow

Pros

Traveled out of state, worked cool events, fun coworkers

Cons

Bad pay, over worked

Great Company to work for

Supportive management and opportunities for growth. Employer sponsored career advancing classes and certifications. Great stations for crew quarters with clean, sanitary environment.

Good entry-level experience

A-TEC will give you valuable experience in performing the hospital shuffle (discharge back to the nursing home). Their Critical Care program is just that, a program. Call Superior if you need anything other than Heparin or Nitro transported.

13 April 2021
Your time with A-TEC was so valuable and much appreciated! Your thoughts and considerations will be taken very seriously. Best to you!Human Resources

Great company but not flexible with school.

I worked at this company back in 2015. They require everyone to start off as fulltime which was fine at first, but ended up becoming an issue with going to school fulltime and scheduling classes. I asked to go part time and was told I would have to wait a month for them to have their regular meeting to determine if I could make the switch. Unfortunately, I was in a program at college where you only had 2 weeks to schedule your class. Because I couldn't get a direct answer as if I would be able to change my schedule I was forced to resign to prioritize school. Company likes to invest a lot of money in new vehicle and equipment for their ambulance. Often times when I was working on the medivans we were missing supplies and management never got replacement for us. They stack you with a bunch of calls and often forget to account for dropping off or picking up the patient. Often you would be assigned to pick up client at x time and have barely enough time to get the patient and leave in order to make their appointment. For example you would get someone at 4 to take them to a 430 appointment that 30 minutes sway. This left you rushed to get the job done. Dispatch was amazing. It for some reasons you didn't feel comfortable doing a call they would work with you to possibly reassign it. However, despite having a set call list at the beginning of your shift, they were constantly changing your calls. Oftentimes they would text you to one call then a few minutes later text you another call without telling you that they canceled the first one. Most of us had to rely on our phones -

Pros

Free uniforms, paid paramedic school, dispatchers willing to reassign calls if you didn't feel comfortable doing one.

Cons

Continuity education only at some stations

16 January 2020
So very grateful for your time and responses. A-TEC places a high value on all our employees and the diffents seasons of life you're going thru. Our standards are always at the highest of levels and look forward to continued engagement as a team.

Proactive Environment

Working for A-tec over the years has been a very enjoyable experience. I worked on an ambulance for a few years and then moved into dispatch. I honestly can say the only bad experience I’ve had here was with a bad manager in the dispatch office, however they were let go and new management is amazing and flexible within reason. Throughout the past few years this company as actively worked towards improving the business and it truly shows. Management has become a stronger team than ever before and chances for advancement have increased for all employees. A-tec currently offers an orientation class for all new hires to familiarize them with the company and how all operations run, this provides a safe environment to learn and ask questions before being sent off on their own. We have an open-door policy at A-tec, with multiple managers, so the work environment is friendly and approachable. Atec also offers benefits to employees, such as insurance coverage and 401-K! They also offer EMT-B class, Paramedic class, and Critical Care class for those who which to take their careers to the next step. We work as a team here; dispatch cannot do their job without the crews on the road working hard and doing theirs. Apply yourself and it will not go unnoticed.

13 April 2021
Thank you so much for your time and effort in submitting your experience with A-TEC Ambulance. This is encouraging, and we will continue to provide great care for our employees and patients. It is important to ATEC to encourage, coach, guide and aid our staff to help them get to the best efforts they possibly can. You are very much appreciated!Human Resources

Run. Run far away

I spent years at ATEC. It wasn't bad at first, but they promote the wrong people and only care about profit. You will never feel safe and secure in your job. The cut all overtime. They had a sexist jerk who liked to make new EMTs cry working as an FTO! EMS coordinator lies to you and doesnt understand protocols.

Pros

Close to my house, got through medic school, pay is higher than most places

Cons

No breaks, Extreme micromanagment, incompetent dispatchers, EMS coordinator is a hazard to your license

16 January 2020
Your time and comments are appreciated and disappointing. Unfortunate we didn't have a chance to discuss and work thru your concerns, but trust you have been heard, and efforts are made in the future to be better.

You don't want to work here

Unless you want to find out what it is like to work for a horrible company who could care less about you. Boring. You will probably regret working here.

Pros

most of the field personel

Cons

management

10 September 2018
A-TEC does appreciate your feedback and your service. We will continue to work hard to understand, support and develop all our staff and their needs.A-TEC Ambulance, Inc.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at A-TEC Ambulance, Inc.?

Good company

Good calls, great pay. My manager was great to work with. If youre good, then theyll be good to you. Good experience with calls and other medics. Orientation was a great experience

Pros

Good experience

Cons

No 401K

Great Company to work for!!!

Wonderful, caring place to work. Management is very supportive, flexible with your schedule regarding issues with family or self. Always an open door policy, work environment safe, friendly, caring. Chance for advancement and schooling for the Medical staff. We are all recognized on EMS week, lunches, etc. We have a yearly company sponsored Holiday Party at a very nice venue,not many company's do that anymore. I am a firm believer what you give to a company, a job, your co-workers you will get back and more. This company has exceeded my expectations. Where else can you work that the owner of the company walks through all the departments of the company daily and shakes your hand, tells you a joke or two and genuinely thanks you for you service!

Pros

Supportive management, clean safe work environment & advancement opportunities.

Cons

Would like a 401-K Plan

Really bad Ambulance company!

Holdovers, bad & incompetent people. Management was horrible, billing person in charge trying to coherce people into committing Medicare/care fraud. Telling people to write in or remove the narrative on the patient or cover forms that would get the run kicked out from reimbursement from the feds or State (don't worry the FBI has the info).

Pros

Uniforms

Cons

A lot! Too many to speak of here!!

Not worth it.

A lot of paperwork and petty issues for what you make. They don't give much of a pay bump even if you come in with experience. Full-time did offer insurance but it was extremely expensive and the coverage was minimal. Constantly getting off late even though I was on a BLS rig. Rigs are constantly breaking down or having some sort of issue. Company only cares about money and getting as many runs in a day as they can. It's a fine place to start if you just got your license and you have no other options to get experience, don't get stuck there. If you plan on going to school, be careful, when hired they will tell you they offer flexible schedules but when classes start they make it very difficult to change your schedule.

Pros

Decent co-workers

Cons

Everything else.

Company with Integrity and Great People!

I am in charge of the marketing for A-TEC and cannot say enough good things about this establishment. Every person I have to interact with on a daily basis was helpful and genuinely caring. The company is very keen on employee satisfaction and it is evident in everything that they do. I can see myself working with A-TEC for a long time!

Pros

Great pay, great coworkers, Great Upper management

Company Promotes From Within

Love working for a company that promotes from within. They provided me with paid training to help me move up the ranks. The flexible work schedule is great just needs to find people to cover for you when needed. Very good pay hard work

Pros

Promotes From Within and high rate of pay

Review of A-Tec

A-Tec is a company that was not mentally stimulating for a prior 911 emergency paramedic. The hours available were poor and low paying. Management did not care about crew moral or health.

Pros

high rate of pay compared to actual productive hours

Cons

boring, unsafe working conditions, poor hours, poor equipment

Always a pleasure working.

Going into work was always pleasurable. Dispatching ambulances and medivans was always fast paced and interesting. I learned how to maneuver calls on a CAD grid, also ways to prioritize my work.

Pros

relaxed environment.

Cons

no breaks.

Not best company to work for.

Pay is above average. For insurance, premiums are high, insurance is not good. They don't give you PTO for a year, then you only get 40 hours. Employees are at free range due to lack of management.

Pros

Pay is above average.

Cons

No PTO for a year, then only get 40 hours a year. Insurance premiums are high for not good insurance. Not well managed

dont work for them

this company takes advantage of new and young emt's to advance itself and then will fire you whenever it is convenient. they don't care what's happeing in your life so don't ask for any time off unless you have paid vacation or can't find someone to work for you. They expect you to work in dangerous road conditions (there were paratransit drivers driving in towns where tornadoes had touched down) this company only cares about the bottom line. On top of that it's a who you know company where you are showed favoritism depending on who you know or who you're related to.

Pros

good co workers below management

Cons

everyone management and above

abysmal working conditions and uncaring management

Everyone from shift command up doesn't care what's happening in your life. If you need time off for a wedding or a funeral you have to find coverage and if you cant you are out of luck. You are expected to work even when seriously ill and if you call in anyway they make you pay for it in some way. Everyone below the management level is wonderful and understanding and willing to help with anything you need.

Pros

good co workers

Cons

everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A-TEC Ambulance, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement