A Better Way

A Better Way: 25 Employee Reviews

Management is great, co-workers are amazing, and the work is rewarding. Lots of training and professional development available. Supervisors always helpful and willing to listen

Pros

The kids and coworkers I worked with, the company as a whole

Cons

Confusion with the contract for my position with the county

Creative, Intelligent Environment Hampered by Management Issues

When I started I had about 6 supervisees, which climbed up to 8 very rapidly. The workload was manageable, until the demands of the job changed and I was expected to carry a caseload as well as my role as supervisor. There was tremendous turnover in the management of my clinic, which was chaotic and obstructed our work. Since I left I heard that this has somewhat stabilized. I was allowed to utilize my own strengths in supervision, and develop trainings, which I really enjoyed. I had a great relationship with my team, and that sustained me for awhile.The work is complex and layered, particularly the family reunification cases. Overall, I enjoyed it until the demands became too extreme.

Pros

Great colleagues, many trainings available, interesting and challenging work.

Cons

Poor communication from upper management, constantly changing expectations and role definitions.

Productivity Expectations are more important than hard work

Agency values productivity and billing to receive pay from the County over the actual hard work and effort of their employees. If the circumstances they provide does not give you enough clients to reasonably and fairly meet productivity quotas, it doesn't matter. You will be held accountable and disciplined

Pros

Pay is better than most non-profit organization

Cons

Hard work not valued, school based therapist use personal PTO for Holidays and school breaks including Summer Break.

Provides essential services.

Provides essential and valuable service within the community. People work together for a common goal. I was able to learn and grow in this position.

Great

I was a great company to work for would recommend anyone to do business with their company. Defiantly a good company to use they will take care of all your moving needs

Best company I’ve worked for

Love my job so very much. Always encouraging me to do the best I can and helping me succeed. They are understanding and very professional. Are able to allow their employees to take the time they need to ensure they and their families are happy and healthy

Opportunity to use and develop talents!

Tremendous opportunity for anyone wanting to make a difference in the lives of others or to improve the local and national; protocols, laws, and standards.

Pros

Opportunities to work with other like minded, high caliber individuals.

Cons

Not a place for lazy minded people.

This place should be shut down

Forced to sell cars that were in floods and accidents!! Lie to customers . DO NOT WORK THERE! it’s only matter of time they will be forced to closed..

Great people and culture is warm and accommodating. I am looking to get back to Immigration as the climate of the country has changed for immigrants and would love to aid them. This is the reason for changing direction in my professional field. A Better Way, Inc. would be a great to work for someone with Mental Health Background unfortunately was not something that grab my complete interest and passion.

Autonomy, growth, heartfelt work space

Training, thoughtful approach to clinical work, family centered, heavy on quality and opportunity to work with caring, dedicated professionals. Opportunities for advancement are plentiful and there's lot of support to develop your dreams and career path.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at A Better Way?

세계 최고의 다국적 기업 중 하나였음

Respect for individual Multi-national corporate culture Customer oriented company

Pros

자율성

Cons

개인주의 문화

ok

The company was a very good experience to work in I was able to learn new skills and I was able to grow and was able to work as a team. hopefully I can use what I learned in another job.

High stress and mentally exhausting

Poor management and communications throughout the structure, more case management due to no true set regulations on individually helping clients in meeting them where they are.

Student Volunteer

Volunteer with Today's Black Women at Ball State University, was very fun and interactive, got to meet some of the residents as well as help clean up the area

Amazing place to work!

Because of A Better Way, I was able to advance my career that no other place allowed. An incredible place to work, great benefits, supportive management, and family style approach. I miss it everyday!

Productive fun place to work

ARS offers services to high risk families that are being evaluated by Family and Children services in Alameda County. A lot of on site training and hands on experience. Great place to work!

Best place ever to work.

My time at A Better Way of Miami was the best time of my life. Even though I was not paid much, and did not get much hours, I still enjoyed helping the residents that lived there.

Productive workplace. Great learning enviornment

This was a great place to work. I gather my hours for MFT licensure. I would highly recommend working there if someone is working towards licensure for the MFT or LCSW

Great job, but stressful

Pros: Great clients, great experience, amazing co-workers, good support in training and supervision. Cons: lots of driving, difficult to advance, billing pressure.

Productive and supportive environment

Excellent non-profit with great training options. Very positive workplace and great professional colleagues. Diverse professional opportunities and validating management style.

Pros

Training

Cons

stressful environment in some settings

Productive and fun place to work

Competitive and fun place to work. Great clinical experience. If needing clinical hours and supervision this would be a great start. If you enjoy working with children this would be a rewarding experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A Better Way. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • A Better Way
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?