A Caring Alternative, LLC

A Caring Alternative, LLC Employee Reviews with Jobs

Great resource to the community

ACA is a good place to work and offers a fair bit of flexibility. There is room to grow or ability to switch departments. Benefits are ok. PTO grows the longer you are with the company. The CEO really cares about the community and staff.

Pros

Great support

Cons

No transparency in salary ranges

Values Based

Community mental health is hard work and isn’t for everyone. For those that are drawn to the field will find A caring alternative doing its best to promote exceptional service delivery with a work life balance for the employee.

Pros

Very flexible work

Cons

Community mental health

Fun and productive

Awesome company to work for filled with many other coworkers dedicated to the mission. They invested in my career growth as well leading me to higher position within other companies upon my departure.

Great Place to work

I am completely happy with my working environment. I work with professionals that respect me as a person and deliver high quality customer service to all the stakeholders they support.

Loved working here

Absolutely hands down the best job ever. Loved the clients, management had your back if ever a problem arose. Room for advancement. Could be stressful at times, but very rewarding job.

Pros

Clients, management, co workers

Some great coworkers. Administration incompetent. More interested in company profits than quality of care for clients or staff.

Poor administration. Leaders promoted due to friendships not skillset. Support staff very helpful however clinical administration lacking in skills. Productivity numbers unreasonable

Counseling Intern

Very happy with the variety of experiences that I have been able to pursue and the flexibility that this company offers regarding my paying job balancing with being a full time student and intern.

Opt

ACA is an agency in Morganton, NC offering a variety of services to the community. Outpatient therapy to 4 years old and up, school based therapy, intensive in-home, therapeutic foster care, CTI, CST and ACTT.

Pros

Variety of services

Cons

Lack of communication

Overall a great place to work

Great place to work. The leaders are great, understanding and willing to work with you on whatever issues you may have. Everyone was supportive and a team player. I would go back to work for this agency.

Pros

Very supportive, everyone believes in team work

Cons

Mileage, personal use of cars

Great place to work.

I have been working at A caring Alternative for approximately seven years.. I am grateful for the opportunities that I have been given there. I was supported by a positive peer culture while I worked 40 hours a week and completed my Masters degree and internship.

productive and fun workplace

Excellent Company to work for with great benefits. I would return to work for them anytime because it's a very professional workplace. I enjoyed working with staff and consumers.

Well-intentioned

The company has it's heart in the right areas but does not give support to certain divisions. Most employees are tired, over-worked and not compensated well enough for the daily stress.

Pros

Working with children

Cons

Have to make up hours even when children are not in school.

No management

Lacked management and supervision. Many left to figure out jobs and then little accountability for those who did not do their job. Always in a money crisis

Zero support

Worked day treatment for middle school, lack of support from supervisors, poor communication from supervisors. Work load was unmanageable and expectations were outside the scope of pay. They want you to essentially work two jobs (behavioral specialist/interventions plus case management

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Company doesn't support its employees and pay isn't worth it

Summary

poor management; poor communication among all employees; poor quality training; "bullying" techniques by managers; too many leaders, managers & directors

Pros

encourage work/home balance, benefits

Cons

use of personal vehicle, use of personal cell phone, required max insurance on personal vehicle, encouraged self-care but didn't take care of employees' mental health

My interview at ACA

I interviewed with this company for an Individual Support position. I was very excited and show up 15-20 minutes early. however had to wait 45minutes to an hour to actually be brought into my interview. By the time they came and got me out of the waiting room I was about ready to walk out. When I finally met the manager and assistant I realized I had been hearing them in the kitchen goofing off with their staff while I was waiting. Even after they were told I was in the room waiting. The manager seemed in a confused state of mind, as if he had forgot about our appointment. As disappointing as that was, I still stayed for the interview with a smile on my face, but I should not have. During my interview the manager told me he was interviewing multiple people for the position, which is fine, but then went on to mention the previous candidate multiple times to his assistant during MY interview and point out qualities that she had that I didn’t. Can you say RUDE and unprofessional. One of the most discouraging moments ever experienced. Also, anytime I decided to call the manager to check in on the hiring process, he was very confused and acted like he didn’t know what I was talking about. I gave 2 stars because as I love the company’s mission and what they are doing unfortunately it seemed to be under poor management, (at least the interviewing part of it.)

Productive and enjoyable workplace

The supports are wonderful and the clients even more so. It was such a joy getting to work with everyone and to assist the clients with their needs. I've never had a job that was so fulfilling in my life. If you're the type of person who loves to help others and encourage them to live their best life this is the job for you!!!

A ggod company to work for

Good environment, flexible working schedule with work and home. Pay needs adjusted for cost of living, travel reimbursement amount was lower than average.

Pros

flexable hours

Cons

pay

Overall a great place to work

ACA is a good place to work. People care about others and the mission of supporting the community drives the overall focus. They also value their staff and work hard to help them maintain a positive outlook.

Pros

Flexible schedules for most staff. Tries to promote work life balance and values staff.

Cons

Mentally taxing work, long hours, crisis calls

Very relaxed work environment

At A Caring Alternative I provided my clients with the best care. I built a relationship with all of them. I cared for them my preparation of meals, housekeeping, entertainment such as arts and crafts, trips to the park and stores. I changed soiled linens and ensured that my clients were happy and all their needs were filled.

Pros

Ability to travel

My thoughts on ACA

Management could have been more understanding and open to listening to ideas. Not much room for advancement without being in the "know". Enjoyed helping clients

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A Caring Alternative, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement