A Caring Hand

A Caring Hand Reviews with Jobs

The most enjoyable part of the job

Working With All Different Types Of People And Learning So Many New Ways To Do Things. Even Learning About New Cultures And Traditions From The Clients You Working For.

Love A Caring Hand Home Health Care

Never have I worked for a more Extremely caring staff! It’s such a pleasure working for people in the community! Everyday you feel like you’ve better yourself and or others

Insights into A Caring Hand

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Year's of experience needed

I only cared for my mother at the time I really needed help around the house my mom didn't want anyone in her home so there for caring hand asked me if I wanted to come abord join the team and get paid while caring! Absolutely I just moved to Boise to help and thought this would be great I have mentioned once my mom passed away I will be leaving it appears they have forgotten.

I love what i do

I love working with the residents and getting to know them. They are great they help with emergency that come up they take care of the clients if something happens

Needs improvement on some things

The electronic check in app still has glitches that needs fixing. The health care benefits needs improvements do to co-pays that some of us can not afford.

Clients are wonderful but the Management not so much

I absolutely love my job and clients but the management is very poor here. The office does not care about the caregivers that are making them their money and I feel like the caregivers are the most important part next to the people we are caring for, without these two parts you wouldn’t have a company. We get no paid time off no benefits but the people that work in the office do...it’s kinda sad. Also the people in the office treat the caregivers like we are second class citizens.

Not a good job

The management here have no communication skills. They blame everything on the CNA/Caregiver and take zero responsibility for anything. They are also extremely unprofessional. Their office staff also changes every day so it's hard to keep track of who is in what position.

Pros

Flexable schedule

Cons

No benefits offered

Too many administration changes.

Not enough support for the Schedulers position. Most of the weight of the company falls to the Scheduler without support from the administrator. Scheduling has the on call phone 24-7 with no compensation. I believe the company has sold since I quit.

Cons

Schedulers have the on call phone 24-7.

No one in the office respects you.

Everyone in the office scheduling you has no experience in assisted living or dementia care. They don’t listen when you talk to them and they all act like they are better than you.

Pros

The clients are the only thing good about this company.

Cons

Everything.

Productive place to work with a lot of benefits and awesome employers

I love working here because we get to choose our own schedule and that's really nice when you have to go to school. They also try to get you more or less hours for that week. The bosses are fantastic and super nice as well.

Good Start to view how medical field will be

If you are interested to be an CNA or Medical Assistant, this job will give you hands on work and help you have experience so you may get hire to hospital/clinic facilities. You will need to be open with your schedule and willing to help other people schedule if they are being inattentive. These people are in need of care and you will need to be attentive to their care. It can be overwhelming but it is a rewarding job. I left due to constant change to managements and it not easy for them to keep up with the employee, so you may not get much recognition to your position.

Pros

willing to work with your schedule, helping others, have programs to help you get CNA, and MA

Cons

constant change of Managements

Great Company to work for

A fantastic company with a knack for making you feel like your at home rather than work. Positive, upbeat environment. Supportive of employees in ways that truly matter. Treats employees with respect and love. The clients are treated like family.

Not a good place to work

They make you feel like you are going to have a flexible schedule and then once you start they burn you out! They are friendly until you can cover shifts for them! I loved the clients but the management was a joke. I had so many complaints from my clients!

fun workplace

I was at work one day,when i was called from the office that i won an excellent worker award.I learned that,whatever we do in life as humans,we have to do it well.The most enjoyable part of the job is when they throw a party every occasion.

Pros

free gift card on occasions

Cons

short breaks..

Great working a job making a difference in people’s lives

My job was to go into the homes of clients to help with bathing, cooking, light housekeeping and generally assist with their needs. The clients were always nice. Office staff were always friendly. Communication was great. I always felt appreciated for my work. It always felt good to know at the end of a hard work day that I made a difference and helped someone today. The plus was getting paid for it. I would recommend to anyone looking for a great job to work for A Caring Hand.

lack of management

I would go to a client and find out they cancelled and no one called me this has happened too many times they would schedule me to work with new clients and not tell me.

Positive office atmosphere,family oriented

I Enjoyed my time with the agency. The Office environment is always positive even through busy,stressful times. Clients and staff are treated well. Agency has an upstanding reputation in the Magic Valley and our laying areas.

Pros

Benefits, Sense of accomplishment, skill building

Cons

Time consuming

You can work as much or little as you want.

Very hectic. Have to have good time management skills. Someone's life could depend on you. Being reliable is a must. if you plan on taking a day off you have to know like a month in advance.

Pros

You can make your own schedule.

Cons

ware and tare on youe vehichle.

Decent people to work for

Great company to work for, they pay higher than most heath companies. Communication goes along way & they respond well to their caregivers needs.. they stay within your travel area

Amazing clients to care for. Great communication between employer amd employees.

I really enjoyed working for this company. My clients were awesome and great to care for. I was compensated fairly for my time i worked. Overall a great job!

Pros

Great clients, good pay

Cons

No breaks or lunches, graveyard shifts

Needed more clients

More organization, communication and resources I was required to do more than CNA work like cleaning bathrooms and vacuuming like a personal maid, doing laundry and at times was not provided with proper supplies I only received 10 hrs. a week in the middle of the day for 2 hrs. five day a week which in inconvenienced me for doing other things and was not sufficient enough to provide a adequate source of income

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A Caring Hand. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement