A Change in Trajectory

A Change in Trajectory Employee Reviews

Great starting job but don’t get payed enough.

Depends who your PC’s are you can learn a lot; and some are very supportive. However, I think the pay could be increased because some cases are a lot of workload

Fulfilling and grateful

It was a great place to work the short time I was there. I learned a lot and everyone was friendly and willing to help when needed. The training process was well informed and easy to follow.

Inconsistent hours

The pay doesn’t matter because you barely have hours it’s always cancellations . It’s a rewarding experience for someone young and in school . It’s not too bad .

Great job in the field of child development

It would be great if they matched 401k. There are benefits as long as you work the minimum hours in a week period. Overall, very rewarding population to work.

Being a clinician is great, being an employee is a nightmare.

The opportunity to provide care to families is very rewarding, and collaboration among clinicians is strong. The company culture is toxic and management is absolutely awful. Complete absence of leadership at the top.

Awful

Look elsewhere. The supervisors act like children and give no guidance. The training is very minimal and you teach yourself as you go. My first case was scary because I literally Had no idea what I was Doing.

the work culture was kind of meh

overall it wasn’t a bad place to work, but they expect a lot from you. we do get trained, but it’s all very clinical. the in-person training was minimal, and honestly i felt rather plunged into fieldwork. the turnover is pretty bad because the job itself is not the best or most rewarding. it feels very strange to be telling kids not to express themselves in ways they feel comfortable doing — for example, we were supposed to train self-stimulatory behavior (aka stimming, which most commonly includes hand flapping, but can also manifest in other ways) out of the kids. it was really very strange — stimming is quite helpful in regulating autistic people’s nervous system and emotions. my case worker for one of my “consumers” had me try to force this young, speechless boy into talking. it was heartbreaking honestly.

Pros

decent pay

Cons

toxic work environment

can do better

The homes are supposed to be inspected before a BI is placed, but i was still put into homes that had roaches and no space to work. Not all supervisors work the same, some you only see once and some others support you and check in on you during your therapy sessions

Fun workplace

Flexible schedule good pt position. Makes easy to maintain work/life balance. Most management/supervisors are helpful. But some don’t like to teach.

Pros

Work with kids

Cons

Supervisors with bad attitude who don’t want to teach

Where do I start …

This company is very rewarding when it comes to working with children with autism. Watching them grow, learn and become more independent is very rewarding. Being a part of this growth and seeing how much the families appreciate you will always be the most rewarding part of this job. Being a part of this team not as much. Unless you become close friend with the supervisors or BCBAs or have a lot of experience your case load won’t be as big and they won’t consider you for new cases. The pay is good overall and they get you excited about travel and the benefits (how much they pay a mile and the time you take to drive), yet they schedule you to where you don’t qualify for travel. They tell you they offer benefits but they won’t schedule you enough hours to qualify for the benefits. I heard of an employee who got hurt on the job and two years in they haven’t done much to help with this individual’s injury that needs surgery. Some of the supervisors are great at giving constructive criticism yet others make you feel dumb when giving it, worst part is that sometimes it is in front of families. They expect you to not become “too close” and engage in conversations with the families yet the supervisors do just that. As a behavior instructor you won’t be shown appreciation. They have “holiday parties” but it’s actually a meeting and they give out like 4 $5 gift cards for games they do throughout the meeting. If you are in management, supervisor or BCBA you will get to participate in a huge company party with all the other office in LA, that comes with a lot of perks. They also celebrate -

Stressful work environment

Had little to almost no support/guidance on some cases and some of the administrative staff had attitudes. Made it really hard to seek help or develop within the workplace/field. To this day I still don’t know what I was doing besides hanging out with the kids. There was also no safety protocol/training when dealing w aggressive clients.

Doesn't really care about their BI's

They have a revolving door attitude towards their BI's. Not interested in providing enough hours to really make this a job you can depend on to pay your bills.

Pros

Case supervisors were good to work with

Cons

lack of stability with schedule. Too much driving.

Makes a difference

They have so much to offer the community. There are lots of children with need and ACT is able to step into these kids lives and figure out what makes them tick.

Pros

Great pay

Fun job - wish I negotiated my pay more

ACT is a great place to work at- they offer the median pay for this type of job. Management is great and supervisors are there for support as long as you ask for it.

Pros

supply PPE and some materials

Cons

no 401k matching

Great Place if you enjoy kids

The job overall is alright. Some things can be fixed such as scheduling, the sense of belonging, pay rate, and explanations of cases before going into home.

Pros

Great Job to get your foot in the door

Cons

Scheduling, pay rate, cancellations, and lack of informatio

Fun at times

Can be stressful but its fulfilling. Managers care about my wellbeing and status. A Little hard to move up and hours aren't always guranteed, but that is just because of the clients usually.

Team work is excellent but little pay

Overall it was a good experience working with the families. All of the families and clients were very nice. Team work and supportive supervisors were there if there was a problem which is a good thing in this line of work. The only bad thing is there was a lot of broken promises of promotion and a pay raise was not able when earning a higher education. The pay is very little compared to other places.

Pros

Good communication, team work, and supportive supervisors

Cons

Little pay, less hours, no opportunity to move up or a pay raise

Good place for a part-time job

The best part is that you get to choose exactly the hours to work. There are enough cases to assign to everyone. I got lucky to work with the best PCs, who taught me a lot and had both the time and dedication to explain everything, no matter how simple or complex it could be.I would say the downside is that there are many supervisors who do not care about the kids, but rather just want to feel like they are in some kind of superior level. This is just a matter of luck, so there is no way to know what kind of supervisor you will get. Hopefully, at some point someone will notice and give them the proper feedback.For the area, I thought the pay was decent.

Pros

Decent pay, many cases, flexibility, support from training coordinator and some managers

Cons

Some not so great PCs that do not seem to care

Very Flexible, great for an evening job

I love working here. It is my second job. There can be cancellations that can impact your weekly hours. However, job is very flexible and a lot of opportunity to get more cases. PCs do what they can and will help you when needed. Pay is not bad but can be better.

Pros

Flexible, Rewarding work

Cons

Cancellations can affect hours

Lots to learn from, but plenty to endure

Supervisors are helpful and there are opportunities for advancement. The kids are great depending on what cases you get. On the downside, they throw you into extreme cases too quickly when you’re less than amonth in. During the hiring process, they tell you things at the last minute and expect you to complete a requirement within very little time. Not to mention the driving can be a hassle at times.

Pros

Great kids, supportive staff, room for advancement

Cons

Long drives, lack of more training, some disorganization, and lack of more help if you’re assigned extreme cases.

Good for experience NOT for growth

I would like to start off by saying I LOVE working with the kiddos. They are the reason why I enjoy what I do but some departments don't know how to communicate. On one side I have PCs and LPCs who are truly there for you but on the other side we have PCs and LPCs who only look out for their friends instead of being fair. With covid I understand that cuts have to be made but the way they are doing it isn't right. They only want to pay the bare minimum but want you to work at full capacity. They need to treat their workers better! The only reason why I stayed as long as I did was because of my LPC if more LPC's were like mine then more people would enjoy working here but the OWNER is only looking out for herself which sucks if you aren't someone important to her. If you are just looking for experience then this is a good place to get it but make if you want to grow then find a better place.

Pros

Experience

Cons

Hours, favoritism, milage overworked

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A Change in Trajectory. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • A Change in Trajectory
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?