A Cut Above The Rest

A Cut Above The Rest Employee Reviews

gardening & landscaping

a typical day at work would just be gardening and landscaping, going round to do fencing jobs and grass cuts, my co-worker was my father he was the owner of the company.

Pros

fun job

A typical day at work

Great place, lovely customers. Unfortunately it can become quiet and busy, depending on the clients needs you can get over booked. Always a smilling face.

A very positive experience

I was able to complete the jobs and work around my school schedule. I really enjoyed working outdoors. Highly recommend as a summer job. Pay would depend on how many accounts i would set up & maintain.

It was a great place to learn new things

A Cut Above The Rest gave me a lot of opportunity’s that I hope I can use in the future and into my future jobs, the workers there gave me a lot of tips and showed me so on what it takes to own a business and how to work with a lot of customers and new peo

Commission

If you enjoy what you do it's a good place to start.commision isn't the best way to get ahead. Ladies are friendly, clients are great and I will continue to work on the new upcoming haircuts,color and styles. .

Be your own boos

Being a barber at this Barber Shop you set your own hours you charge the base pay of the shop a little more or a little less it's all up to you fun environment people in and out of all walks of life great job

Everybody is polite and well manured

Everybody understands when you need a break and nobody rushes nobody everybody helps eachother it is a very hard but fun job i can say where you have fun atleast

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Short breaks and no health care

great small business

This a wonderful small in home business, it is an ideal place for people to come to feel at home and be treated like family. You will always leave feeling beautiful and well taken care of.

I was the single owner of the beauty salon

This hair salon was a project of mine for over 10 yrs in my mind. It is located in Tiffin, Ohio. A small salon with 4 stylists that occupied their own chairs. In the time of my ownership, I provided a nail technician and an assistant to the additional operation of the 2 tanning bed schedules as well as salon appointment scheduling. The salon is presently operating by ownership of another successful Stylist

Owning my own business was off the chain. An amazing expierence

Owning my own business was very rewarding sometimes insanely challenging but over all the heart warming experiences were nothing short of an expedition to Everest

Pros

Having the final decisions of what happens at all times

Cons

Being directly responsible for any actions of an employee or for any accidents on the job

boring

working in the barber shop was not fun at all. all I did all day was clean and sweep floors apart from that not much all. the hardest part of the job would be remaining calm when customer are not polite.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

boring

Great

Well as I was the owner of A Cut Above the Rest I think that it was a great business, I took of something my grandmother founded and I took it to heart. However unfortunately I had to close my business due to not enough overhead to keep the shop running. I do still perform all of the tasks in the shop at my home when my regular clients call upon me to give them a service.

Pros

Meeting new people making them look and feel beautiful

Cons

had to close couldn't afford to keep the business afloat

Not enough work no taxes in place

Need taxes taken out looking for stable work environment with benefits. Trying to start new businesses but lacks push only enough work to get from payday to payday.crew small and counts himself and son as part of crew but they hardly work. Big thing is no taxes taken out and they haven't given me any w-2 to file my taxes.

Pros

Know the crew

Cons

No benifits or advancements

Productive work invironment .

Great place to be employeed. Stylist are always learning new techniques. Fun atmosphere. Learned skills such as sales , product education . Classes upon request . A stepping stone for a new stylist in the business. If your eager to learn the salon industry , you'll learn it at a small salin .

Pros

Always learning.

Cons

Salery isnt neg.

like family

fun place to work meet new people everyday always something new to learn.works as a team clean enviorment well stock products

Pros

all work well together

Cons

no breaks no healyh ins

a great place to work at

very nice people to work with.love the job. the customer was always nice.very good pay.work work. management was great.co.workers was excellent to work with.

Pros

lunch was all on time

Cons

good time

An uplifting and rewarding job that is both inspirational and fullfilling

A day at work really does not feel like "work". Being able to help people look their optimal while coloring, cutting or simply styling their hair, is a rewarding experience daily. I have worked at A Cut Above the Rest Salon and Spa for over 21 years and have found it to be an enjoyable profession that has taught me time management, self control, patience, communication skills, positive and personal interactions with the public all while staying focused on the clients needs and services provided. The leader of our team is the utmost exceptional as she not only owns and operates our salon and has for over 22 years but also brings respect and professionalism that is needed in managing a team of over 18 women. My co-workers have become my family with 7 of us having worked together for over 21 years our rapport has been optimal and does not go un-noticed by our clients. The hardest part of my job would be the loss of a client through death or relocation, as our clients become our family and I take great honor in having them in my life. Another hard part about my profession would have to be the inconsistency of pay, since I work on commission and have no benefits either. However, I get to go into a place of work with the least amount of stress any job could offer and be surrounded by incredible people daily all while helping other feel good on the outside as well as the inside since many of our clients use this time to confide in us.

Pros

Positive enviroment

Cons

No benefits, ie:health & retirement

Challenging, rewarding.

I enjoy working with people. I find each job rewarding if your willing to give 100%. Whether having the opportunity to design, drive,or solve problems. Life is what you make it. God bless.

Pros

Completing my task in a timely manner

Cons

Looking forward to my next task.

fun place to work at times

i would start off by checking each work station to see what each needed. a meeting was held every morning to discuss each persons daily goals and i would do my best to help every one reach them.

Pros

picked up on healthy hair care

Cons

people not wanting to pay for my services

A relaxing upscale salon that cater's to your needs

As the owner and stylist of the salon, it is a fun place ti make a very good living and gain skill for management in future indevors.

Pros

this position is very gainful emloyment, very relaxed professional atmosphere

Cons

health care is about the only con to this job for my staff are self-employed.

A job where my I felt very welcomed and appreciated.

I would greet customers and take care of inventory and stock. I cleaned as needed. Took in customers payments and disbursed cash to them. I also balanced a cash drawer. My co-workers were very warm and approachable and if I needed help with something or they needed help with something we could always depend on each other.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A Cut Above The Rest. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement