A Cut Above

A Cut Above Employee Reviews

United Kingdom9 reviews

I enjoyed working here as it helped me gain team working skills. I learned lots from this including good communication skills. I would recommend working here.

hairdressing

I went to do my level 3 apprenticeship and i wasnt learning anything all i did was sweep the floor wash clients hair and go and get lunch for the rest of the staff. I didnt learn anything while i was there. I use to turn up for work and they would turn me way without any warning when i had to travel by bus and spent money on bus fair also they totally knocked my confidence.

Insights into A Cut Above

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

I liked it

I found that I didn’t have many tasks to carry out and was expected to be busy at all times. I learned the value of money and what it takes to keep a business running.

My first managerial role

A great start to my career and a steep learning curve on management styles and execution. A very supportive owner who helped to guid me to success at the salon.

Busy salon

Busy salon, long hours and not much chance to progress. Older clientele and staff not open to new ideas.All staff have been there a long time so a bit set in their ways!

company owner

we carried out all types of landscape work and general garden services. everyday was different and we and a good team. I was also in charge of the daily running of the business and the marketing side to.

Pros

growing company

Cons

Productive and constructive business.

Training was excellent, each member of staff was treated differently accordingly.

Unpleasant Workplace

The staff and management within this workplace were unpleasant to work with. I felt out of place and as if I was made to feel like the outsider.

A fun place to work.

The day was always busy making customers feel good.My staff were good workers. The best part were the customers.

Pros

I could decide what went on.

Cons

Was all the paperwork involved with owning your own business.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A Cut Above. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • A Cut Above
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?