A First Name Basis

A First Name Basis Employee Reviews

Supportive work environment!

I have staffing coordinator for 3 years now and I love my job! The environment in the staffing office is inclusive and you really feel apart of the team. The Staffing manager really takes the time to get to know you and pushes you to reach goals in a helpful way. You are treated with respect and get to eat free snacks! The job can be stressful at times but with the right team it makes everything better!

Pros

Flexible schedule, Pto, great environment

Majority of their clients are aggressive

The pay is horrible and there is no work close to you. They never let clients know you are coming to work with them. Bad communication. If there is an emergency on the job you will not be able to reach management. They do not care about your well-being.

Horrible work place

Run….. Run Horrible place to work for!!! About numbers, not caregivers or clients…. Open Shift, grab and go. Clients are meeting strangers. No meeting caregivers first. Kinda scary. Only training online , then you can get a friend to do it for you. They do not care about clients or caregivers. Don’t pay mileage for transporting clients, Only 20 miles a week

Pros

Easy hire, no interview, no reference calling

Cons

Rude, about making money, don’t care for clients

Pretty decent company

Overall it’s a pretty decent company to work for. In my opinion, we unfortunately don’t get paid enough or what we deserve for the work we do and the amount of disrespect from clients we get on a daily basis. Flexible scheduling is a plus.

Great place to work!

Being able to help is the best thing ever. Amazing clients and management. I felt like they actually cared about my needs and I was treated with respect.

Ok but there were times when management was unprofessional , the patients were good for the most part some were not but that’s all apart of work they had their days but I love all of my patients

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Not reliable work available

Poor Job place even worse place for your loved ones

Poor job training. Clients don’t get the care they deserve and as a worker I was never allowed to leave on time and asked to come in on my days off. I sat with a 24/7 client who at one point only had me as a sitter. Management never supported my claims of verbal abuse from the families or clients. No chance of advancement and they over all don’t care.

Pros

Caring for someone who needs it

Cons

Overworked, underpaid, long hours short staff no training high stress issues with client location services

It’s a job

No communication and no understanding!Not trying to works with you.Can’t get in touch with anyone.But it’s a job and they are willing gives you hours

Nothing really stands out, they dont have good management, poor managing skills, high turn over rates, dont give raisies.

Not a great company to work for, they dont help u when in need they treat the clients like really bad and fire clients due to false accusations. They need so much help but cant get it because of how they treat their employees. By worst far ths worst company I have ever worked for.

I wouldn’t recommend NOBODY to work for them. They are horrible and I mean just that. HORRIBLE🤮 you don’t get enough hours, they play around your schedule. They send you clients with pets knowing you don’t like pets. I’m telling you this company is SAD. They don’t go out and see clients.

A good work place

I LOVE working for A First Name Basis they pay and flexible hours. The staff excellent and always there to help you every step of the way. You will get a full work week

Bad experience

● Work-life balanceI had an unfair issue to happen to me I did not like the way the company went about handling it . I should have pushed the issue further but I didn't● Pay & benefitsThey dont pay you for experience. It's not fair to make the same amount as someone who isn't a nursing assistant with little to no experience.● ManagementManagement is unfair especially with them not actually being active like their employees. They don't uphold their workers. I like management that is as active as the workers● OverallNo one ever reached out to me ..I have clients that stand behind me and are willing to travel to any agency i am currently at. I don't agree with how things ended

Sitting

Very good nice people flexible hours make your own schedule good clients and staff holiday pay bonus pay overtime if need off days needed vacation days if needed

Pros

Flexible hours

Flexible hours

You can pick up as many hours you want. You make your own schedule. Great job for a person that's in school. Or if you need to make extra income. Anywhere you work, there will be pros and cons. I had no problem with the work. Only when co workers call in at the last minute and there may be a possibility they call you to come in, which is optional if you cant.

It's not what it seems

Nothing at all like what it seemed in the interviews. It requires more than what one person can give. Poor supervision and lacks appropriate training for the job duties.

Fair

If I lived in Baton Rouge, I could probably pick up more shifts & not have to drive so far. I do wish they had more than one client with 8 hours available closer to home. I thought about moving thinking that maybe it would feel like I'm making more money, but I wouldn't be able to afford rent anywhere in the Baton Rouge area either.

Pros

Enjoyable job, Helping Others

Cons

Location, Pay

Horrible run away!

I was regularly forced to work back to back shifts without notice because of poor scheduling. Then they stole over a thousand dollars by not issuing checks for work that I did. These people are the worst! Horrible people.

Nice Company

Take care of the patient . Make sure you clock in and out . They always have extra shifts you can pick up . Make sure you report anything out the normal to management

Greed is the forefront of this business

I have worked in healthcare for well over 5 years, and I have never quite experienced anything like this company. During the hiring process, I felt that this company was very kind to their employees and really gave into the the mission of helping out those who needed care in their homes: the elderly, immunocompromised individuals, people with special needs, etc. I was hired to be one of the Care Managers and I believed in my role to best assist my company in finding great caregivers to help others in their homes. The first off-putting occurrence was knowing that pretty much anyone can get a job as a caregiver--as long as their background was *mostly* clear and their drug screen was good, they were in. Now, this is a bit strange because we were hiring for individuals to go into people's HOMES. Therefore, you need to be a bit picky in the hiring process because you don't want to be liable for a complete lunatic going in someone's house. AFNB was not picky... at all. Next thing was.... COVID-19. Now, this company is non-medical so they did not provide gloves nor masks initially (even prior to the pandemic). It was a hard fight to get the people that make the decisions to see that we should make some policy changes (even temporary) just so our caregivers feel safe and secure in the homes. I understand that everything is on back order, but at least make the initiative and don't have an attitude towards spending money on PPE for your caregivers. They do the jobs you wouldn't. Take care of them. Speaking of taking care of your caregivers, I firmly believe that AFNB does NOT -

Cons

Short breaks, bad healthcare plan, horrible hourly pay, company greed, disrespect from upper management

Don't work here

Very little hours.. very little training.. unprofestinal and the hours are maybe 2 or 3 once a week. Not a company you would want to work for! I will honestly never turn back.

It’s not a bad company just the pay you can make decent money but u have to put in a lot and I mean a lot of work that can be physically draining

The company is not bad great people I love my Clients and what I did just didn’t want to end up homeless because of inability to pay bills. Due to barely making minimum wage

Pros

Usually good clients to work for

Cons

You would have to work a lot just to keep up with the cost of living

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A First Name Basis. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • A First Name Basis
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?