A H HARRIS & SONS INC

A H HARRIS & SONS INC Reviews with Jobs

I enjoyed working there. The time I was there , I think there was a management problem. Had to constantly adjust to doing things .Also personality conflict within the ranks.

Pros

401k, reconition. Free lunch sometime

Cons

Don, t like criticision

Run. Don't bother. People are one way

Poor credit manager too much gossip hardly ever there. And then tells you that you don't work Very inprofessional she did all the work and took all credit always I did this and I did that no we did this er.

Pros

Benefts

Cons

Work environment

i work there

work is decent. it pays the bills. i apply for a job to work, not explain how to work. thats all that i have to say. i need to be hired. i am a decent worker.

Pros

work

Cons

need more money

Good pay Good people

Loved working here Unfortunately upper management brought in a not so good Operations Manager and from day one he wanted all of the experienced warehouse guys gone. Your talking about guys who been there anywhere from 10-25 yrs. Best job I've ever had, managers were cool, gave you your work for the day and left you alone

Pros

Pay and people

Cons

Operations Manager

Excellent working atmosphere

Friendly environment with a lot of job diversity. Days went by quickly. Interacted with customers, vendors, and sales force. Management was patients in teaching and adding new skills as time went on.The best part of the job was the interaction with customers and work force.

Pros

Constantly busy, never a dull moment, always new challeges.

Cons

Very few.....traveling 35-30 minutes a day to and from work.

nice place to work

i work as a sales associate and its an interesting company to work for. everyone who works there is nice. we often have pizza parties. every seems to get along with each other.

Pros

the days we have pizza

Cons

the days we don't have pizza

Dream Job with a Dream company

I just came on board at AH Harris and I can honestly say that this place is special. Its a dream company to work for, I have fun everyday working with great people. I am supported by coworkers on every level and have easy access to all levels of the management team. On top of the great day to day parts of my job, the pay and benefits are also really good and I am encouraged to maintain a strong work life balance. The company culture really echoes throughout the organization and that is Harris pride, we all help one another to be great everyday.

Pros

work/life balance, coworkers, culture, supports

Small organization with great company cultur & bright future!

I started working for Harris almost two years ago. Came from a large corporation with a global presence and ten thousands of employees. Bit of a culture shock at the beginning, but in a good way. Harris used to be a family owned and run business, and even though that changed some 30 years ago, it still maintained that family feeling. People are proud to work here, committed and loyal. Even though we are spread out over 40 locations, there is this genuine feel of unity among the associates. We have annual company gatherings which are great occasions to mingle. Company leaders are accessible and open to new ideas from anyone. Turn around time for initiatives is much faster than in my previous roles. I work at the corporate headquarters, our President and CEO is two doors down the corridor and always has an open door & ear for anyone. My coworkers inspire me to be better every day. Its a competitive, yet friendly atmosphere. A lot of my team mates are involved with their local communities and we even have our own employee run charity (The Harris Fund), something that I find amazing. Management is flexible and 'keeps it human'. Hard work and dedication are getting acknowledged, awarded and appreciated (which again is something that cannot be taken for granted at larger organizations). The leadership team and owners are embracing technological and digital advancements, which makes my role even more exciting. We just celebrated 100 years in business and I cannot wait to see what the future holds.

A cesspool

The branch i worked for was in Rock Tavern, NY. Excluding the warehouse supervisor, Co workers were very obnoxious, rude, very disrespectful to the manager and were always cursing at him. Everyone that was working in the warehouse was straight out of prison, stuff was being stolen from the store that was part of the warehouse. One of my own tools was stolen the first day on the job, the manager himself had a really dirty mouth and he would leave work numerous times through out the day. The pay is terrible as well as the benefits. While being active duty and currently being in the reserves and coming from mentors and other great leaders around me in the military that taught me how to push and work hard and be aggressive, i was so disgusted with the way this branch was run. I also believe my aggressiveness towards my consistent hard work intimidated a few LAZY people so they eventually ended up letting me go. I was told i am being let go because i was late to work a few times even though i would call about why and when i would be late. Stay away from this branch. Im gonna assume that the other branches are different but who knows.

Pros

the hours and weekends off.

Cons

everything else.

safe courtious and team-orienated workplace.

Best company Ive ever worked for. From the ceo and president down to branch managers the overall work enviroment is excellent. they are very generous with salaries and vactions.

Pros

nice trucks and great co-workers

Cons

none .

Good company to work for.

Have worked for AH Harris for almost 20years as a truck driver. I have always been treated fairly, And enjoy working with other team members. Management, Sales, Warehouse and Forming dept. You'll be delievering to interesting job sites, and be at the front line representing the company. The custumers are easy to get alone with and friendly. If you enjoy driving, And construction. This might be the job for you,

Pros

new leased trucks, competive pay

Cons

slow in winters mouths, but no lay-off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A H HARRIS & SONS INC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • A H HARRIS & SONS INC
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?