A Helping Hand

Working at A Helping Hand: 7 A Helping Hand Reviews

Love this company so much!

I have worked for this company many years and its the best job I have ever had. The managers and owner are always so supportive. Meeting the new families is amazing. I seriously love this company.

Fulfilling position!

I just had to write this review after seeing the negative comments. This company has had their struggles in creating the best policies but they have really improved. I have worked here in San Diego for 6 years and I cannot imagine leaving. The management team works endlessly to support both the families and employees. I have never had a problem getting help if I had a problem. The schedule is really flexible too because I can work whatever hours I want. It is great to have the freedom to work when I want, have a company that ensures quality families, and not be locked in one place everyday doing the same thing.

Pros

Flexible schedule, bonuses, company support

Good

Loved the job and the families I babysat for. I love working with kids and they allow you to pick your own schedule and offer bonuses for working on certain days

Get an opportunity to work with some amazing families

Some of the families you work with are amazing! Sometimes it is hard to work with and communicate with management. The most enjoyable part is seeing some of the kids and parents really take you in as part of their family.

Very relaxed job

Great managements and families. I get to pick my hours which really helps me out with my school schedule. Families are always really nice

Fun summer job

Sitter for newborns, toddlers, and elementary age children during large military events, etc. Working with the children was very rewarding.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

early mornings, late nights sometimes

Independent contractor for Mental Health clients.

As a provider I would saw ongoing clients and new clients weekly. I learned the most from my clients helping me become a better provider. Management was great in providing support and encouragement, but lacked in benefits and compensation. Each provider worked independently, thus had minimum contact with each other, except for occasional meetings and trainings. Most difficult part of the job was not having collaboration with other providers. The best part of the job was working with clients and their families.

Pros

providing treatment/therapy for clients.

Cons

little collaberation with other providers, only compensation if clients showed for their appointments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A Helping Hand. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement