A Helping Hand

A Helping Hand Employee Reviews with Jobs

Fun workplace taking care of children

Working at a helping hand is a great part time job. The managers are great and pay is good. Working w’ the children is a good experience as well. This is a great part time job to work for.

Pros

Free Hotels

Cons

Poopy Diapers, some kids are a little spoiled.

Excellent place to work.

A Helping Hand is like family. Hard work but they work as a team. Really balanced family and work. Unfortunately, it closed due to the "covid" plandemic.

Pros

I loved everything about this company

Great company to work for!

A coworker showed me the negative reviews of this company and I 100% disagree! The management is great and very supportive! I am able to create my own schedule and choose which days and times I work. This is perfect while I finish my last year of college! The families are so kind and the children are so sweet! The company truly cares about the families and their employees and it shows! They are very supportive of me while I achieve my professional and personal goals.

Pros

flexible schedule, supportive team

It was an ok place to work.

A typical day there is sitting at a desk not doing anything or learning much. Some of the management was great others were not they shouldn't of been there. There was nothing hard about the job I was always looking for something to do, but management didn't want to.

Pros

There was not much for pros. No one wanted to do anything

Cons

Healthcare insurance was horrible

Ridiculously Unprofessional

The staff will not address payroll concerns but will harass you SEVERAL times a day including weekends and even while you're working at the they sent you to, just to 'check in'. They'll try to withhold paystubs claiming (in my four week experience), anywhere from 33% to half of the gross earnings went to taxes. I resigned on a Wednesday with notice that I would finish the week for them only. Saturday was the last day I worked for them, Sunday they called me continuously from five AM until I answered the phone just to try and insult my character for having resigned from their employment. They also withheld twenty three hours from my last cheque. It's become clear that I will need to collect it though the labor board. Thankfully I was able to continue my employment through a different temp company but I did have to restart my hours. I've asked around the workplace, it's not just myself they treat this way, it is how they are with everyone. I highly recommend going elsewhere for temp or placement work.

The workplace/job was rewarding

I enjoyed working with the clients, and the children we brought home from the Country that the parents have adopted from.It was nice seeing the smiley faces when we received word of the children personal information and enjoy that came from the parents faces

Pros

Loved seeing the families faces when they get a chance to have their forever child with them

Cons

First need to not feel that the conversation was not enough for the value placed in two cases

Manager was a respectful and helpful

I was very happy working with this company because they respect you and work with you and help you to achieve to do better, it gave me an opportunity to run a operation and wonder factories locations to keep the housekeeping update and they respect my work and I was very happy be with them if I ever in any trouble or lose the job I will go back with them. Impress you had a lot of opportunities and work overtime or work on the weekends or work at any other housekeeping locations

Pros

Lunch break was excellent you can take your lunch anytime you want

Cons

Manager always give you updates

Don't work there anymore

It was a fill in while I was out of work. I helped the elderly as they needed home health care or transportation. It felt very comfortable to know I was assisting and listening to their stories from long ago!!

Managment

Would not recommend this company to work for or to use for your families. Management does not care about accusations falsely made. does not care about your safety. will not work around pre-existing appointments.

A flexible and fun work environment

During my time with A Helping Hand, the company has provided me with an excellent working environment. Offering both securities in my position and job advancement opportunities.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at A Helping Hand?

No conflicts, given work, complete timely, no pressure, repeat

Good work area, good people, do extra work on free time. Start early and out early. Room to expand work ability. Company trust - employee trust. Support.

It’s fair

Helping hand is a job for people who are seeking minimum part time work. It’s a easy opportunity to get to know people and work in laid back setting. They send out mass emails with open assignments and you will respond if you can fill. They ask people who would like to be an on call companion on the weekends and you’ll get compensated for that.

I like working for a helping hand

I liked working for a helping hand I got along with all the co workers and children's parents and the little ones too. Enjoyed taking care of babies! The only thing I did not like was that it's an on call job you sign up and go when you are signed up on time.

Productive work environment

I highly recommend A Helping Hand. My boss was very understanding and flexable with my schedule. Willing to work with me. My client was a dementia patient, but was sweet and always smiling.

Great job if you love kids

Great temporary job, you would only work events in your area or ones you can make it to. The pay is well, and you get to be with kids which make the job 10 times more fun.

Great hourly pay.

Easy. Was paid 17.02 per hour to watch 3 babies/toddlers and keep them entertained. One hour was a orientation, then everyday we got ready for the kids for 1 hour. Easy, relaxed, stressfree environment. I already signed up for the next event to work in my area.

Pros

17 an hour to watch 3 kids. Was very easy.

Cons

Short shifts sometimes but worth the pay.

Slow paced and laid back

Working with elderly is a slow paced and laid back environment. The company is friendly for the most part and helps how they can when need to take off.

Professional Envrionment

A bit stressful, at times could be a high case load. Learned to be able to meet and work with people where they are from different backgrounds. Hardest part of the job was long work hours, best part of the job was that it was flexible schedule.

Pros

Flexible Schedule

Cons

Long hours at times.

A long day with steady hours

It was hard work but the work got done when we all worked as a team and the supervisors were understanding. The hours were standard 8 hour shifts and everything was nicely organized so it made the job a bit more fun and easier when all of us were on the same page.

Pros

Everyone did their job properly and worked as a team

Cons

Long hours and alot of heavy lifting

Decent place to work

But the pay of 10 dollars per hours isn't optimal, considering the type of work you do. I was not offered any insurance coverage, yet lifting people was sometimes a daily part of this job.

Temporary but enjoyable.

Assembling large playgrounds was hands on work with parts both large and small, including the use of power tools. Instructions were easy to follow, the boss was easy to get along with, and the pay was great. This position was short term though, so there wasn't any long term benefits to be had.

Pros

Free Lunch, Lodgeing, Fun, Simple, Pay

Cons

Overnight, long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A Helping Hand. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • A Helping Hand
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?