A J B Tree Care

A J B Tree Care Reviews

United Kingdom14 reviews

Toxic environment

Even if you follow all the processes correctly and are a great employee, there will be something they will find to use against you and wont care what you have to say. You can't make any mistakes. You will be treated as if you are disposable.

Pros

Other staff are great and feel the same way

Cons

Long hours, no breaks, bullying culture, sour manager

Don’t get a job here

Seemed like the perfect job working for the perfect company but the boss is impossible to please. Being talked down to, sworn at and badly treated isn’t a heathy work environment. Don’t get me wrong, the wages are ok but not enough for how badly you are treated. Shame as the other staff are really nice and good to work with but when the person in charge is on a mad power trip it’s impossible to stay. Luckily I got another job straight away but working for AJB could’ve easily broke me.

Pros

Wages are ok

Cons

Staff are treated horribly, have to walk on eggshells around boss

Amazing opportunities, best kit, best teams

As a woman in a very male dominated industry this company has shown me more support and guidance than I could ever have hoped for. So much time and energy for everyone, with everything you need. At the core is an amazing team of experienced, knowledgeable people, who help to provide the best tools, excellent training, support and opportunities. There is an amazing variety of work, so something for everyone. AJB treecare is company that truly cares. Hands down the best company I have ever had the pleasure of working for. They get it right.

Pros

Everything you need

Cons

Fun and exciting work place

Brilliant place to work. Every day is different. Very well run business by very professional management. Good rates of pay and always learn something new every day. Great people to work with who make the days very enjoyable. Highly recommended working here for anyone interested. You won't be disappointed.

Pros

Lunch breaks. Good pay. Great team to work with.

Productive Work Place

I have been with AJB coming up to 2 years. I thoroughly enjoy my work and working within the AJB team. Due to the courses I’ve been put on through AJB I am close to gaining my last ticket and recommend to any to anybody who’s considering becoming and Arborist to join our team.

Pros

Working together with an experienced team

A great solid Job

AJB put so much time into me as a trainee. I really felt like I was being taught everything properly. You learn to work to a very high standard. I learnt many life skills during my time there. Due to a change of personal circumstances I unfortunately had to leave but honestly if you want a career in tree surgery you won't get better. I was taken on with no experience at all and left with a fantastic knowledge of the job.

Pros

Good, exciting work

Employed as contractor

I've worked on numerous occasions with the teams at AJB as a contractor. I can honestly say AJB is a good environment to work in and I've only ever had good experiences. AJB runs a smooth operation with clean and up to date kit. They have an interesting variety of work that provides a good springboard for anyone looking to get ahead and gain experience and job progression in the industry.

Pros

Working as part of experienced teams

Productive, exciting and fulfilling place of work.

As the Forman at AJB Tree Care I can confidently say that our team is hardworking, efficient and have a keen eye for detail. Career progression opportunities are endless, and with the added support of our management team who know our processes and procedures thoroughly we can offer you the best environment to succeed. I have been with AJB Tree Care for 4 years, starting from no experience, to now being part of a structured management team, overseeing daily activities within teams and carrying out varied jobs on site. AJB Tree Care have supported me and guided me through my career.AJB Tree Care strives for success, and is a perfect place to start or further your career.

Pros

Excellent equipment, hardworking team and brilliant core values.

Productive and inclusive workplace

AJB tree care put trust in me and took me on as a trainee they push me to my best potential through there encouragement and positive management style.Good work benefits and best kit provided.

Pros

Good benefits, top range kit and tools

Cons

So happy that I got the opportunity!

When I applied I never thought that I would’ve had a chance to join the team. When I went into the interview, I felt welcomed, my nerves went away and felt comfortable. The interview went really well and I got the job and was told within 3 days that I had got it. I really enjoy doing this job, the staff and management are one of the best teams I’ve been involved with which makes it 100x better. Would recommend and encourage people to take that chance to start an amazing career.

Pros

Great team, competitive salary

Cons

A postive and growing company!

A family run buisness where you feel part of a family. Having worked here for a long period of time, I can honestly say that other companies could learn from AJB Tree Care. A company that strives for the best every day, earning certifications E.G ISO's enabling the company to tender for further works to help with business growth. A growing company that gives back to the employees in every aspect, from sending employees on courses, PPE, appraisels, salary reviews, constant feedback, investment in equipment, and so much more (Including an on the go coffee machine) Having previously worked in an office environment before my employment with AJB I can say that its really nice to be welcomed into a company where the office and field work closely together, all employees have a positive relationship and strong communication on all levels.We have the opportunity to work from a professional and modern office, provided with top end equipment that aids the company in meeting all necessary standards, E.G health and safety, data protection etc etc. The company deserves praise for its employees training, coming from a completely different industry myself I had nothing but support during my training period and am now lucky enough to help give that support to new employees. There have been times when I have asked for flexibility around parts of my personal life that I have had to discuss with my MD and always recieved an open and understanding ear. If anyone else is lucky enough to have the opportunity to work for AJB, alongside the employees and clients then you will find nothing -

Productive and fun workplace

Started working for the company over 2 years ago and have moved up through the company, been put on training courses very often learn an endless amount about the industry and couldn’t be happier with how much I have progressed and how much I have been supported throughout.

Pros

Very flexible company

Cons

Hard work

Don't work here whatever you do!!

If you like being bullied, bellitled and given no appreciation for anything you do, then this is the place for you. Don't you dare make a mistake or you'll be out the door before you have a chance to breathe. What a horrible place to work, terrible culture and absolutely no job security.

Pros

They did pay me at the end

Cons

Everything about this place is a con really.

– 25 March 2021
This saddens me to hear your experience at AJB was so poor as we strive to be the best and offer a great place to work in these times of hardship. We ensure we work to our core values at all times and in 10 years of business this has been the first negative review i have dealt with. If you wish to discuss these issues further please contact Adam tomorrow morning so we can try and resolve these issues in a professional manner.

Stressful experience and no job security

Angry manager who shouts swears and threatens to fire staff when a single mistake is made, long hours, highly stressful.Worst staff turnover I have ever seen and worst job I have ever had .

Pros

Cons

Too many

– 25 March 2021

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A J B Tree Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement