A J Leese Turkeys at Goldhurst Farm

A J Leese Turkeys at Goldhurst Farm Employee Reviews for Abattoir Worker

Abattoir Worker2 reviews
United Kingdom2 reviews

The staff are friendly and good banter, easy to get on with.

The only down side is that the job was zero hour contract, it's a dirty smelly job but you soon set that aside and just get on with what you need to do. I quite enjoyed the time I spent there, they provide all PPE.

Pros

Staff room and good clean area to make basic meals

Cons

zero hour contract

I was an interesting job, sure to open your eye to the food production chain.

This line of work is varied, from taking delivery of live birds to actually hanging them them up alive on a moving conveyor chain. It is hard, dirty and rather smelly, not many people could stomach such work, but they always say, where there's muck there's brass. The job was a zero hour contract, so when there were no orders coming in you had to live off previous wages, along with working a week in arrears. Not for everyone but I have been there and done just about every job apart from the killing of the birds, you need a special permit for that.

Pros

fully fitted kitchen with all latest catering appliances but you bring your own food.

Cons

Hard on the legs, standing for four hours or more, dirty smelly but overalls provided.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at A J Leese Turkeys at Goldhurst Farm?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A J Leese Turkeys at Goldhurst Farm. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement