A LA CARTE

A LA CARTE Employee Reviews

United Kingdom15 reviews

fun worklpace

I am happy with my job at this company. The security is very good, safety is on high level there. The staff is very friendly and I work very good there.

cold and damp work conditions

i learned it wasnt the right job for me.The conditions where cold and damp and aggravated my asthma.i did find that i worked well with others and got the job done.

Insights into A LA CARTE

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Productive and fun workplace

It was a very good company to work for. The benefits are outstanding, however the stand out for me is the work life balance and flexibility to fulfill my role around having an excellent family life.

terrible

one of the worst agency's ive ever worked for they dont treat there staff right and they cancel your shifts without telling you i would never advise anyone to work for these

Productive but I am not satisfied

I am looking for something new. I am not satisfied in that place. I can do more than that. I know this. I worked until now in different domains and I want to be more than a factory worker. I am open to learn and do new things. I am capable to adapt in every environment and team.

good

good job just long hours a bit cold but only in certain areas some of the people and management are very nice learn how to make pork pies and sausage rolls

Pros

people

Cons

I wouldn't take another try with them

Except the overtime payed hours, I have nothing else to recomand about this agency. The induction is presenting a diferent reality, but when you start work you find out that the reality presented during the induction it's just a sweet dream.

Pros

good overtime payed

Cons

rasist

Fun and productive work experience

It's a good company to work for. I love how different and versatile the shifts are and the staff are second to none. Flexibility is great as they place you on shifts that your comfortable working with and this has been helpful having a child under 2.

Good job

Good and friendly atmosphere. Did enjoy working there, learn work in a team, long enough breaks. Can recommended the place.

A clean environment

I learned how to put on correct uniform. I learned how to package desserts on a assembly line and loading onto trays. I learned how to collect the packaged desserts from the assembly line and load into baskets ready for the labelling machine. The team were friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the fast-paced environment. Working well in a team.

Pros

Canteen facilities

Cons

Working in cold conditions.

Working at A LA Carte

During my time at A LA Carte, I have to work 10 hours daily. A typical day for me would have to be working in the line at the Blue berry. I have learnt to work in a line, how to mix and measure cheesecakes. The hardest part of the job would have to be working near an oven. The most enjoyable part would have to be working would have to be mixing.

Pros

I became permanent

Cons

Sometimes I would be 2/3 days without work

Productive workplace

A typical shift at work involves packing prepared food into the appropriate containers. It requires working as part of a team so therefore helps you to get to know new people.

Cons

Working hours are not guaranteed as it is an agency.

productive

very fast production line and met the target of sausages made to send out in the delivery vehicle's in the night. staff are pleasant and keen to get to no there employees . .

Pros

cheap food

Cons

not ebough work after christmas

let down from day 1

Here in leicester i got a job in salad works well that went wrong i got the job three weeks ago and i am still waiting to do a full shift so far i have done 1 hour, all i get told is when i go in at 10pm is sorry no work tonight, i won't blame the agency i will blame the people they have in charge.

Pros

Cons

everything

productitive & fun work place

when i came here in uk, My first job was in factory . There i had to face some women who was compelling me to work hard . they made me to cry, because, i was just new in that place that was a very hardest part of my day . I learned to be patient, and self motivated and to controll one self feeling not to be affected by external environment .when i was in nepal, my all colleges helped me to do my work and teaching me for which i was unknown that was a most enjoyable part in my job.in different places, co-workers differs. I love to accept challenges

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A LA CARTE. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement