A Life Explored

A Life Explored Employee Reviews for Home Care Worker

Home Care Worker6 reviews
United Kingdom6 reviews

Working From Home

A lot of people have commented that they've struggled working from home during the pandemic but working with A Life Explored has offered the best of both worlds because when I come to work, it's like my second home and I still get fantastic company, good homecooked meals and a the best welcome when I arrive. The kids are amazing and are truly inspiring, it feels great to notice little changes in them as they grow up and I love being a part of their lives. While this kind of career asks for a lot of self reflection and personal development, it is worth it and I feel like I have a better understanding of myself and my own family.

Pros

Lots of support from colleagues, team leaders and managers.

Cons

You have to immerse yourself in the ethos and the home, this might be difficult if you are stressed about your own home life.

Progressive Organisation

The actual job is about emotions and being sensitive to trauma and thinking about why kids are behaving rather than reacting to how they are behaving. This is difficult for some people who come here, it's not like other residentials so not everyone will be suitable. Getting to make memories with the kids is amazing and I've learned a lot about myself while being here. Nice to work for a company that respects your opinion and feedback. I feel valued here and get lots of support but I also get to work independently and feel some pride in that.

Pros

Tasty homecooked meals and nice house and gardens

Cons

Can be emotional

Insights into A Life Explored

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energising work tasks

Great place to work, good ethos

I worked with this organisation for over 2 years and I am surprised by some of these comments. They give an unfair representation of the organisation and the great work they do. The job is not for everyone às working with children who have experienced trauma can be challenging and this is often the real reason staff leave.

Pros

Training and support

Scary and dangerous

Poorly managed, lots of people trying there best but no clue. No support when assaulted most days or threatened. Left for days stuck there as no one comes to relieve you and don't answer there phones when your partners are worried. Lots of meetings on days off and even though the meetings can sometimes be supportive nothing changes so people keep leaving

This company offer more than any other residential childcare service

I've had nothing but a positive experience with A life explored. The company have and will continue to make relevant changes to ensure the best practice and running of the organisation. All staff have been very supportive and friendly. A life Explored offers a lot more privileges, support and training than any other residential childcare service.

Avoid at all costs!!!!

Over worked, not paid enough for the risks that you are put in, expect you to work over an above your hours sometimes having to stay there for days. Due to staff turn over that is often the case because they can't cover the shifts. Managers are over worked resulting in the staff not getting the appropriate support.

Pros

Met some lovely people whilst there.

Cons

Long hours, lack of support, aren't allowed to take your own food in, and your mental health deteriorates rapidly.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at A Life Explored?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A Life Explored. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement