A Life Explored

A Life Explored Employee Reviews for Support Worker

Support Worker3 reviews
United Kingdom3 reviews

Creating second chances and opportunities

Even after a really difficult shift where I've been challenged and the kid has struggled I feel lucky to be in his life and making a difference. It's not always easy but we get to do cool things like have parties, bike rides, exploring and trampolining and seeing the little differences makes the harder days worth it. It's like a home from home with family mealtimes and summer holidays and good people around to support when you're not at your best. It's important to be motivated to learn about and understand trauma and to have empathy, people who don't will find the job difficult.

Pros

Meals are included. The house is nice. Kids are brilliant.

Cons

Sometimes challenging behaviours.

Fantastic Values and Ethos

I have worked with A life explored for over 5 years and have nothing but, positive experiences. The nurture and care that is in place for us, as a care team and the children is excellent. I feel valued and supported at work and feel confident approaching someone if I need guidance and advise. Overall experience so far, is very good!

Pros

Support for the team and the children

Insights into A Life Explored

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energising work tasks

Avoid this company

In 30+ yrs of working in social care this the worst company that I've worked for, by far. Management is inept, health and safety for staff is none existent, staff are not supported in what can be dangerous situations. Work life balance is promised to be good, but the reality is staff can be on shift for days if cover not in place, which is often. Staff turnover is very high. Avoid at all costs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A Life Explored. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement