A Pea in the Pod

A Pea in the Pod Employee Reviews with Jobs

I was a Store Manager A Pea in A Pod Tyson's Galleria.

Love my job the diversity and growth. It's the type of company that believes in all its employees. The District Managers go out of their way to train and inspire the teams.

Great coworkers!

Loved working with repeat clients. 9 months of pregnancy is a good amount of time to get to know someone. The pay is horrible though and systems were completely outdated.

normal environment

Paternalistic work environment. It is a climate that occurs in more structured companies. ...

Cons

Great job overall. The management wasn’t the greatest but I couldn’t ask for anything less.

Great job, a pleasure working with pregnant woman of all cultures and learning about each and everyone one of them and their differences. Absolutely loved helping all of them. The management wasn’t the greatest but I couldn’t ask for anything less.

Pros

Very comfortable environment, loved my coworkers.

Cons

Management, shift length

Fun place to work and great clients.

I loved working at A Pea in the Pod, I always had support from my DM and staff. Selling and styling trendy maternity clients to mom- to-be was fun and rewarding.

Pros

Boutique like store, small staff

Cons

Worked many times alone

Don’t go there.

Let me start off by saying the pay isn’t great, you can find something better. The company hires management teams that know nothing and doesn’t even try to teach them. Nor do they promote within.

Good benefits and pay

Decent pay and decent benefits. Required to work full shifts and sometimes alone. Traveled to other locations as well. Only management get benefits and recruiting is horrible low pay for associates.

Not very productive

slow. maintained store appearance, helped clients that came into the store. packed up inventory because the store is shutting down. there will no longer be a pea in the pod

Fun work place, flexible schedules, hands on work.

Great company to work for to put and use your skills. Visuals and customer one on one personal styling. Great team in San Diego, the girls were able to multi task and handle under pressure situations fairly well, cons were very little job security. Stores were closing all over the country and had little notice.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Job security

Great Company

Great environment. Great people and clients. Work life balance. Room for growth. Great place to learn retail business, people management, selling, designer product and visual merchandising.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at A Pea in the Pod?

Diverse and exciting Maternity Shop

I really enjoyed working with this company due to having awesome managers and coworkers to work beside. The location of this job is in the heart of buckhead allowing you the opportunity to take care of business and personal errands without having to go out of your way.

Rewarding experience

I enjoyed catering to expectant parents whether it was their first or last pregnancy. Assisted in building a maternity wardrobe with essentials for pre-pregnancy, during, and also postpartum.

Pros

Client books to build rapport and follow ups when needing additional information

relaxed

I took this position because it fell in line with the what I was doing with my own entrepreneurial pursuits of my brand I created, Myrtle&Flossie. We essentially have the same customer and I felt like this would be a great place to grow, learn more about the business, and potential advance into a corporate/manager position within the company and possibly lead to a joint venture partnership of my brand and A pea in the Pod.

Fun work place with good management

I would highly recommend this company. Very fun place to work at and the clientele is totally amazing. No complaints when it comes to this company. The product that they carried in this store was amazing and the management was always available to help with any of your concerns. I think the only part that was the most challenging was having to do the floor sets. Other then that a very good company.

Pros

Discounts are amazing and clientele was awesome.

Cons

Had to work weekends and most holidays.

Great Workplace

Working here was great! I loved helping the expecting mothers with something that may be simple to others, but important to them which is clothing and how they look.

Decent Job

Overall the company was fun. It can be stressful sometimes trying to make your goal. Depending on your manager it could be hard to get requested days off.

Pros

Company Culture

Cons

Catty managers

Out of business

A Pea in the Pod was a good company to cut your teeth on. Too bad it could not survive. I miss the people and the relaxed culture. I learned a lot while I worked there.

Very fun company but very hard to keep a team .

I love the company and store hours but it's very hard to have a full team . Nobody wants to work for a maternity store around the area . Very hard to find people that has the same or more passion as you .

Pros

Store hours

Cons

Very hard to keep a team

Fun working with soon to be moms

Generally work evenings and weekends. Help moms-to-be find clothes that fit and look good. Work at cash register also. Hardest part is not being able to find clothes that fit as our clothes only go up to size Large. Love working with the women.

Pros

discount on clothes

Cons

mostly work on my own and sometimes there are no customers

Family work environment

Great place to work. it may get a little boring doing the same stuff all day every day with no excitement. but a great place to be to feel comfortable laid back but yet very professional. one on one based selling. Makes work goes by smoother Loved it there.

Insecure work place

Handled banking transactions, sales journal and payroll. Assisted with preparation of financial statements and daily, weekly, monthly reports. Maintained personnel files.

Pros

good life experience

Cons

bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A Pea in the Pod. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement