A Shade Greener

A Shade Greener Employee Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom15 reviews

Unsecure Job

Not 100% clear whether your job is secure. Got regular cash in hand bonuses but they stopped after a while - also didn't say what the bonuses were for.

Stay clear of this company

I was a gas engineer for this company and I can't stress enough stay clear. The organisation and travel are terrible. Unable to have holidays as if Office staff are off engineers can't be. They are inflexible and unwilling to help

Pros

Cons

Terrible management arrogant office staff

Insights into A Shade Greener

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Lovely Genuine People

I worked here but due to personal problems i had to finish. The staff management are all very friendly and approachable. I wouldnt hesitate to work for this company again.

Pros

Amazing people

Customer accounts

I worked here for 2 month's in the small office at shortwood. Never felt so uncomfortable in all my life. I was the 5th woman to leave in space of months.

Pros

Was on doorstep

Cons

The office at shortwood

Poor company , don't do it!

Had a 35 hour contract. Then set more surveyors on doing 40. Then upped mine and response was, it's not fair that you get paid the same but they do more hours! Also expected you to travel all over in your own time, and also set in realistic travel times! Once had a survey in Birmingham then expected me to get to the other side with 15mins because it had a 'B' postcode. Not the brightest in the office, but that's because they paid poor wages...days of google maps! All the owner was interested in was claiming all the FITs from the government, and getting vulnerable people to sign their house up for a boiler agreement.

Unpaid

Was told on day one you would earn a minimum of £200 a week, the very next week we was told it was a commission basis job only so the £200 a week was just to draw you in, travelling most of the day and walking door to door to seek something people were not interested in or new nothing about. The only good thing about this job was the people you work along side

Thorough and considerate to working out the bigger picture.

A typical day at work consists of researching online to see if any new properties have come to market. if a suitble project becomes available looking at costs for renovation and finding a suitable buyer. I am constantly surveying materials and costs of labour as these change regulary. I find the hardest part of this part of the job is when a planned rennovation fails as the we have missed out on the property, after putting so much time and effort into it. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the completion of a renovation and earning my clients more money than was initially agreed upon.

Pros

Completing a project and exceeding expectations

Cons

Enjoyable job but not secure

This was an enjoyable job. I personally enjoyed meeting and greeting new clients as well as the variation that each day offered. There were some initial training issues however this was resolved once I raised my concerns. Unfortunately I was made redundant due to the low demand whilst out of season.

Pros

Meet and greets, variation of work satisfaction

Cons

traffic issues impeding work / life balance

Productive & Good Workplace

My time with A Shade Greener was successful and rewarding up until we were all made redundant due to government cuts in the Feed In Tariff.

A Shade Greener

At first work with A Shade Greener was fantastic, vibrant and rewarding. However due to government changed in the feed in tariff (FIT) the company made most of its employees redundant. However this was not explained at the interview process that this was possible leaving me feeling cheated and disappointed the employment didn't last longer.

Pros

Company Car

Cons

Lack of communication

Great workplace!! LOVED IT!!!!

Really friendly atmosphere, great people. Good company just not much progression, but would love to go back. unfortunately got made redundant.

Pros

work atmosphere, great people

Cons

not much career progression.

Lots of work

On the whole not a bad company to work for they kept me employed for just under 5 years however have now had to close due to the FIT tariff been cut by the government.

enjoyable and interesting place to work

Enjoyed my time working at this company, the company were very supportive and very equal to all employees . Enjoyed the freedom of the travelling nationwide , but did get a little tiring when working in long distance areas Gutted that the company closed leading me in to redundancy

Pros

freedom of being alone in the vehicle

Cons

long hours, lots of travelling

Stress

It was a great place to work at first but when you then start getting taught other things it changed for the worst. Staff were friendly the best members of staff that i have ever worked with but to much work for members of staff to do. I wouldn't say that this is for any one new to the admin role only for people that had been in the admin role for at least 2 years or more.

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

Work load

Good pay rates but wont last long

Pros: Great rapport between work colleagues Good rates of pay. Cons: Company only seems to care about making and wasting £££'s. So much money wasted on ridiculous un-needed items, they over pay for all their materials which then puts in jeopardy the security of your employment. They go into new ventures with rose tinted glasses and take no advice form the men/women on the ground. Upper Management are a bunch of "Yes" men and the office staff are pretty useless when it comes to customer care, which in turn makes you walk into many aggressive situations without warning. Travel is ridiculous between jobs and half the time they send you insufficiently equipped (mainly wrong materials) to do the job you are sent to do, due to bad communication from customer care staff.

Pros

Good Rates

Cons

Not Stable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A Shade Greener. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement