A Smith Great Bentley

Working at A Smith Great Bentley: 6 Reviews

United Kingdom6 reviews

Pleasant Company to work for

My role here is varied and interesting and I have learned a lot of new skills and technical information. My manager is excellent and a joy to work for. There is a bi of a split between the office and factory staff but my role goes across both sectors. The worst part of the job is getting people to get back to you when asked. Working with my current manager.and my two main colleagues.

Pros

Intermittent bonus scheme

Great place to work if I am honest. Things are never perfect but people don't take into consideration how the previous owners left it.

Started my apprenticeship here! What a place to learn the trade. Can highley reccomend asgb. Some of the products we where making blew the market away! Such cool interest units. Plenty of work now things are picking up! Even better now all the dinosaur's have left!!!

Pros

Friday early finish! Get looked after here. Good morals and contracts.

Cons

Not bad pay just need updating with the times.

Insights into A Smith Great Bentley

• Supportive environment
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Brain dead management

Awful place to work. The less work you do the more the brain dead management will love you. Unsafe working conditions. Corners are cut and very very poor quality work. The management employ people to work overtime and these employees dont actually work then they complain the job is late???? Awful management who are clueless and treat employees like scum. Avoid working for this company. The dinosaur employees have been working there indoors for so long they are not up to date with reality. Brain dead.

Pros

None (only when you leave)

Cons

Anytime that you are at work

If you fit you wil enjoy it

If you fit in there click you will enjoy it if not they will make life difficult for you. Very fast paste work and on time tee brakes and lunch only 30 min.. Not a great place to work for

Management are useless. Poor pay.

Management give ridiculous time frames. Drawings are never complete. Pay is shocking for the type of work they do, especially when they want you qualified and experienced but don't pay the wage for it. O/T is always promised but you never get it. Let alone paid for it.

Pros

Cons

Management are useless. Pay is poor. Too much work not enough time.

knowing that team work is important and specialised vehicle bodies are manufactured

a joyful environment and the thought that you take part in the manufacture and production of highly specialised vehicles. there are few companies in the country that offer the skill required to manufacture vehicle bodies of such specific Much of the knowledge needed to produce is retained in the heads of the chaps on the workshop floor, those in the office are best suited at quoting, speaking politely with the customers and sorting out the wages, leaving the manufacture of the bodies to those who know what they are doing.

Pros

knowing that you have taken part in the manufacture of a specialised vehicle body

Cons

workforce-management communication could improve

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A Smith Great Bentley. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement