A Star Recruitment

A Star Recruitment Employee Reviews

2.5
Work-life balance

Nice easy job

Nice and easy need to have good people skills. Good company nice team would work there again. Easy routes. Would recommend the company. Delivery pacels

A star are the best

I worked for a star at ansell lighting in golborne always paid on time Always guaranteed my hours with them Very easy to communicate with if I needed them Was laid off due to the pandemic but they even put us on furlough from March until end of July and they also kept in touch with us throughout the furlough scheme would go back to ansell in a heartbeat very professional and good company to work for staff always very helpful

Pros

Easy to commute to

Cons

Great people working for a great company.

Excellent recruitment, some of the best jobs out their with great pay and hours, the staff at A star are extremely helpful and are tottaly dedicated to finding you a great job with good pay and hours. I would highly recommend.

Useless

These people take your money and there not even a real position open. Immediate starts mean weeks. They don't answer back. The most unhelpful bunch. I will Put them on a name and shame group.

Pros

Stay away

Cons

Stay away

The worst agency I’ve worked for

The staff are disrespectful amateurs that really can’t run a business. They mess you around weekly with pay, and ignore any requests. It’s a total shambles and anyone with sense would do well to avoid this agency.

Pros

Struggling to find any

Cons

Constant payment issues, rude and unhelpful staff and a total lack of respect .

Decent employment agency.

Staff were very friendly, prepared to give possible employees a chance to prove themselves. It took them a week to find me a placement and the company ended up taking me on full time.

Do not go here if desperate

A star will always back the employer, you are not garenteed hours and staff on site will get rid of you if they do not like you. The supervisor at Eddie stobart stank of alcohol, the big boss of the warehouse is rude and disrespectful and treats you terrible, five people walked out in one week, they are understaffed from either sacking or people walking out. Do not work here.

Pros

Easy work

No issues really

I was out of work before joining a star and wanted something to get me back on me feet. The girls at the Wigan Branch were sound with me anytime i had a query. The job itself was ok the slight downside was it was pretty much zero hours and min wage. Supervisor on site was a sound guy.

Pros

Straight forward interaction with agency

Cons

Min wage & not gaurenteed hours

Good company to work for

Always offered work, payment every Friday, holiday pay for being off, really helpful and the office always do their best to help. Great for people looking for immediate starting work, lots of positions to apply for

Pros

Paid on time, lots of work

Terrible

Do yourself a favour and go to any other agency, as this is a terrible agency. You get spoken at with a complete lack of respect, they try to bully you, pay you low wages if you do get paid at all, which I have not, after working for them. Please go somewhere else.

Pros

Cons

Lots

Nice working for them.

1 of the best agencies i worked for, they gave me plenty hours of work which is a positive thing for me. Now I moved to a different city to find work and I asked A Star if they can provide reference for my new employer and they are happy to give reference. I never had a single problem with them. Payment on time. They will deal with you professionally Thank you A Star, I had a great time working for you.

Pros

Lots of work

Cons

I cant think of any.

Slave labour

Complete tools to work for, daft hours at daft times and when you do go on site your not guaranteed work after traveling for 2 hours and catching 3 busses.

Cons

Stay clear go to different agencies

stay well clear the management talk to you like poo they rip you of with wages why there getting there hair done sign up to different agency

Pros

Very bad run agency

Cons

They rip you off

Con Merchants

I put up with this 1star company for 6 months, and regret signing up at all. When I started I questioned some of the details and was told 'do you want the job or not!' They have no respect for you as an employee, talk to you like you are worthless and take 8% out of your wage for the pleasure. No proper holiday structure, you'll be lucky to get any holiday pay at all. Half the time your wage will be wrong not to mention you might not even get paid on a Friday and have to wait over the weekend. Absolute joke, look elsewhere there are far better agencys that won't take the mick out of you!

Pros

In work

Cons

Make you feel worthless

Think first!

The agency are a rip off, although not told at the interview you will be classed as "self employed" therefore no paid holidays, no tax or national insurance contributions but by some amazing quirk they take a percentage via an offshore company, this will cause problems when you finally get released onto the dss.yet another way of exploiting the Great British worker!

Pros

looked good

Cons

exploitation

Jokes (Tuffnells haydock)

Do not waste your time I worked for them at Tuffnells haydock were the staff are bad and A STAR STAFF are night mares they mess your wages up and take money out your wages so you are paid below min wage they speak to you like they own you and have no respect at all for any of the staff they lie about the hours they want you to work and in Tuffnells they hide the signing out sheet so you can't leave until they say it is a complete joke and a health and safety hazard DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND LOWER YOURSELF !!!!!!!!!!!!

Pros

Cons

We're do i start !!!!

Absolute rubbish.

Would not bother with A Star Recruitment they put you to a useless warehouse where all the stupid staff are off there heads of all sorts of drugs and alcohol.

good

we worked nights in tufnells it was hard work i didnt really learn much from there. the most enjoyable peart of the job was the lads i was working with we had alaff. the hardest part of the jaob was the heavy lifting

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A Star Recruitment. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6