A Steady Hand

A Steady Hand Employee Reviews with Jobs

Calm comfortable setting to work in

able to work at your own pace and create your own schedule, interact with family members of clients. leaning experience and room to grow for other job opportunities.

Great Client-Centered Employers

I think it says something when employers are always available on the phone, reply promptly to e-mails, and will even cover shifts in a case of an emergency. I've never met or worked for a more client-centered and caring company. Furthermore, the clients are excellent and easy to work with. Each staff member on the team truly cares for everyone and ensures that a high quality of care is always provided to each client. Seriously, there's not many places that hire employees who take their job so seriously or with so much pride.

Pros

Flexible scheduling

Inclusive work environment with supervisors that are equally accommodating to clients and staff.

My short time spent at A Steady Hand provided me with valuable insight into the population of individuals living with developmental disabilities. They service a variety of individuals. Each work day is different; you may help someone shop for groceries, do homework (pertaining to a child), maintain appropriate households, etc. I learned the value of interacting with these individuals with compassion instead of sympathy. The hardest part of the job is reminding yourself that there is only so much you can do; at the end of the day the people you work with are people and they will make their own choices just as any other human will do. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with a variety of individuals and experiencing more than the "norm".

Rewarding and productive days.

Depending on the individual you work with your days can be very different. You may stay at their home and work on personal things the individual needs assisted with, or you may explore the community.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A Steady Hand. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • A Steady Hand
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?