A WAY OUT

A WAY OUT Employee Reviews

United Kingdom4 reviews

2.6Job security & advancement

Very fun workplace.

Enjoyable place to work, working in the community with the youth project. Great job satisfaction. The other volunteers/workers are very friendly and lovely to work with.

Pros

Job satisfaction

Cons

Not enough hours

Fun team

I enjoyed my time at A Way Out, the team are fantastic with a real caring environment. I there had been opportunity for growth I might have stayed on.

Not what I expected

Help with food parcels, prepare food for the day, set up a room for painting nails and talking. Take a register of those using the room I was supervising. Wash up, clean floors and hoover. Complete evaluation form. I learnt a lot about hard to reach woman who need support on a daily basis in the Stockton area, how these needs are to be met and how hard it is to get the right support for each individual. Management team did not help when I asked for it, I was told to tell a client that they weren't in when the client was in distress and needed urgent support. Workplace culture was divided between paid staff and volunteers. The volunteers did all the work setting up the paid staff played on their phones. When the clients came in the paid staff used the computers for any support but the running around was by all the volunteers including the clearing up, dishes and hovering. When training I loved how they made the staff feel and how we would try to have a positive impact on the hard to reach possible clients in A Way Out. However when working in the building I discovered that the paid team did not have that passion to help support those in need, they seemed to have an attitude of not having the time or rolled their eyes when the same people needed support. I tried to help but at the time was only a volunteer and my input was not valued. The hardest part was being unable to help those who needed support and was turned away by staff. It was not because they could not help them the paid staff would say their in here for the same things all the time and said they knew -

Pros

free car park

Cons

Not flexible-paid staff treat voluteers differently.

Fun and welcoming place to work/volunteer

Every week I am welcomed with a smile by the youth team and the fellow volunteers. We help numerous children in small groups to develop skills such as communication and team work. We play games such as dodgeball and volleyball to help the children build on their team work and we also do group activities where we focus on a different topic helping the children to portray their ideas on the particular topic. The hardest part of volunteering here is the stories that some of the children may tell you about their home life and any problems they have at school and knowing that you have had a better background then most of the children. The best part is seeing the children enjoy themselves and knowing that by having a good time with the children you have helped them enjoy their time at school.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A WAY OUT. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

A WAY OUT Reviews by Location

• A WAY OUT
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?