A and K Home Care

A and K Home Care Reviews: Working at A and K Home Care

United Kingdom7 reviews

Good company

I worked as a coordinator for a few months in 2017. Mostly enjoyable and I got on well with the managment team and staff. All companies have problems but these can soon be ironed out. I left due to personal mental health but do miss working there.

Pros

Good atmosphere

Cons

Occasional on call hassle

A real care environment

After 6 months here I have come to understand a great deal of how community care functions, and its not always easy as the process has many different parts. Sometimes failings of outside the company land on us to deal with, but this is the challenge as these are people(nans and grandads).Overall I enjoy it Sometimes the days are long but the days off are good with the shift pattern we work.

Pros

The Team and service users

Cons

we can only do so much

Badly managed

Disgusting managers treat staff disgusting and client charge for calls not give under pay on pay day and blame everyone but themselves for the badly run company nobody gets the correct training before signed off to work alone

Official response from A and K Home Care

7 January 2020
as a further comment we dont have anyone in this position at this time it was a role we piloted in the second quarter and was dismissed early in the third as there were no signs that standards in this area were improving if anything they were lower.

Hassle

Came to work for A and K in July and was full of enthusisam but that didnt last long. Continuing hassle on watsapp, be there be here, and seems the culture is if you dont like it theres the door. Please if you have any sense dont work for them.

Pros

Clients

Cons

No management

Official response from A and K Home Care

7 January 2020
thank you for your review, however the service users come first and the information group is information staff need for shift when you are late we get calls asking us at the office how long you will be.

Motivating work place

This was my first job and I found it a great way to start out the working life! I was office based but I got introduced to every staff member, as I did the recruitment which I worked closely alongside one of the managers who gave me full support and widened my knowledge! The atmosphere was always happy and an enjoyable place to work, it’s like a little family!

Good pay, lovely clients and work environment

I worked as a carer for A and K for just over a year. The service users are all friendly and the job is very rewarding knowing they appreciate seeing your face and what you do for them everyday. The managers and office staff are friendly and approachable and guide you to do your job properly, they are also not afraid to tell you when you have done something wrong and show you how to improve. The pay is run through a clock in and out system so as long as you clock into your calls your pay will be correct( A lot of co workers didn't do this and complained about pay which is down to their own fault). I had never worked in care before and feel like A and K gave me a great starting point in learning all I need to know. My only con would be the routes changing often however this is expected due to new service users.

Pros

Rewarding

Cons

Good environment, lovely clients and pay

I have worked at A&K for several years and have enjoyed my job as I have progressed through different levels and learnt new skills. Although I was office based I still got good interaction with the clients who all were satisfied with their care and how we delivered. A lot of hard work takes place in the office with clients being the number one priority.

Pros

Nice environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A and K Home Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare A and K Home Care with

A and K Home Care Reviews by Location

• A and K Home Care
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?