A.C. Moore

A.C. Moore Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,006 reviews

My time at the company

It was really good and easy to pick up and get going once I started working and although the location I worked at is now closed indefinitely it was really nice working for the company

Temporary

I only worked here towards the end of their time being a store as they were bought out by another company, so I didn't get enough experience there. By the time I started working here, it was at the very end before they went out of business.

Good for a little while but the store The floor people and the assistant managers were great. Enjoyed working with them a lot.

It was good for a little while. The manager was not good. He would scream at people and slam doors. The asst. Mangers were great. Enjoyed working with them and they were great 👍

Fun workplace

Good pay, flexibility, and good managers. I enjoyed being able to work on my own and independently without feeling like I had someone looking over my shoulder

Fun place to work

Ac Moore was a fun place to work while it lasted. My coworkers were very nice as was the management overall, though I didn’t interact very much with the store supervisor. Sad we closed

The coworkers are okay but the customers can be very rude.

I learned a lot with dealing with customers and what a retail job entails. It was good way to get customer service experience but I never would want to work at retail again though.

fun people to work with

great job with great coworkers and managers. flexible schedules and good management. great job for students or adults. can be fun but also stressful when busy

No support/Favoritism for lazy co workers

High turnover due to favoritism by managements. Went out of business . Coworkers rude to customers. Not enough training. Learn as you go with no one there to help.

Pros

Learning how to frame and seeing some beautiful artwork from customers

Cons

Too many

I loved my job at AC moore. Sad to see the company close its doors.

Friendly employees,management was easy to work with,Sad to see the company close its doors.Fun job,Pay could be better,Insurance was expensive.

Sad the company closed it’s doors for good.

Everyone was a pleasure to work with. Every shift had a positive, energetic, pleasant atmosphere. If AC Moore was still in business, I would recommend those who are artistic driven and looking for extra income.

Pros

Great staff

Cons

Benefits, out of business

Great team

Great team environment. Liked working here. Had to transfer dud to spouse relocating, otherwise would still be there. Loved employee discounts and seeing new merchandise.

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Short staffed like everywhere

Un-fulfilling and mind numbing.

I love art and took the custom framing position at my local AC Moore as I thought it would be a great opportunity to not only see beautiful works of creation, but also to help further enhance and build upon the unique design elements already present in the art to give a client a newly rendered art piece to proudly display in their homes. Management was full of complete incompetence, there are no advancements, and cooperate only cared about each sale ticket hitting a baseline price of 250. Glad I left without wasting too much of my time before they went completely under as a company.

Pros

Beautiful works of art due to customer’s needs in custom framing.

Cons

Basic retail cons.

Reasonable work conditions

Not too bad, lower level management is terrible. Weekends and holidays required. Decent training program, Difficult to get unscheduled time off, Full time unavailable.

Pros

Not many.

Cons

Short breaks, healthcare etc.

All around worst place to work ,no job security

Head supervisor's have bad attitude, will blame you for everything that goes wrong, call mandatory overtime almost all the time, you'll have no or rarely have time for your self, you'll spend more time at work then you do home,

Horrible

They don’t care about the people only making a dollar for the bottom lineManagers worked 7 days a week and 12 hours a day - not good payNo overtime for managers or assistants

Not productive or fun

Not a productive work environment. Management was untrained and unskilled. Communication between team members was nonexistent. The store was not cleaned properly.

just regular retail

Pretty simple tasks but felt laborious walking around all day and restocking or cleaning. The hourly rate was terrible, I believe $10. Not worth it.

Pros

easy tasks

Cons

low pay

I liked the weekly pay and autonomy

This was a good job with supportive management and a good team to work with. Work never felt like work. We came in. We did our jobs. We even had fun and laughs while doing it.

Pros

weekly pay

Cons

job ended too early

Overall Fun

It was a fun place to work if you enjoyed arts and crafts, but times were stressful, like during the liquidation period and hours were difficult to get because there were so many full time managers and we did not have many associates

Cons

low pay, inconsistent hours (often very low)

Can get boring if no customers. (Custom Framer)

It's not a bad job for the position I was in (custom framer). Depending on who your managers are, you can really enjoy being a framer. It can be boring if no customers are around, but when it is busy, the time goes by fast and I have a lot of fun discussing with customers about their artwork. Definitely can learn a thing or two about framing pictures for yourself. You can learn a little about sales marketing, but other than that, don't expect anything else.

Pros

Relaxing, Fun Job As A Custom Framer

Cons

Gets boring when it's slow, pay isn't that great

Fast paced and busy

This job is a good start if you’re young and need experience. All A.C Moore’s are closed now though but luckily I had a good staff all around.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A.C. Moore. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • A.C. Moore
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?